Covip 19 2nd round of Stimulous

JimZiegelbauer

Gold Member
Jul 25, 2020
I think we all know why the Democrates are Pushing for a sencond round of Covid 19 Stimulous, pay for the 2020 vote and thier pet Projet like the Green News Deal. OUR kids and sch0ols need it and the Average American that has been affected by the Virus, the $1,200 Depsoits have help alot of people thrush these tough times,. What are your thoughts One suggestion I hear is that Small Business need help not Company's over 25 employyes and people that make less than $30,000 each or $55,000 net income married. No sports teams, or any Organizations Police funding is as important as medical people and Doctors and of Course military familys

Both sides are pushing and working on it but it is the Democrats getting the blame for it not happening.

Both sides are pushing and working on it but it is the Democrats getting the blame for it not happening.
Pelosi and the Democrats own the blame because they are doing what they always do. Trying to jam in a bunch of pork that has NOTHING to do with helping the American people.

IMO that's the way it's being seen.

Are you sure? If Pelosi and the Dems thought they were gonna get the worst of the blame then wouldn't they be more willing to deal? My guess is, they're waiting to see what the polls say about it over the next few weeks. Plus, they're waiting to see what the GOP does in the Senate, it ain't like those Repubs have shown the cojones to take the heat. I believe the Dems will make a deal but only if they think they have to. Frankly, these days the best interests of the country isn't the driving factor no matter what they say.

Pelosi and the Democrats own the blame because they are doing what they always do. Trying to jam in a bunch of pork that has NOTHING to do with helping the American people.

Are you sure? If Pelosi and the Dems thought they were gonna get the worst of the blame then wouldn't they be more willing to deal? My guess is, they're waiting to see what the polls say about it over the next few weeks. Plus, they're waiting to see what the GOP does in the Senate, it ain't like those Repubs have shown the cojones to take the heat. I believe the Dems will make a deal but only if they think they have to. Frankly, these days the best interests of the country isn't the driving factor no matter what they say.

I'm not a GOP supporter. There is no way I support Trump and I see it as the Dems getting the blame.

They are completely unable to learn that people are more important than campaign donors.

Look at the battle ground polls. They have massively shifted to Trump... The longer this petty game of pork packing continues the farther they push these voters away... DEMS own it and the polling shows it.

Last edited:
President Donald Trump on Friday said he would be signing an executive order related to the Wuhan coronavirus sometime this week. The order will extend unemployment benefits and student loan deferment to the end of the year. Businesses will also see a payroll tax cut until the end of 2020.

"We're going to have the payroll tax go 'til the end of the year and it'll be retroactive to July 1st. So we're going to go back to July 1st. It'll go to the end of the year, payroll tax. At the end of the year, it may be extended," he explained.

"We're going to enhance unemployment benefits through the end of the year so unemployment benefits will be – that's a big one – will be brought out to the end of the year and defer student loan payments and forgive student loan interest until further notice," the president said. "So students who are paying student loans, and in many cases they're not even allowed to go back into their colleges."

Trump said the executive order will also extend the eviction moratorium.

I do not believe that Trump has the authority to send out another relief check similar to what we got in April/May. I'm not even sure he can do the stuff listed above, it might get challenged by the Dems, but that might them look worse than the Repubs.

pknopp: "I'm not a GOP supporter. There is no way I support Trump and I see it as the Dems getting the blame."

Who you support isn't a factor in who gets the majority of the blame if there is no COVID-19 Relief Bill from Congress. Not picking a fight here, I'm okay with whoever you support and vote for, and I assume that doesn't influence your opinion in this matter. BUT - The Dems do have the power of the press that IMHO is mostly liberal (sorry Coyote, JMO), and that could sway public opinion somewhat. Interesting to see how the coverage goes in the coming weeks on the Relief Bill and Trump's EO.

President Donald Trump on Friday said he would be signing an executive order related to the Wuhan coronavirus sometime this week. The order will extend unemployment benefits and student loan deferment to the end of the year. Businesses will also see a payroll tax cut until the end of 2020.

"We're going to have the payroll tax go 'til the end of the year and it'll be retroactive to July 1st. So we're going to go back to July 1st. It'll go to the end of the year, payroll tax. At the end of the year, it may be extended," he explained.

"We're going to enhance unemployment benefits through the end of the year so unemployment benefits will be – that's a big one – will be brought out to the end of the year and defer student loan payments and forgive student loan interest until further notice," the president said. "So students who are paying student loans, and in many cases they're not even allowed to go back into their colleges."

I do not believe that Trump has the authority to send out another relief check similar to what we got in April/May. I'm not even sure he can do the stuff listed above, it might get challenged by the Dems, but that might them look worse than the Repubs.

pknopp: "I'm not a GOP supporter. There is no way I support Trump and I see it as the Dems getting the blame."

Who you support isn't a factor in who gets the majority of the blame if there is no COVID-19 Relief Bill from Congress. Not picking a fight here, I'm okay with whoever you support and vote for, and I assume that doesn't influence your opinion in this matter. BUT - The Dems do have the power of the press that IMHO is mostly liberal (sorry Coyote, JMO), and that could sway public opinion somewhat. Interesting to see how the coverage goes in the coming weeks on the Relief Bill and Trump's EO.

It could affect things "somewhat" but the (D)'s are currently getting the blame.

The (D)'s need people like me but their insistence to.continually put rich benefactors before the people is why they don't get my support.

Trump can extend those items that the legislation has already approved. I dont believe he can expend funds so a second check wont happen.

Forum List

Back