Coultergeist Voting Case To Go To Prosecutors

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
RAFLMAO!! The very moral Coultergeist wouldn't cooperate... sooooooooooooo :laugh:

Coulter Voting Case to Prosecutors?
By BRIAN SKOLOFF 11.01.06, 3:18 PM ET

Conservative columnist Ann Coulter has refused to cooperate in an investigation into whether she voted in the wrong precinct, so the case will probably be turned over to prosecutors, Palm Beach County's elections chief said Wednesday.

Elections Supervisor Arthur Anderson said his office has been looking into the matter for nearly nine months, and he would turn over the case to the state attorney's office by Friday.

Coulter's attorney did not immediately return a call Wednesday. Nor did her publicist at her publisher, Crown Publishing.

Knowingly voting in the wrong precinct is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison.

Anderson's office received a complaint in February that Coulter voted in the wrong precinct during a Feb. 7 Palm (nasdaq: PALM - news - people ) Beach town council election.

Anderson said a letter was sent to Coulter on March 27 requesting that she clarify her address for the voting records "or face the possibility of her voter registration being rescinded." Three more letters were sent to Coulter and her attorney, but she has yet to respond with the information requested, Anderson said.

In July, Anderson said, he received a letter from Coulter's attorney, Marcos Daniel Jimenez D'Clouet. The letter said the attorney would only discuss the matter in person or by telephone because, he complained, Anderson had given details to the media. Anderson said the matter had to be discussed in writing.

http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/ap/2006/11/01/ap3137914.html

So it's ok for someone to commit a felony if they're a right-wing psychopath?

Is it right to prosecute a "right-wing psychopath" and ignore the numerous liberals who commit voter fraud?

Let's see some evidence before you crucify her.

Is it right to prosecute a "right-wing psychopath" and ignore the numerous liberals who commit voter fraud?

Let's see some evidence before you crucify her.

Crucify? You see her as Christlike? I see her as the opposite. And she lied about where she lived, apparently. But I find it more amusing that the very moral *ahem* Coulter-thingy won't cooperate with authorities.

I figure she's entitled to the same presumption of innocence she gives to others.... meaning not at all. So I'm okay with it. :thewave:

So it's ok for someone to commit a felony if they're a right-wing psychopath?

I see. So you have evidence which proves that Ann Coulter KNOWINGLY voted in the wrong precinct?

Even more ridiculous .... voting in the wrong precinct is a felony? Does it get any dumber than THAT?

It's supposed to make you forget about what Kerry said. I take it you weren't appalled or outraged ???:cof:

No, I really don't know what John Kerry said because he's a lying idiot and I don't pay any attention. From what I have gathered through other conversations, he just stuck his foot in his mouth again. I hate reruns.:dev3:

I see. So you have evidence which proves that Ann Coulter KNOWINGLY voted in the wrong precinct?

Even more ridiculous .... voting in the wrong precinct is a felony? Does it get any dumber than THAT?

I don't.... apparently THEY do. And it's not "voting in the wrong precinct". It's falsifying one's address TO vote in the wrong precinct. And yes, it's a felony.

You think we get to pick and choose the laws we comply with? Or is that privilege only for right-wing toons like Annie baby?

Crucify? You see her as Christlike? I see her as the opposite. And she lied about where she lived, apparently. But I find it more amusing that the very moral *ahem* Coulter-thingy won't cooperate with authorities.

I figure she's entitled to the same presumption of innocence she gives to others.... meaning not at all. So I'm okay with it. :thewave:

Crucification was a form of Roman punishment. It had nothing to do with Christ beyond the fact that he was crucified.

Why should Coulter cooperate? So a hostile media can pounce on her every move and blow it out of proportion much as you attempt to do whenever her name comes up?

Someone else doing something wrong doesn't make you right for doing the same.

I don't.... apparently THEY do. And it's not "voting in the wrong precinct". It's falsifying one's address TO vote in the wrong precinct. And yes, it's a felony.

It's stupid. And if they have evidence, why no arrest?

You think we get to pick and choose the laws we comply with? Or is that privilege only for right-wing toons like Annie baby?

GMAFB. YOU pick and choose which laws you live by, so don't EVEN try that sanctimonious shit with me. You're quite willing to forgive the transgressions of your left-wingnut cronies while being intolerant of those on the right. Hypocrite.

LOL..
All those lovely liberals who were busted last election, for slitting tires on 40 vans, destruction of office property, ect, ect.........

They only got a slap on the wrist.......

But now their going to put someone in jail for five yrs, for possibly voting in the wrong precinct...
They've been investigating this FOR NINE MONTHS....
Alright...........I do believe we have the Dems. OCOTBOR SURPRISE...:laugh:

Take a look where this is happening.....Think Rush Limbaugh...Same place...:tdown2:

Crucification was a form of Roman punishment. It had nothing to do with Christ beyond the fact that he was crucified.

Why should Coulter cooperate? So a hostile media can pounce on her every move and blow it out of proportion much as you attempt to do whenever her name comes up?

Someone else doing something wrong doesn't make you right for doing the same.

You're right, of course, as far as crucifixion goes. I was being glib.

Why shouldn't Coultergeist cooperate? She has nothing to hide, right? Kind of like the NSA getting our phone records.

Presumption of innocence? Like the people in Gitmo?

Funny how you guys always want us to take the high road while the right wing extremists like Coulter slither on their bellies. What were you saying about hypocrites?

I figure people deserve to be treated the way they treat others.

And what "transgressions" do we accept? A blowjob between two consenting adults? I wouldn't have wanted to be married to the guy, but in terms of the political I could have given a rats patoot. When a dem breaks the law, they should be prosecuted, too.... just like Alan Hevesi is going to be out on his butt for misusing NYS funds.... he f'd up... and his career is going to be (deservedly) done for it. What republican pol do you acknowledge broke the law and should be prosecuted? I'm betting not a single one.

See.... I don't much like witch hunts, either.

FWIW, I know of a democratic politician who was prosecuted three or four times for the same thing Annie did.... there were three hung juries. On the fourth trial, the pol went to jail. Stuff happens. :p:

last i checked you are not required to testify or incriminate yourself......also you have to prove she knew she voted in the wrong place

But....but.... if she did nothing wrong, why shouldn't she cooperate? ;)

I'd say using her realtors address is pretty clear evidence she knew she was using the wrong place? You put your realtors addy on your voter registration?

Its more than likely a felony as a matter of public policy to avoid voter fraud. By making it a felony it prevents anyone fradualently voting from voting again. Makes sense to me. you dont want people who are going to cheat voting.

Can any logical person presume someone is innocent until proven guilty when captured on the field of battle?

We are talking about the criminal system not the capture of enemy combatants. pretty obvious differences. one is captured while engaging in acts fo war against the state, the other is being investigated for a crime.

You're right, of course, as far as crucifixion goes. I was being glib.

Why shouldn't Coultergeist cooperate? She has nothing to hide, right? Kind of like the NSA getting our phone records.

Presumption of innocence? Like the people in Gitmo?

Prisoners of war are not presumed innocent ... they are presumed guilty. Not even a good try.

Funny how you guys always want us to take the high road while the right wing extremists like Coulter slither on their bellies. What were you saying about hypocrites?

I called YOU a hypocrite because you have proven yourself time and again to be one. I would say the EXACT same thing if it was David Letterman. It's petty bullshit.

AND I don't presume liberals guilty of a law violation without evidence or conviction.

I figure people deserve to be treated the way they treat others.

Leviticus, huh?

And what "transgressions" do we accept? A blowjob between two consenting adults? I wouldn't have wanted to be married to the guy, but in terms of the political I could have given a rats patoot.

Except that if nothing else, adultery WAS a felony crime in DC at the time of said transgression.
See.... I don't much like witch hunts, either.

FWIW, I know of a democratic politician who was prosecuted three or four times for the same thing Annie did.... there were three hung juries. On the fourth trial, the pol went to jail. Stuff happens. :p:

Where you make your first mistake is assuming I am a fan of Ann Coulter and wish to give her a free ride simply because she is conservative. I don't really care for her one way or the other.

I just notice whenever a conservative is accused of anything, or even hinted at in the media, you and the usual cast of suspects is here within minutes to demand heads roll and sensationalize something that's usually just as stupid as this one.

NOW all of a sudden you want to enforce law and have some morals about it. Rather selective in your application though, that's for sure.

Can any logical person presume someone is innocent until proven guilty when captured on the field of battle?

We are talking about the criminal system not the capture of enemy combatants. pretty obvious differences. one is captured while engaging in acts fo war against the state, the other is being investigated for a crime.

Just an attempt to appeal to the emotions of the ignnorant. POWs are presumed guilty in the sense that they were waging war against the US and are incarcerated usually for the duration of the war.

Forum List

Back