Covid-19 is a formidable foe

View attachment 341231

I wonder of space aliens transported it to earth by UFO to wipe out humans?? ... :cool:
I think you may be missing the whole point of efforts to flatten the curve. The virus is eventually going to infect damn near everyone. We just don't want so many people sick at the same time that it overwhelms our hospitals.

And yes, flattening the curve necessarily means lengthening it. Prolonging it.
UM. Does that mean all the people laid off from the hospitals will need to go back to work ?
Sooner or later. But the thing is, we don't want to expose all of them to the possibility of becoming sick at once. We need to have a reserve of medical professionals. Some of them need to stand down and stay home right now in case the ones on the front line get wasted.
why can't they go back to work in non covid areas? They are allowing hospitals to work on elective surgeries now
As you've pointed out, they can in some places. However this is not a one size fits all situation. Different localities need to make prudent choices depending on local circumstances. The prudent way forward for NYC is not necessarily prudent for Fargo ND or Bumfuck Egypt.

We just need to watch out for power hungry 'never let a crisis go to waste' authoritarian Democrats using this pandemic as an excuse to go all out Hitleresque/Stalinesque putting their sadistic jackboots on the neck of the population to trample our hard-won civil rights into oblivion.

Last edited:
You are exactly the reason I believe we will have between 500,000 and 1,000,000 deaths by this time next year.
And I would add to that, that many deaths in the USA alone is certainly possible.

Sure we need to open up our economy, but that doesn't mean we have to get complacent and eschew common-sense containment and mitigation measures.

Last edited:
View attachment 341231

I wonder of space aliens transported it to earth by UFO to wipe out humans?? ... :cool:
I think you may be missing the whole point of efforts to flatten the curve. The virus is eventually going to infect damn near everyone. We just don't want so many people sick at the same time that it overwhelms our hospitals.

UM. Does that mean all the people laid off from the hospitals will need to go back to work ?
Sooner or later. But the thing is, we don't want to expose all of them to the possibility of becoming sick at once. We need to have a reserve of medical professionals. Some of them need to stand down and stay home right now in case the ones on the front line get wasted.
why can't they go back to work in non covid areas? They are allowing hospitals to work on elective surgeries now
Just yesterday I became the victim of a lack of doctors to do, in my case, a stress test. I'll be waiting another week, minimum, before I get it and that's against my personal doctors wishes. So it really is true about unintended consequences being potentially as bad or worse than COVID 19. But now, I'm going golfing. I remember when our asshole governor, Wolf, shut that down for over a month too.

View attachment 341231

Absolute BS, remember the lockdown was to flatten the curve, it was supposed to last two weeks so hospitals were not over burdened with patients. That time has come and gone, If they try another House Arrest Americans will not put up with it. What was George Bush's famous statement 'Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." not buying in a second time
You are exactly the reason I believe we will have between 500,000 and 1,000,000 deaths by this time next year. It seems very likely that the 2nd wave will hit by the fall, maybe a lot sooner with so many people determine to live life as before the virus. Unlike the first wave when there were only a few hundred known cases, today there are nearly a million active cases capable of spreading the virus plus all those that are asymptomatic we don't know about.

And when the 2nd wave hits, you can bet the nation is not going to be near as supportive of the lock down and closing of businesses and schools as they were in March. I expect the huge number of cases and deaths will convince a large segment of the population that the spread is inevitable and unstoppable so why try which will only make the situation even worse. The 2 million death estimate that is so widely ridiculed might turn out to be very accurate if not a low figure.
When the government screams the sky is falling and shuts down every thing and put Americans under house arrest for no apparent reason, You cannot blame any thing but the over reaction of the government if there is a second wave and people ignore it.
Government can not effective enforce shutdowns and lock downs unless most of the people support it, and that's not going to happen if there is a 2nd wave. Even in totalitarian countries like China they can not effectively do it. In the US where government is ruled by politicians whose job depends on voters, they will agree with both sides, "Open it up" and "Shut it down". It will probably take at least two years but we will bumble our way through it with far more deaths and even greater economic damage than people image today but it will slowly peter out. That's usually how massive pandemic end. They come in like a lion and out like lamb.

Last edited:
You are exactly the reason I believe we will have between 500,000 and 1,000,000 deaths by this time next year.
And I would add to that, that many deaths in the USA alone is certainly possible.

Sure we need to open up our economy, but that doesn't mean we have to get complacent and eschew common-sense containment and mitigation measures.
When it's a choice between economic survival and physical survival, people don't make common sense choices.

Forum List

Back