CoVid - shaming

So with just one percent dead that's 3.4 million, which would exceed the number of service men lost in battle in every war the US has fought. And quoting Trump when asked about the current staggering dead toll, he said, "It is what it is". I wonder if 3.4 million would elicit any more empathy than 200,000.

I think you're matching apples with oranges. Each age group has a different population number to consider.

We’ve all seen it, the public shaming of people who wear face masks, keeping social distance, etc... the people asserting COVID is no worse than the flu. And then they get CoVid. Or a family member gets CoVid. And there they are back on social media asking for thoughts and prayers . But what they get is a healthy dose of public shaming .
I wonder, if you shame others for following cdc guidelines and flaunt those suggestions and then end up sick, is turn around really fair play ?
An article on a similar topic Social media and COVID shaming: Fighting a toxic combination

Those who continue to fall for the #CoronaHoax2020, and those who worse, demand that others do so as well, and comply with the abuses being perpetrated in connection therewith, should be shamed.

Your kind have done quite enough damage as it is. You've destroyed the economy, and you've destroyed basic, essential freedoms, all in fear over a hyperbolized flu outbreak.

Fuck you and every one of your degenerate kind. May you die painfully, starving, homeless, on the streets, the very fate that you've happily worked to inflict on others.
Excellent well spoken,I could not have said it any better myself word for word,notice that only one poster,one of USMBs resident trolls gave a negative alert to this post and that only a couple we’ll known trolls liked the post of the op.lol

the only thing I will add on to this excellent truthful post and best post on this thread issomehow patriotic whistleblower doctors who have come out and put their careers and livilhoods on the line telling facts the cdc inflates the numbers by ruling practically every kind of death like fatal car accident or gunshot wound to the head as a result of corona,are not credible to these trolls like the op and the two that liked his post,only what their wonderful corruptgovernment they worship as the gospel truth is all that matters to them as truth.

they are a disgrace to the doctors that have put their careers on the line to get the truth out that it is no worse than the common flu. That the actual fatality rate is extremely very low.less than the flu virus.
All that conspiracy theory is nice and all but that’s not the topic of the OP

This place must not have a rule about thread hijacking ?
the topic is a conspiracy theory cause it isnt happening,,,
No, the topic is “covid shaming” Its right in the title of the OP
and yet theres never been a recorded case of that happening,,,

just another conspiracy theory from a nutjob,,,
Really. You actually think that. You think no one at all has ever shamed (made fun of ) another person who wears a mask, maintains social distance, etc... or believes that it should be taken seriously. You know of no one like that ?
That’s your final answer ?
shaming and making fun of are two different things sweetcakes,,,
Again, lady,
You actually think that. You think no one at all has ever shamed (made fun of ) another person who wears a mask, maintains social distance, etc... or believes that it should be taken seriously. You know of no one like that ?
That’s your final answer ?

making fun of and shaming are two different things,,,

you do realize its you shaming people that choose to live free in a free country???,
its factually incorrect that I have shamed anyone here.
Lies as always,a common trait among you dem lovers.

We’ve all seen it, the public shaming of people who wear face masks, keeping social distance, etc... the people asserting COVID is no worse than the flu. And then they get CoVid. Or a family member gets CoVid. And there they are back on social media asking for thoughts and prayers . But what they get is a healthy dose of public shaming .
I wonder, if you shame others for following cdc guidelines and flaunt those suggestions and then end up sick, is turn around really fair play ?
An article on a similar topic Social media and COVID shaming: Fighting a toxic combination
Nope. They shouldn't even be getting medical care for it. Fuck'em. Let them die and raise the average IQ in the US.
After reading the replies to me from these folks, I’m slightly inclined to consider that however they are ignorant albeit very angry fools. And I’m thinking they are just having fun trolling the Newbie
or your OP is so ridiculous we cant think of anything else to say,,,
No, it’s not ridiculous. You are a triggered snowflake . It was a very simple question. And if y’all had read the link article, it would have known that most agree any medical shaming is cruel.
but whos shaming people for getting sick???
Read. The. Article.
the article says shaming people that dont wear masks,,,

why would you want to do that???
I don’t.
clearly you can’t read for comprehension
then whos shaming people???

I haven't seen this behavior anywhere,,,
{{{shrug}}} You should crawl out from under your maga hat more and take a look in the mirror
I didnt vote for trump,,,but your TDS is noted and mocked,,,
You sure do act like a trumpists - with all the usual propaganda

What soggy little Prog trash heap fermented you, hun? If you think Change.org is going to bonus you for trolling here, you're going to be very disappointed.
Awww bless your itty bitty lil orange heart, darlin.
you could have asked me in my intro why I joined and I would have told you. But it’s not for what you have cooked in your little brain.

Blah blah blah blah so sleepy.....zzzzzz

You're just another garden variety boring libtard. It's not like we haven't seen hundreds of you come and go over the years.

Boring!
Take a nap then grandma

What a nasty little noob you are. But I suppose you joining a board just to immediately insult people compensates for your lack of power in your own life.
I am serving back what all y’all are dishing although clearly your little friends have elevated the hatred and trolling to a near art form.
Should I suggest you die a painful death ? Like that kind of insult?
Only one dishing is you and crying about it like a little baby when backed up against the wall with facts that shoot down your lies with nowhere to run.lol

Nope. They shouldn't even be getting medical care for it. Fuck'em. Let them die and raise the average IQ in the US.
After reading the replies to me from these folks, I’m slightly inclined to consider that however they are ignorant albeit very angry fools. And I’m thinking they are just having fun trolling the Newbie
Your the only fucking troll here newbie.
No, that is factually untrue.
i joined this discussion forum in good faith , looking to branch out from the other forum (s), at the urging from a friend. My intro post was amusing. This, my first op, has been largely your friends trolling me. But, I get it. It’s the right of passage .
Yeah right,I’ve heard that line from Your kind too many times to remember.i have never met someone over the net who was not arrogant enough to admit that they have been proven wrong knowing they can hide behind the computer and make up lie after lie and evade facts and never address them,a common trait with you dem lovers,you seem to a clone of Penelope.lol
Wait, you call me a fucking troll and now you want to argue facts
lol
oh hun, you are a special kind of trumturd
He’s not a Trump supporter. Why do you automatically assume that anyone who disagrees with you on this topic must be a Trump supporter? Like your friend, all you’re doing is showing a very binary, hyper-partisan football mentality… which is one of the biggest problems in the US today, iyam.
Obviously anyone who wants to argue facts after he called me a fucking troll - his term- is not just a trumpist but a trumpturd. And it’s laughable you think what all y’all have been doing here is having a discussion. Cmon . You are fucking with me here saying I am the very binary, hyper partisan ... have you not read the posts from your friends here ?, lol
You have proven to everybody you are a joke and just here to troll and have no interest in debating facts kid,I don’t have time for children so again I am done with you,have fun talking to yourself trying to get me to take the bait of your trolling.

So with just one percent dead that's 3.4 million, which would exceed the number of service men lost in battle in every war the US has fought. And quoting Trump when asked about the current staggering dead toll, he said, "It is what it is". I wonder if 3.4 million would elicit any more empathy than 200,000.

At this rate covid would have to run for how many yrs and herd immunity not be an option......insane much

No one knows. The best guess is 50% to 70% of the population would have to develop antibodies through either infection and/or vaccination. Assuming there are about 10 million cases a year, it would take 17 to 24 years without a vaccine. The kicker is we don't know how long immunity last so it could be a lot longer. In reality, without a vaccine, we would just have to live with it for a very long time.

But if you really want something to worry about consider the fact that a large percent of the population may refuse the vaccination. Only about 45% of the population takes the flu vaccine each year. One survey shows 20% will not every take the vaccine and another 40% say they are not likely to take it in the near future. Also if Trump is re-elected, he will almost surely question taking the vaccine, if all the medical experts recommend it. Trump has always been a contrarian, and I would not expect him to change.

Last edited:
That depends on what you call shaming. Asking a person to wear a mask before entering your store, crossing the street so you do not have to walk by people that are unmasked, is not shaming. It's common sense.

Scolding people for not wearing masks or social distancing is shamming and IMHO, it should not be done for two reasons. First and most important it is not likely to change behavior and you just might get into a violent confrontation. People that routinely do not wear mask do so because they feel it's their right or they're following the presidents words and his example or they just don't really care about infecting others. In their case shaming is not going to do any good

Where I live people take wearing mask and social distancing seriously and the result is a pretty low infection rate. I would say compliance is about 90% for adults. Non-compliance is mostly young people, kids and teens.
you were doing so good right up to the time the TDS kicked in and you made it about trump,,,
It's all about the Trump. The only reason we are discussing the need to shame people for not wearing masks is because Trump has been waging a war against mask wearing, mocking those that do and has turned unmasking into a sign of Trump support. Approach a Trump supporter and suggest he wear a mask is likely to turn violent.

The three countries with the worst response to coronavirus are the United States with 209,000 dead, Brazil with a 141,000 and India with 94,000 deaths. One thing these countries have in common is their resistance to mask wearing. In Brazil, President Bolsonaro, a strong ally of Trump routinely mocks people for wearing masks, has forbidden mask wearing in public buildings, and scorning people for not wearing masks is likely to get you arrested. In India, goverment officials are divided on mask wearing claiming they are unhealthy, a mark of slavery, and unnecessary burden on the people. By contrast, two countries that have been the most successful in controlling the virus, South Korea with 399 deaths and Japan with 1540 deaths have governments that widely endorse mask wearing. Government workers at all levels are required to wear masks and public service commercials and signs encourage mask wearing. And in these countries refusing to wear a mask is likely to be met with shaming.

View attachment 393379 View attachment 393383
View attachment 393382View attachment 393384
And Masks at a Trump Rally are about as common as Elect Biden signs.

View attachment 393390
its clear you cant understand the concept that some people arent as controllable as you and can make decisions for themselves,,,

thats where the TDS comes into play,,,
You are making way far too much sense for him to ever comprehend.lol he will never figure that one out.lol

No one knows. The best guess is 50% to 70% of the population would have to develop antibodies through either infection and/or vaccination. Assuming there are about 10 million cases a year, about would take 17 to 24 years without a vaccine.
Try again... T-Cell immunity from previous COVID similar infections are being activated in about 40% of Americans today. This is why so many have little or no symptoms of infection and never realize they have had it. This means the 40% of America has some immunity TODAY and the 22% of the populace that has become ill and recovered make this number about 60% already. This is why our hospitalizations are way down and needed interventions are also way down.

The survival rate of those above 70 years of age is now 85%... This thing has about burned itself out..

Those who continue to fall for the #CoronaHoax2020, and those who worse, demand that others do so as well, and comply with the abuses being perpetrated in connection therewith, should be shamed.

Your kind have done quite enough damage as it is. You've destroyed the economy, and you've destroyed basic, essential freedoms, all in fear over a hyperbolized flu outbreak.

Fuck you and every one of your degenerate kind. May you die painfully, starving, homeless, on the streets, the very fate that you've happily worked to inflict on others.
Here it is again,the post of bob blaylocks he made in post number six on the very first page I was referring to that the op and the other dem loving trolls had no answer for because his pesky facts he stated in his first two paragraphs have never been debunked and all the dem loving trolls like the op all know it so they never try and counter these pesky facts knowing they have been checkmated.lol

he got angry as he did in his last paragraph because he knows as well as I do that the op would cowardly evade these pesky facts he made in the first two paragraphs,like clockwork,he did just that same as all the other dem trolls did.lol they are too predictable like clockwork.lol if they acted mature and actually took the time to address facts and actually were mature enough to admit when they were proven wrong instead of evading the facts as they have the past six monthsand then talk about something else,Bob would not have gotten so angry in his last paragraph as he rightfully did.

It’s tiresome watching the same old shit by a new troll be brought up that has been proven to be an outright lie the last six months over and over again just to watch the same old shit happen over and over again,that the dem loving trolls like the op and penny,never address the facts and post something irrelevent thst has nothing to do with the facts in their pathetic replies.

These dem loving trolls are so predictable with the same cowardly actions,their kind are the biggest clowns ever and I am refraining from saying the same kind of facts that bob posted in his third paragraph cause he already said it so beautifully before in his first post it don’t need to be repeated.

I'm so fucking sick of the Mask Nazis
When you get COVID, would it be okay when someone says, Good! You deserve it?
They get whatever they deserve, too bad for their loved ones.
it was a topic question. You don’t need to take it is personal.

When you do this much to destroy our basic freedoms, as well as even our ability to make a living, to keep food on our tables and a roof over our heads, then it is personal.

Talk to the senate about this, McConnell.
the intense level of hatred on here is almost unparalleled to that on any other forum ive been part of; and I’ve been toe to toe with plenty of trumpists.
but here ?! I tend to give the benefit of the doubt and will concede for now that they are just showing off for the rookie and they will settle down in time.
You want people to die a painful death because they are trying to stay healthy and want others to follow Trumps CDC guidelines? Wow, that’s pretty whacked out. Something is seriously wrong with you

If you believe that any of this is, or ever was, about protecting anyone's health, then you are as stupid and as deceived as -Gemma-.
It’s absolutely about health/safety for millions of people. Not everybody has your top secret insight about the hiden deep state agenda and they see friends and family members getting sick and dying from this disease so you bet your ass they practice Trumps safety protocols and expect other good Americans to do the same. You should be ashamed of yourself for the way you are acting but unfortunately I don’t think you are capable of feeling that way.
It’s absolutely not about health/safety for millions of people....It's about you complying like the good little bootlicking peasant that you are.

You should be ashamed of yourself for being such a fucking Karen, but as I have pointed out so many times, the dearth of introspection among you moonbats leaves you completely incapable of experiencing the emotion of shame.
Yes complying for the health and safety of our fellow Americans. Wow, you can’t be this dumb can you?
It's not about "health and safety" Karen.....If the lame excuses made for the ̶r̶i̶o̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ "peaceful protests" and fucktards like Saint Fauci not complying with his own idiocy when he thinks nobody is looking demonstrate this in spades, what would?
No excuses for rioters.
Wow....I guess you missed all the media hacks making excuses for them....You been in a coma all summer?
Cherry pick all you want. You’re not convincing

At this rate covid would have to run for how many yrs and herd immunity not be an option......insane much

No one knows. The best guess is 50% to 70% of the population would have to develop antibodies through either infection and/or vaccination. Assuming there are about 10 million cases a year, it would take 17 to 24 years without a vaccine. The kicker is we don't know how long immunity last so it could be a lot longer. In reality, without a vaccine, we would just have to live with it for a very long time.

But if you really want something to worry about consider the fact that a large percent of the population may refuse the vaccination. Only about 45% of the population takes the flu vaccine each year. One survey shows 20% will not every take the vaccine and another 40% say they are not likely to take it in the near future. Also if Trump is re-elected, he will almost surely question taking the vaccine, if all the medical experts recommend it. Trump has always been a contrarian, and I would not expect him to change.

You are insane......

And yes common sense and science tells us that masks reduce the spread of particles coming out of our mouths thus reducing the amount of virus being projected by those who are carrying it.

Common sense tells any sane person that a porous mask with fifty-micron gaps is not going to do shit as far as obstructing the passage of a 0.05 to 0.2-micron virus.

To believe otherwise is as stupid as believing that a chain-link fence can protect you from mosquitoes.

View attachment 393392
You would be correct if coronavirus spread just as single virus particles but they don't. When you cough, sneezes or otherwise expel coronavirus from your respiratory track, you are expelling droplets containing virus particles. The average size of those droplets is 1,000 to 10,000 nanometers, so by wearing a simple cotton mask, you will prevent these droplets from entering into the air for someone else to inhale. Are these simple cloth masks 100% effective? No, they vary depending on the material and how well they fit your face. Also, we now know a small percent of the virus is expelled as an aerosol.

Simple cloth masks are typically only about 40% effective but that's enough to provide protections for others because they also reduce the velocity of transmitted droplets and since they stop a lot of of the droplets they reduce the concentration level. The bottom line is they reduce both the concentration (viral dose) of virus and speed of transfer. Together this significantly reduces the chance of transmission of the disease. The size of the viral load needed to make you sick is unknown but we do know the larger the dose the more likely you will get sick and the more likely it will be serious.

I think you're matching apples with oranges. Each age group has a different population number to consider.

The average for the population is around 1%. I could get a more exact number but 1% is close enough.

When you do this much to destroy our basic freedoms, as well as even our ability to make a living, to keep food on our tables and a roof over our heads, then it is personal.

the intense level of hatred on here is almost unparalleled to that on any other forum ive been part of; and I’ve been toe to toe with plenty of trumpists.
but here ?! I tend to give the benefit of the doubt and will concede for now that they are just showing off for the rookie and they will settle down in time.
You want people to die a painful death because they are trying to stay healthy and want others to follow Trumps CDC guidelines? Wow, that’s pretty whacked out. Something is seriously wrong with you

If you believe that any of this is, or ever was, about protecting anyone's health, then you are as stupid and as deceived as -Gemma-.
It’s absolutely about health/safety for millions of people. Not everybody has your top secret insight about the hiden deep state agenda and they see friends and family members getting sick and dying from this disease so you bet your ass they practice Trumps safety protocols and expect other good Americans to do the same. You should be ashamed of yourself for the way you are acting but unfortunately I don’t think you are capable of feeling that way.
It’s absolutely not about health/safety for millions of people....It's about you complying like the good little bootlicking peasant that you are.

You should be ashamed of yourself for being such a fucking Karen, but as I have pointed out so many times, the dearth of introspection among you moonbats leaves you completely incapable of experiencing the emotion of shame.
Yes complying for the health and safety of our fellow Americans. Wow, you can’t be this dumb can you?
It's not about "health and safety" Karen.....If the lame excuses made for the ̶r̶i̶o̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ "peaceful protests" and fucktards like Saint Fauci not complying with his own idiocy when he thinks nobody is looking demonstrate this in spades, what would?
No excuses for rioters.
Wow....I guess you missed all the media hacks making excuses for them....You been in a coma all summer?
I'm cherry picking nothing...And you are blatantly ignoring all the excuse making for the violence.

You are as bad as any of the looters.

And yes common sense and science tells us that masks reduce the spread of particles coming out of our mouths thus reducing the amount of virus being projected by those who are carrying it.

Common sense tells any sane person that a porous mask with fifty-micron gaps is not going to do shit as far as obstructing the passage of a 0.05 to 0.2-micron virus.

To believe otherwise is as stupid as believing that a chain-link fence can protect you from mosquitoes.

View attachment 393392
Of course a mask will be effective. when the virus is flying at it in high quantities and in much larger water droplets.... the mask acts like a screen. Throw a bucket water at a screen and some water will get through but not nearly as much as if there were no screen. I’ve already schooled you on this. Why are you continuing to make this retarded argument? It’s been debunked!!

No excuses for rioters.
I'm cherry picking nothing...And you are blatantly ignoring all the excuse making for the violence.

You are as bad as any of the looters.
I’ve never made excuses and I’ve called out those who say retarded things like looting is reparations. I don’t see the point in making a fuss about who isn’t saying anything or who is making excuses. People are trying to address a cause that millions are actually PEACEFULLY trying to draw attention to. Acknowledging that cause isn’t making excuses for the rioting no matter how hard you try and paint it that way.

View attachment 393392
Of course a mask will be effective. when the virus is flying at it in high quantities and in much larger water droplets.... the mask acts like a screen. Throw a bucket water at a screen and some water will get through but not nearly as much as if there were no screen. I’ve already schooled you on this. Why are you continuing to make this retarded argument? It’s been debunked!!
Of course a mask will be effective. when the virus is flying at it in high quantities and in much larger water droplets....

Please show the irrefutable scientific evidence behind this claim.

fc6bbdd5c2097607eea8e04166ff1177d9f6be371b3bf8f7485114a521b41453.jpg

View attachment 393392
Of course a mask will be effective. when the virus is flying at it in high quantities and in much larger water droplets....

Please show the irrefutable scientific evidence behind this claim.

fc6bbdd5c2097607eea8e04166ff1177d9f6be371b3bf8f7485114a521b41453.jpg
Read Floppers post above. Go educate yourself

Simple cloth masks are typically only about 40% effective…

If you believe that cloth masks are anything close to 40% effective, as far as stopping any virus, then you are too stupid to be taken seriously on any topic.

If you believe that even an N95 mask is anywhere close to 40% effective at stopping any virus, then you are too stupid to be taken seriously on any topic.

These masks are like a chain-link fence, against mosquitoes, as far as obstructing the passage of viruses. They are mostly open air, with gaps that are hundreds of times bigger than any virus.

zPICT0001pHQ1600E.JPG

Simple cloth masks are typically only about 40% effective…

If you believe that cloth masks are anything close to 40% effective, as far as stopping any virus, then you are too stupid to be taken seriously on any topic.

If you believe that even an N95 mask is anywhere close to 40% effective at stopping any virus, then you are too stupid to be taken seriously on any topic.

These masks are like a chain-link fence, against mosquitoes, as far as obstructing the passage of viruses. They are mostly open air, with gaps that are hundreds of times bigger than any virus.

View attachment 393516
The purpose of masks that are commonly used by the public is to stop droplets which contain the virus particles. The average size of these droplets are 100 to 200 times the size of virus particle. N95 filter efficiency is at least 95%. However, it's efficiency at blocking droplets are near 100%. This makes these masks suitable for isolation rooms where viral doses are extremely high and aerosol particles exist. For public spaces such as restaurants, grocery stores, and large gatherings, they are an overkill. Cloth masks and paper/plastic masks are sufficient to significantly reduce the viral dose and transmission.

New Topics

Forum List

Back