Craft brewing fad

It is certainly is not a fad. Craft beer started to gain market shares b/c people got tired of drinking bland ass beers from the usual suspects. The one craze I don’t understand is this Claws and Truly bullshit. Gross.
Truly's are fucked up, too..they give a weird headache like an hour after you start drinking them, to both me and my wife

I had a shot of moonshine while camping (pure hellfire gross) and grabbed my sister’s as a chaser. Never again on both.
Moonshine is for when your wife left ya, the field isnt growing any crops, your son died from a harsh winter, your best cow isnt producing any milk and your own cousins started a gang and robbed your barn of all of its 1965 chevy parts.

You just shoot it up your asshole with a straw, hunch over in a dirty wife beater and let your drool and snots make an awesome puddle on the kitchen table as your eyes asianize

That. Or you’re ‘hill people’ like my kin. :lol:
Id probably stare down at my chest, and hallucinate a single hair growing and be yelling in my head "hairS...they said it'd put hairS on your chest!"

It is certainly is not a fad. Craft beer started to gain market shares b/c people got tired of drinking bland ass beers from the usual suspects. The one craze I don’t understand is this Claws and Truly bullshit. Gross.
Truly's are fucked up, too..they give a weird headache like an hour after you start drinking them, to both me and my wife

I had a shot of moonshine while camping (pure hellfire gross) and grabbed my sister’s as a chaser. Never again on both.
LOL! When I first read this I thought you posted "grabbed my sister's ass as a chaser." Yes, I reread it. LOL!

I give it 5 to ten yrs before it downsizes in a big way. Everyone wants to be the next big thing but its just not going to happen. Went to another of many of these tasting events. Couple dozen vendors. Not one beer I would buy if it was in the store. Been that way since the beginning of this craze. That's how it is here in MN, any different where yous is

I've tasted good and horrible home brews.

A couple here in Katy Tx started a brewery called No Label brewing company and it's really taken off.
You can buy it in most of the local restaurants and bars.
When they first opened they'd give away free beer every Saturday,they had to put a stop to it when the few homeless in the area figured it out.
Now it's ten bucks to get in.
upload_2019-9-16_10-27-52.jpeg

They bought an old rice dryer which is kinda cool,the locals love it.
KISD-Ed-Foundation-Fireflies-Foodtrucks.jpg

I give it 5 to ten yrs before it downsizes in a big way. Everyone wants to be the next big thing but its just not going to happen. Went to another of many of these tasting events. Couple dozen vendors. Not one beer I would buy if it was in the store. Been that way since the beginning of this craze. That's how it is here in MN, any different where yous is

A couple here in Katy Tx started a brewery called No Label brewing company and it's really taken off.
When they first opened they'd give away free beer every Saturday,they had to put a stop to it when the few homeless in the area figured it out.
View attachment 279544
Bonz and I have been toying around with a similar idea.
In Indiana it is legal to give micro brewed beer away w/o a license as long as it is consumed on the premises it is brewed.
Currently I do give away some brewed beers, but to friends and family. One bomber bottle at a time. Illegal, but not enough for law enforcement to care.
My biggest fear in a public beer giveaway is to be inundated with undesirables. (Undesirables is referring to anyone who has zero interest in craft beer, or ever buying any - and just want free beer)

View attachment 279544
Bonz and I have been toying around with a similar idea.
In Indiana it is legal to give micro brewed beer away as long as it is consumed on the premises it is brewed.
Currently I do give away some brewed beers, but to friends and family. One bomber bottle at a time. Illegal, but not enough for law enforcement to care.
My biggest fear in a public beer giveaway is to be inundated with undesirables. (Undesirables is referring to anyone who has zero interest in craft beer, or ever buying any - and just want free beer)

It was great advertising in the beginning but yeah the homeless screwed it up for everyone else.
I dont mind paying ten bucks for five beers,and the wife rarely uses all her chips so I end up with seven,which is about all I can drink. They pack a punch!!!
d71d2731b2bfa418ab0bb31b2b0713fe.jpg

Think all it will do is motivate the bigs to get more creative....

They did. Years ago.
Think Angry Orchard, Red Dog etc.
As well as AmBev is buying up those who will sell like Rolling Rock, Goose Island Brewery among others.
Who, after purchasing, closed the historic brewhouses, laid everyone but a skeleton crew off. And brew in St. Louis

They did. Years ago.
Think Angry Orchard, Red Dog etc.
As well as AmBev is buying up those who will sell like Rolling Rock, Goose Island Brewery among others.
Who, after purchasing, closed the historic brewhouses, laid everyone but a skeleton crew off. And brew in St. Louis
bud light lime
bud light orange
pumpkin beers

they did try a lotta stuff

Craft beer is a cool as hell niche industry. Local bars are working with local brewers and have local customers, and the commerce that develops as a result is "local"-centric.

Win, win, win.

Plus, its alcohol.

#WIN
Niche it is

American macro beer is unfortunately a lot like a great many things in our country.
The race to mediocrity. "Be different by doing what everyone else is doing".
In the strange world of American consumers ...

DRINKING THIS....
Bud Lite.jpg

MAKES YOU COOLER THAN DRINKING THIS...
Bud2.jpg

Even though it is exactly the same thing.

And drinking this.....
corona.jpg

Makes you superfly cool man... you're like the ultimate rebel. Even though it is the shittiest beer imaginable, which is exactly why people put lemons in it because it is almost always skunk because of the clear bottle.

Craft beer is a cool as hell niche industry. Local bars are working with local brewers and have local customers, and the commerce that develops as a result is "local"-centric.

Win, win, win.

Plus, its alcohol.

#WIN
Niche it is

You need to quit while you are behind.
Niche???
Uh.... I wouldn't call $27.6 Billion annually a niche.
As well as no one, and I mean NO ONE would call a product that is now 24% of the U.S. market a "niche".

Win, win, win.

Plus, its alcohol.

#WIN
Niche it is

Niche???
As well as no one, and I mean NO ONE would call a product that is now 24% of the U.S. market a "niche".
Think of how much higher it really is than 27.6 billion when you factor in all the guys doing it with no official capacity for book-keeping, too.

Win, win, win.

Plus, its alcohol.

#WIN
Niche it is

Niche???
Think of how much higher it really is than 27.6 billion when you factor in all the guys doing it with no official capacity for book-keeping, too.
It has been awhile, but I wrote a thread here about beer in America. There is not a better representation with everything that is wrong with corporatism/corruption etc. than the story of beer in America. I will not elaborate here since this is not a political area of USMB... but just to say, I wish more people were educated about the craft beer movement, and how important and significant..and just all around beautiful thing that has dared to challenge the corporations and is WINNING.

Win, win, win.

Plus, its alcohol.

#WIN
Niche it is

Niche???
It has been awhile, but I wrote a thread here about beer in America. There is not a better representation with everything that is wrong with corporatism/corruption etc. than the story of beer in America. I will not elaborate here since this is not a political area of USMB... but just to say, I wish more people were educated about the craft beer movement, and how important and significant..and just all around beautiful thing that has dared to challenge the corporations and is WINNING.
And getting buzzy.
And getting laid.

YOU ESSS AY, YOU ESS AY!!! lol

Win, win, win.

Plus, its alcohol.

#WIN
Niche it is

Niche???

Right up until they sell out to the big corporations... and they do. Too often.

Win, win, win.

Plus, its alcohol.

#WIN
Niche it is

Niche???
If you followed the thread niche wasnt my word....simply agreed with the person who posted it. Take it up with him.

It's been going on for 25 years.

yeah so,,,,,,,......product they turn out is unimpressive

God, I hope so.

My friends are all sucked into this fad. It makes getting together to have a beer, almost painful.

It is fucking hilarious to see someone whom, I've seen puking his guts out, from too many quarter drafts, to get a flight of different craft beers and post reviews on each one of them. And then compare them to his past reviews. ANd then compare them to his friends reviews. And then I don't even know what, because by then I am actively NOT listening.

yeah so,,,,,,,......product they turn out is unimpressive

lol
But watered down rice beer is so much better!
Hilarious

Forum List

Back