COVID-19 is killing more Republicans than Democrats

That seems to be the hope of the democrat establishment anyway. The elderly usually turn conservative in their advancing age and Andy Cuomo managed to kill off about 10,000 with an executive order. The Biden administration has been secretly planting diseased illegals in neighborhoods in Florida where the population is mostly elderly and that has been a relatively successful for democrats too.

Covid-19 is now disproportionately killing people in red states and red counties in blue states, and the GOP could lose enough voters to cost them in elections for years to come.

Conservative media is killing Republican voters the party can ill afford to lose

From the article:

The coronavirus pandemic now has a heavy partisan bias.

COVID-19 hasn't disappeared in blue states like California and New York. But places that have managed to surpass 65 percent vaccination are in a better position than red states like West Virginia, Idaho, or Wyoming, where hospitals are overrun with unvaccinated COVID-19 patients. (Idaho's COVID death rate last week, for example, was seven times that of New York state.) Even at the county level, as David Leonhardt shows at The New York Times, there's a marked partisan bias: Republican counties in blue states have vastly more cases and deaths on average, while Democratic counties in red states are faring better than their neighbors.

A primary reason for this disparity is how right-wing media has come out hard against COVID vaccines. From pundits on Fox News to the gutters of Trumpist Facebook, anti-vaccine misinformation is everywhere. As a result, vaccination rates are starkly partisan. Many Republicans aren't getting vaccinated, and a lot of them are dying. Rejecting the vaccines is costing the GOP votes it can ill afford to lose.

Thus far, pandemic deaths have been fairly evenly spread, because COVID-19 hit blue states like New York and New Jersey early. Now conservative Mississippi has shot to the top of the state death rankings, with Louisiana and Alabama not far behind. Biden's 2020 margin of victory in the three key states of Wisconsin, Arizona, and Georgia combined was only about 44,000 votes. Something like 53,000 people have already died in those three states — and it seems safe to assume the people dying there and in other swing states are disproportionately Republicans.

Here another article on the subject:

Red COVID? Coronavirus deaths are highest in counties with the largest share of Trump voters: report

From the article:

In counties where former President Donald Trump received at least 70% of the vote in the 2020 presidential election, COVID-19 has killed about 47 out of every 100,000 people since the end of June, health care analyst Charles Gaba tells the New York Times. But in counties where Trump won less than 32% of the vote, the number is a fraction of that — about 10 out of 100,000.

The Times report featured in its morning newsletter on Monday also referred to a recent Pew Research Center poll looking at the political divide in vaccination rates, which found that 86% of Democratic voters had received at least one shot, compared with 60% of Republican voters.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that as the delta variant surged in early summer, those who were unvaccinated were more than 10 times more likely than the fully vaccinated people to be hospitalized, and 11 times more likely to die.

And here's a chart comparing COVID deaths from counties Trump won by over 70% to counties Trump won less than 32% of the vote:

Dark Star Scream?
What are you,12 maybe?

I wouldn’t call it a mistake. I definitely think it’s interesting to see their behavior.

You’ll find that they’re very emotional and very easily agitated.

I was just hoping for a civil discourse. I'm still shaken by the COVID death of someone I've known for 10 years, and so frustrated/saddened/angry that she died this horrible death when it was likely entirely preventable had she been vaccinated. I feel bad for my daughter's bff, who lost her mother at 14. I can't even imagine. All because Tucker Carlson successfully did his job and soured her against the vaccine.

So many angry people on here. Civil discourse is impossible when some people are so brainwashed they can't listen to the experts on this.

Your obsession is cute. 99.4% survival rate. Let people make their own choices. Govt mandates just create a slippery slope.

My co-worker lost both of her parents to COVID. Both unvaccinated. Your "survival rate" stats mean nothing when you're the one who loses a loved one.

Like I said, I'm so glad both of my conservative parents, in their 70s, are smart enough to get fully vaccinated.

I was just hoping for a civil discourse. I'm still shaken by the COVID death of someone I've known for 10 years, and so frustrated/saddened/angry that she died this horrible death when it was likely entirely preventable had she been vaccinated. I feel bad for my daughter's bff, who lost her mother at 14. I can't even imagine. All because Tucker Carlson successfully did his job and soured her against the vaccine.

So many angry people on here. Civil discourse is impossible when some people are so brainwashed they can't listen to the experts on this.
And did you share this story because you thought you'd find a therapist here?

Your crocodile tears aren't fooling anyone, bub. You're delighted that a rightwing unvaxxed person died.

Hell no. It saddens me greatly. She was a friend. And so young.

But if you won't believe CDC stats, over 740,000 dead due to COVID, with over 2000 dead just yesterday, and more than 90% of those dying being unvaccinated, and ERs overwhelmed with unvaccinated patients, and every living former President and every Governor (R and D) vaccinated, and FDA approval, and mask mandates... maybe you'll care if affects your poll numbers?

What would it take for you to protect yourself with a vaccine, and encourage others to do the same? How many have to die before you acknowledge COVID is something we should all take immediate action to protect ourselves from? A million Americans dead? Two million?

Hell no. It saddens me greatly. She was a friend. And so young.

But if you won't believe CDC stats, over 740,000 dead due to COVID, with over 2000 dead just yesterday, and more than 90% of those dying being unvaccinated, and ERs overwhelmed with unvaccinated patients, and every living former President and every Governor (R and D) vaccinated, and FDA approval, and mask mandates... maybe you'll care if affects your poll numbers?

What would it take for you to protect yourself with a vaccine, and encourage others to do the same? How many have to die before you acknowledge COVID is something we should all take immediate action to protect ourselves from? A million Americans dead? Two million?

No I dont believe the Center for Democrat Control.

New Topics

Forum List

Back