Couldn't Help Myself...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
I wasn't shopping for one, but I always have my eyes peeled for a good deal, and this one showed up:

245959781_10208380405983932_4529318218818220267_n.jpg

It's a 1971 Datsun 240Z. It's in drop dead mint condition with only 9K on the clock. Not sure if I'll keep it or flip it at Mecum next month, but these cars, in this condition, can pull in some serious change...

I wasn't shopping for one, but I always have my eyes peeled for a good deal, and this one showed up:

View attachment 577749

It's a 1971 Datsun 240Z. It's in drop dead mint condition with only 9K on the clock. Not sure if I'll keep it or flip it at Mecum next month, but these cars, in this condition, can pull in some serious change...
/----/ I question the 9,000 miles in 50 years. Even 109,000 is a stretch, or it's been rolled back, or a new odomoter.

View attachment 577749

Nice car. Did it come with a spare key to wind it up? :laughing0301:

Yes, but the 240Z is a pure drivers car. The 280 weighs too much.
Yep. It drove great. I was dumb enough to let my daughter get one as a first car. Ran great, drove great, really good on curvy roads, until she lost it, flipped it, totalled it and broker her friggin neck. Great doctors stabilized and put her back together. She made out like a bandit on car insurance, making a hefty profit, having it only 6 months. I put her in a ugly, squatty, underpowered, shitbox for her next car, which she totaled, also, again making a profit, but without hospital time.

/—-/ Good news for you, but sad someone would buy a sports car and hardly drive it. What’s the point?

A couple of years ago a 1954 Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing was found in a storage unit. The 300SL Gullwing is widely regarded as the world's first true sports car. It was in ridiculously rough condition, but it was also 100% original. As it sits in this photo, the value was placed on it, by Mercedes Benz solidly in the seven figures:

gullwing1.jpg

Mercedes Benz acquired the car from the owners for $2.8 million. It was flown back to Germany where it will be made operable, but it will not be restored. What you're looking at in this photo is the last all original 1954 Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing known to exist. It has just 35K on the odometer...

View attachment 577749

Very nice. Always loved those, well still do. Cool color too. 9K wow!

A couple of years ago a 1954 Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing was found in a storage unit. The 300SL Gullwing is widely regarded as the world's first true sports car. It was in ridiculously rough condition, but it was also 100% original. As it sits in this photo, the value was placed on it, by Mercedes Benz solidly in the seven figures:

gullwing1.jpg

Mercedes Benz acquired the car from the owners for $2.8 million. It was flown back to Germany where it will be made operable, but it will not be restored. What you're looking at in this photo is the last all original 1954 Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing known to exist. It has just 35K on the odometer...

I think that's the one that Wayne Carinni dredged up a while back.

gullwing1.jpg

/——/ Beautiful car but not the “first truly sports car” in the world. Stutz and Duesenberg come to mind.

Forum List

Back