COVID: What's next?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
I'm going to hope that we can stay on topic here. There are already more than enough threads on vaccine efficacy.

It's becoming more and more clear that we're not going to get enough people vaccinated to create a "herd immunity", or whatever the hell we were hoping for. Those who are against this -- whatever their reasons -- appear to have won. Their individual "freedom" and their "liberty" remain intact, and the rest will be able to avoid it for whatever reason it is that scares them.

All that excitement about getting the vaccines available is over. Wasted.

So let's get real: Now that we have decided the virus and its future variants and mutations aren't going away, how do you think this plays out in terms of public health? In terms of how it affects the economy?

What's next? How do you see this playing out?

What happens?

Enough of the rednecks who refuse to get vaccinations catch it. Some of them remove themselves from the Gene pool, the rest get natural immunity.

I doubt that anyone will go back to lock downs or masks. People are too fed up with that.

What happens?

Enough of the rednecks who refuse to get vaccinations catch it. Some of them remove themselves from the Gene pool, the rest get natural immunity.

I doubt that anyone will go back to lock downs or masks. People are too fed up with that.
Got a link that proves how many "rednecks" are anti-vaxers compared to the "porch sitters"?
Didn't think so, just more "fake news".

As an FYI, there are more democrats that didn't get vaccinated than Republicans.
Maybe we can consider those retro-active abortions, huh?

What happens?

I suspect that you and Mac1958 are mistaken that its only trump voters who are not getting vaccinated

I'm going to hope that we can stay on topic here. There are already more than enough threads on vaccine efficacy.

It's becoming more and more clear that we're not going to get enough people vaccinated to create a "herd immunity", or whatever the hell we were hoping for. Those who are against this -- whatever their reasons -- appear to have won. Their individual "freedom" and their "liberty" remain intact, and the rest will be able to avoid it for whatever reason it is that scares them.

So let's get real: Now that we have decided the virus and its future variants and mutations aren't going away, how do you think this plays out in terms of public health? In terms of how it affects the economy?

How will the covid pandemic play out? It will get better, or it will get worse.
If it gets better, it will be because the variants become more mild as more people either get vaccinated, or get natural immunity, so that we eventually get herd immunity.
If it gets worse, the variants will get even more virulent and even more deadly, some even that the vaccines won't stop.

Covid is not going away, it will be here like the annual flu season.

Who do we blame for covid? Dr. Fauci paid the Wuhan Lab to develop gain-of-function bat viruses, that killed over 600,000 Americans.

Probably off topic...
Covid is just like everything else. We're a nation of spoiled brats. We can't make the hard choices any more; we can't admit our system of government is broken, we can't admit that our election infrastructure needs updating, we can't admit that our 50 "baby" governments are just as dysfunctional as the central government, we have an electoral college that is poised to deliver a 269/269 split, we have all sorts of colonies around the globe that we should incorporate into states so people don't continue to believe that some citizens are more "American" than others... And I haven't even started on the 1/2 of the nation who fully believes that 11 different state elections, dozens of county-wide elections, and every court and law enforcement agency is rigged against them.

We're a nation of 13 y/o girls and 10 y/o boys.

Covid is just the latest example of us not wanting to make a hard choice. You take the vaccine and keep doing the 3 big steps (hand washing, masking, and social distancing) and this thing goes away. The discomfort level is almost non existent.... we won't do it. Just like we won't get rid of public TV, admit that having 4 gazillion guns may be adding to the gun violence that we have and no other first world nation does...just like the climate change deniers...

We need to grow up and we need to do it fast.

We'll get there eventually. When your kid can't play football or you can't attend if you're not vaccinated...yeah...we'll get there. Doing it because it's the right thing to do is not an option for most people. All to pity them more.

I'm sure that in the 2024 election campaign, President Trump will propose ideas to get rid of this plague.

And the people will be able to accept his proposal to defeat it, or they can continue with Sleepy Joe's plan of failure.

Like I said, it will be up to the people.

Interesting stuff here on research being done on treatments:

AstraZeneca, Celltrion, Edesa Biotech, Eli Lilly and MANY more are all close on hoped-for treatments.

Probably off topic...
Covid is just like everything else. We're a nation of spoiled brats. We can't make the hard choices any more; we can't admit our system of government is broken, we can't admit that our election infrastructure needs updating, we can't admit that our 50 "baby" governments are just as dysfunctional as the central government, we have an electoral college that is poised to deliver a 269/269 split, we have all sorts of colonies around the globe that we should incorporate into states so people don't continue to believe that some citizens are more "American" than others... And I haven't even started on the 1/2 of the nation who fully believes that 11 different state elections, dozens of county-wide elections, and every court and law enforcement agency is rigged against them.

We're a nation of 13 y/o girls and 10 y/o boys.

Covid is just the latest example of us not wanting to make a hard choice. You take the vaccine and keep doing the 3 big steps (hand washing, masking, and social distancing) and this thing goes away. The discomfort level is almost non existent.... we won't do it. Just like we won't get rid of public TV, admit that having 4 gazillion guns may be adding to the gun violence that we have and no other first world nation does...just like the climate change deniers...

We need to grow up and we need to do it fast.

We'll get there eventually. When your kid can't play football or you can't attend if you're not vaccinated...yeah...we'll get there. Doing it because it's the right thing to do is not an option for most people. All to pity them more.
You sound like you need a street corner with a bull horn, and a sign that reads “repent”…

Forum List

Back