Court rules Heathrow expansion illegal - doesnt respect Paris agreements

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Heathrow third runway ruled illegal over climate change

Plans for a third runway at Heathrow airport have been ruled illegal by the court of appeal because ministers did not adequately take into account the government’s climate change commitments.

The ruling is a major blow to the project at a time when public concern about the climate emergency is rising fast and the government has set a target in law of net zero emissions by 2050. The prime minister, Boris Johnson, could use the ruling to abandon the project, or the government could draw up a new policy document to approve the runway.

Good news all round. The wretched project should have been axed years ago.

Plans for a third runway at Heathrow airport have been ruled illegal by the court of appeal because ministers did not adequately take into account the government’s climate change commitments.

The ruling is a major blow to the project at a time when public concern about the climate emergency is rising fast and the government has set a target in law of net zero emissions by 2050. The prime minister, Boris Johnson, could use the ruling to abandon the project, or the government could draw up a new policy document to approve the runway.

So, it means that the airport won't be able to widen its capacity. Additional flights will be headed to other airports and the impact on climate won't change overall, because other cities will polute the air and get money of that.

Did I get something wrong?

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Fuck the Paris Agreement! So great Trump told them to Fuck off!

So, it means that the airport won't be able to widen its capacity. Additional flights will be headed to other airports and the impact on climate won't change overall, because other cities will polute the air and get money of that.

You assume that other airports have the capacity to take the long haul flights. Neither of the alternatives have that capacity.

You assume that other airports have the capacity to take the long haul flights. Neither of the alternatives have that capacity.
What do you mean? Amsterdam, Brussels or Paris can't handle these flights?

I dont know. Certainly none in the UK. Those countries are way more advanced than we are. I think it would be a struggle to increase capacity by an appreciable amount.

I dont know. Certainly none in the UK. Those countries are way more advanced than we are. I think it would be a struggle to increase capacity by an appreciable amount.
In what way are they more advanced?

On

Heathrow is on the top of my most hated airports list. Let's just say it's the most hated in Europe and is about equal with O'hare the most hated in America. I'd be happy to never ever see either one again.

That's great!!!

A new runway would have increased global temps in 2100 by 0.00000000001 degrees.

We're saved.

Most governments are more advanced than the current UK government. They rank just behind the US .

Most governments are more advanced than the current UK government. They rank just behind the US .
Advanced in what? You can't say they are more advanced because they are more advanced. There should be some criteria. What criteria is used?

Forum List

Back