Covid Lockdown: Catering to the Few at the Expense of the Many?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
The current Covid-19 "protective" measures seem to be the culmination of a decades-long trend of catering to the demands of the few at the expense of the many. It may have started with Title IX in 1972, which required equal participation in college sports, even though it led to the closure of many men's sports to achieve "parity."
This was followed by the ADA in 1990, which required expensive retrofitting of millions of businesses so that a person in a wheelchair could roll up a ramp, unassisted, into every single public establishment in the U.S. After that many states have required transgender bathroom facilities and allowed biological males to compete in female sports, both of which gave preference to the demands of a few over the interests of many (esp. women).

The latest and greatest iteration of these lopsided policies has been the lock down of our entire population as a precaution against infecting the relatively few who are at serious risk of death from Covid-19. The changing justifications for this extreme action, from preventing millions of deaths to saving our health systems from imminent collapse, have all proven (predictably) false. Why have we endangered our entire economy by quarantining everyone instead of those who are known to have particular susceptibility to this virus?

When are we going to stop this march to the sea of special interest madness??

Why don't you tell that to the relatives that lost loved ones. Make sure you film the encounter, I have $1000.00 that says you don't make it off the lawn.

Why don't you tell that to the relatives that lost loved ones. Make sure you film the encounter, I have $1000.00 that says you don't make it off the lawn.
I wonder if you even understand that your appeal to 'grief' from faceless people in an attempt to 'virtue signal' isn't actually an argument or a valid reply.

Do you tell people who have lost children in a car accident that you should still be allowed to drive?

I know you won't get the analogy because you lack some ability to think.

Were those loved ones quarantined? How would quarantining everyone else have saved them?

P.S. Why don't you tell that to millions of Americans who have lost their livelihoods because of your hysteria?

Last edited:
Agree with the OP.

I am old and have underlying conditions. So, my Honey and I have stayed at home; had our groceries delivered; etc.

Have not seen children and grandchildren in about two months---get videos instead---but would rather miss them for now than see their lives and futures ruined by a ridiculous totalitarian policy that at most should be in place in rotting festering cities like New York.

The old and sick people should stay home (which they by and large do anyway) and the young and healthy should go to work during the week and to the beaches, golf courses etc. on the week-end.

It appears to me that there is a little Bolshevik hiding in every Democrat---and TDS is causing the little Bolshevik to grow. Very dangerous.

I wonder if you even understand that your appeal to 'grief' from faceless people in an attempt to 'virtue signal' isn't actually an argument or a valid reply.

Do you tell people who have lost children in a car accident that you should still be allowed to drive?

I know you won't get the analogy because you lack some ability to think.
Your skidmark lied, people died.

The current Covid-19 "protective" measures seem to be the culmination of a decades-long trend of catering to the demands of the few at the expense of the many. It may have started with Title IX in 1972, which required equal participation in college sports, even though it led to the closure of many men's sports to achieve "parity."
This was followed by the ADA in 1990, which required expensive retrofitting of millions of businesses so that a person in a wheelchair could roll up a ramp, unassisted, into every single public establishment in the U.S. After that many states have required transgender bathroom facilities and allowed biological males to compete in female sports, both of which gave preference to the demands of a few over the interests of many (esp. women).

The latest and greatest iteration of these lopsided policies has been the lock down of our entire population as a precaution against infecting the relatively few who are at serious risk of death from Covid-19. The changing justifications for this extreme action, from preventing millions of deaths to saving our health systems from imminent collapse, have all proven (predictably) false. Why have we endangered our entire economy by quarantining everyone instead of those who are known to have particular susceptibility to this virus?

When are we going to stop this march to the sea of special interest madness??
And imagine how inconvenient washing hands is too!

Were those loved ones quarantined? How would quarantining everyone else have saved them?

P.S. Why don't you tell that to millions of Americans who have lost their livelihoods because of your hysteria?
Losing a job vs. Losing a life......only people like you pick the job.

Agree with the OP.

I am old and have underlying conditions. So, my Honey and I have stayed at home; had our groceries delivered; etc.

Have not seen children and grandchildren in about two months---get videos instead---but would rather miss them for now than see their lives and futures ruined by a ridiculous totalitarian policy that at most should be in place in rotting festering cities like New York.

The old and sick people should stay home (which they by and large do anyway) and the young and healthy should go to work during the week and to the beaches, golf courses etc. on the week-end.

It appears to me that there is a little Bolshevik hiding in every Democrat---and TDS is causing the little Bolshevik to grow. Very dangerous.
I warned you about voting for a capitalist racketeer and now you pay the price. I also warned you to get out of the market when it was at 29, did you do that?

Forum List

Back