County Clerks Refuse To Issue Driver's Licences to Illegals

red states rule

May 30, 2006
29 County Clerks - 28 Republican and one Democrat - have said they will NOT issue driver licenses to illegals in NY when a new law which permits it

BRAVO to all of them. This law is insane

Defiant county clerks blast driver's license policy change

Joseph Spector
Albany bureau

Post Comment

(October 5, 2007) — ALBANY — County clerks from across New York came out Thursday against Gov. Eliot Spitzer's policy to allow illegal immigrants to obtain driver's licenses, with some clerks vowing to turn their backs on the governor's directive.

Twenty-nine clerks, all but one a Republican, voted in favor of a resolution to oppose the Democratic governor's recent policy change to allow illegal immigrants to obtain driver's licenses without having Social Security numbers.

And 13 of those — including from Monroe, Putnam and Greene counties — pledged to disobey the governor, even if they are ordered to follow the policy.

The clerks warned that the new policy could fuel terrorism and overburden their offices' ability to determine who is in the state legally.

At one point, Monroe County Clerk Cheryl Dinolfo got up and asked the state to rescind the policy.

"What we are doing here is legitimizing illegal behavior," she said. "And I find it wrong."

The county clerks from Genesee, Livingston, Steuben, Wayne and Yates counties were among the other clerks objecting to the policy.

"This is not the right time" for the policy, said Putnam County Clerk Dennis Sant. "We're in war and we're at war with terrorists that came in here and attacked our state and the greatest city in the world, and we've got to put a stop on this."

Spitzer's policy has increasingly come under fire from Republicans and county clerks after he announced it last month. Assembly Republicans are threatening to go to court to stop the policy, while Senate Republicans plan to pass legislation to thwart the plan.

for the complete article

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071005/NEWS01/710050375

29 County Clerks - 28 Republican and one Democrat - have said they will NOT issue driver licenses to illegals in NY when a new law which permits it

BRAVO to all of them. This law is insane

Defiant county clerks blast driver's license policy change

Joseph Spector
Albany bureau

Post Comment

(October 5, 2007) — ALBANY — County clerks from across New York came out Thursday against Gov. Eliot Spitzer's policy to allow illegal immigrants to obtain driver's licenses, with some clerks vowing to turn their backs on the governor's directive.

Twenty-nine clerks, all but one a Republican, voted in favor of a resolution to oppose the Democratic governor's recent policy change to allow illegal immigrants to obtain driver's licenses without having Social Security numbers.

And 13 of those — including from Monroe, Putnam and Greene counties — pledged to disobey the governor, even if they are ordered to follow the policy.

The clerks warned that the new policy could fuel terrorism and overburden their offices' ability to determine who is in the state legally.

At one point, Monroe County Clerk Cheryl Dinolfo got up and asked the state to rescind the policy.

"What we are doing here is legitimizing illegal behavior," she said. "And I find it wrong."

The county clerks from Genesee, Livingston, Steuben, Wayne and Yates counties were among the other clerks objecting to the policy.

"This is not the right time" for the policy, said Putnam County Clerk Dennis Sant. "We're in war and we're at war with terrorists that came in here and attacked our state and the greatest city in the world, and we've got to put a stop on this."

Spitzer's policy has increasingly come under fire from Republicans and county clerks after he announced it last month. Assembly Republicans are threatening to go to court to stop the policy, while Senate Republicans plan to pass legislation to thwart the plan.

for the complete article

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071005/NEWS01/710050375

I wonder who's pulling Gov. Eliot Spitzer's strings?..... Hillary maybe!

I agree.

Illegals should not get drivers licenses.

I wonder if La migra works in tandem with state ID authorities to find cased of ID theft and fake ID.

I agree.

Illegals should not get drivers licenses.

I wonder if La migra works in tandem with state ID authorities to find cased of ID theft and fake ID.

Shogun, this is like the third time in a week we agree on something. This is starting to scare me

Im telling you, dude...

It's not scary when we don't wrap ourselves up in partisanship. That was the poison of 04 and it would be nice to see that kind of shit flake off a bit this time around.

Im telling you, dude...

It's not scary when we don't wrap ourselves up in partisanship. That was the poison of 04 and it would be nice to see that kind of shit flake off a bit this time around.

I am not sure it will last when you see the thread of the Dems "poor" kid they used in their radio address

But so far we have had a civil debate and that is a good thing

hehehe...

I am under no allusion that we will agree on everything!

It's possible to disagree like gentleman, RSR. You know i've railed against your psots before and you've probably seen me as just another lefty troll. It's late 2007. I think America would be stronger if we don't have another vitriolic election season, eh?

By showing you an example of someone on the left who can agree with you on typically righty issues I am hoping to break down some of the automatic generalizations.

I've always wondered why we should trust someone who probably can't speak engrish to understand road signs anyway.

hehehe...

I am under no allusion that we will agree on everything!

It's possible to disagree like gentleman, RSR. You know i've railed against your psots before and you've probably seen me as just another lefty troll. It's late 2007. I think America would be stronger if we don't have another vitriolic election season, eh?

By showing you an example of someone on the left who can agree with you on typically righty issues I am hoping to break down some of the automatic generalizations.

I've always wondered why we should trust someone who probably can't speak engrish to understand road signs anyway.

I believe some Dems (and some Republicans) see them as an untapped voting block

Within a year you will hear someone saying "since they are already here, they should have a say about the government. They shoudl be allowed to vote in our elections"

Good. Illegals immigrants should have no access to the benefits of our social infrastructure.

We know that - when will the open borders crowd know it? Some in both parties see them as the new voting block that will keep them in power

I believe some Dems (and some Republicans) see them as an untapped voting block

Within a year you will hear someone saying "since they are already here, they should have a say about the government. They shoudl be allowed to vote in our elections"
BINGO! That is what this is really about, not "bringing them out of the shadows to let everyone be aware that they are illegals" *

*Spitzer quote

Wanting to give D.L.'s to illegal "ALIENS" is pure, liberal left lunacy. I mean I'm listening. Hey Shitzer... give me ONE DAMN GOOD FUCKING REASON WHY???!!!

This type of behavior should be punished. The man should face impeachment and prison for high treason.

Forum List

Back