Could you tell me what you think about petticoat junction?

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Hello, i collect American serie from the 60's and 70's what about this serie petticoat junction is it a good one ? and i can't found and buy the complete serie on line i did not found it could someone give me a hand ?

Thank you

Hello, i collect American serie from the 60's and 70's what about this serie petticoat junction is it a good one ? and i can't found and buy the complete serie on line i did not found it could someone give me a hand ?

Thank you

My favorite character on that show was Arnold Ziffel. Unfortunately, he later died in a horrible meat processing plant accident.

RIP Arnold.

Petticoat Junction series for sale | eBay

Thank you
It was Paul Hennings' least best show, in my opinion. His two fish-out-of-water sitcoms, Beverly Hillbillies and Green Acres, were far superior.

Honestly, without the girls in the water tank in the opening, I doubt it would have had many viewers.

My favorite character on that show was Arnold Ziffel. Unfortunately, he later died in a horrible meat processing plant accident.

RIP Arnold.

Petticoat Junction series for sale | eBay

Ooops. That was "Green Acres", not "Petticoat Junction." But the two shows were sort of intertwined.

But Arnold's first appearance was in "Petticoat Junction."

Sorry for the mistake, I'll make up for it here...

Last edited:
I don’t know at all about the serie I look by youtube but well I’m not sure it’s like Hazel that I didn’t know at all but that I liked a lot as well as Alice

Dalia, I haven't seen too many episodes of the show. It seemed kind of silly and this was for an 8 or 9 year old. I DID like the theme song. By the way, Arnold Ziffel was a pig!
The pig i did see it in Green Acres from youtube for Petticoat Junction i only found season 1-3 and not the other season

Ok, i will get Green acres , i could not get anyway the complete serie of Petticoat Junction.

Thank you all for yours help

I think Petticoat Junction sucked
Cheap T&A and poor writing

Green Acres was much better satire and aged better

If I was collecting sitcoms from the 60’s , Petticoat Junction would not be one of them
Agree about Green Acres. Well written and Eva Gabor and Eddie Albert were a funny oddball couple. Supporting cast was funny also.

Hey, if is like Archie Bunker that is fine with me.;)

Prophetic, but not in the way the producers intended. They even turned Archie into a mean character in the last seasons because he was getting too popular. This type of media manipulation has been going on ever since the 1960s.

Thank you
Love it! You can still watch it on me TV. It's on real early in the morning. I watch it eating breakfast every now and then. Some one once told me that one of characters on there was murdered by the Manson gang. I never checked to confirm but since seeing this thread I will look it up and report back.

I think Petticoat Junction sucked
Cheap T&A and poor writing

Green Acres was much better satire and aged better

If I was collecting sitcoms from the 60’s , Petticoat Junction would not be one of them
I was busy doing the Ellie May and creamin on Genie. Charlies dolls didn't have shit on those 2,
Even Gilligan had more fun skippin to Maryannes hut.
Sorry Charlie.
03afd1a2d516f9bfccaf397529f47caa.jpg

ss3461549_-_photograph_of_elizabeth_montgomery_as_samantha_stephens_serena__dick_sargent_as_darrin_stephens__from_bewitched_available_in_4_sizes_framed_or_unframed_buy_now_at_starstills__06647.1394501143.jpg

Forum List

Back