Could Trumps court take us back to the 60’s where we belong?

To a time when Americans were likeminded, when we all spoke the same language, when we put God, family and family values first, when a moral order was the law of the land, when children in classrooms spoke openly and proudly about their relationship with God instead of their sexual preferences and pronouns, when foreign invaders were treated like criminals and not assets to America?
All good core Americans owe Trump a big THANKS, not for this ruling on Roe but for what’s to come from this court over the next several decades.
Back to the 60’s we come!
Are you saying with a straight face that you put God first?!

You are a right wing fascist pig. God preaches love yet you fascists express hate for gays, transgenders and uppity women who demand their rights. You do not get to decide what our morals should be. Your morals are un-American.
1656181702901.png

I thought y'all didn't want us having access to military weapons.
Well, a Constitutional 'originalist' would hafta say 'yes.'
The Brown Bess and its like were what the 2nd Amendment was referring to.
NOT to an AR-15 or a Glock-18.
Betcha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
His weakness and cowardice are his alone.

True that. Well said.

Me thinks you watch too much Andy of Mayberry. Most people in early 60s didn't even have air conditioning, TVs took a minute for the tubes to warm up, just to get a mediocre picture on 3 channels, everybody had a kid in their class with braces due to polio, people liked the Democrat President so well, he got shot in Dallas, oh, yeah man, it was a wonderful peaceful time, yeah right. You can keep the 60s. Been there. Done that.

Didn't have air conditioner, lived in the Arkansas heat, and I don't remember it being all that hot.

I'm paying almost $200 a month for cable, internet service, and a land line. And what do we watch the most? The old 1950's and 1960's black & white Gunsmoke episodes.

I don't remember a single person who actually had polio.

It was one of yours, a leftist, who shot Kennedy.

Betcha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

True that. Well said.

Is it?

They had no idea what the Puckle gun was?

They had no clue that the musket would evolve?

Firearms had already evolved from the Blunderbus to the musket.

did they believe it would end there?

Me thinks you watch too much Andy of Mayberry. Most people in early 60s didn't even have air conditioning, TVs took a minute for the tubes to warm up, just to get a mediocre picture on 3 channels, everybody had a kid in their class with braces due to polio, people liked the Democrat President so well, he got shot in Dallas, oh, yeah man, it was a wonderful peaceful time, yeah right. You can keep the 60s. Been there. Done that.
So, $7 gas and no baby formula are a drop in the bucket compared to no air conditioning and a TV that was slow to warm up.

Got it.

So, $7 gas and no baby formula are a drop in the bucket compared to no air conditioning and a TV that was slow to warm up.

Got it.
I would not know, as I filled up both SUV last week Price shown $4.55 but got $0.60 discount for patronage making it $4.95/gal. Plus, I listed in posts here plenty of significant things the lets go back to the goodle days crowd either don't remember or conveniently forget. Who you jivin with that cosmic debris?

I would not know, as I filled up both SUV last week Price shown $4.55 but got $0.60 discount for patronage making it $4.95/gal. Plus, I listed in posts here plenty of significant things the lets go back to the goodle days crowd either don't remember or conveniently forget. Who you jivin with that cosmic debris?

Certainly not someone who is an adult. I can't imagine anyone less relevant than Zappa.

The early 60's would be great!

The late 60's were full of grubby hippies and leftists, though.
Yeah, it was great. You could smoke other peoples' weed, sleep with their women... those were the days. :p

I think that's why the leftard kids are so mad, they missed all that.

Firearms had already evolved from the Blunderbus to the musket.

Well, "originalism" means the way it was when it was considered and decided upon.
Muzzle loaders, and their like, was the 'original' weapon that they need model their Constitutional framework upon.

Lest...what is 'originalism'?

The OP is so far off base. The 60s we're a time of high division and there was nothing about them that is worth remembering. I lived through them. Poverty abounded. Very BAD times in america.

And of course it was illegal to be gay or for interracial marriage

Racism was rampant

The KKK was burning crosses and blowing up churches

Yea… a wonderful time

The CULT is strong
Your numbers are dwindling, as common sense brings some back to recognizing the true facts about lying con man pos trump, but some CULT members will never let go.

When are you CULT members going to pick a CULT name?

KKK is already owned by southern hicks.

Everybody knows the KKK is already taken by the democrats including you. Why do you lie to yourself for everyone to see?

And of course it was illegal to be gay or for interracial marriage

Racism was rampant

The KKK was burning crosses and blowing up churches

Yea… a wonderful time
Yep. And the democrats are still burning things today. Why do you people enjoy arson so much?

I'll admit I am not one to conform but I also see that when I was growing up there was a lot of conformity and now 40 years later when we have less conformity our society starts becoming shittier.

Soon as loving America stops becoming something we push publicly, punishing kids for doing bad things, making kids deal with bullies and life as a kid, stop punishing criminals, taking religion out of the public eye and so on our society started to go down hill.

We need to go back to a time when if you broke a law you were punished, we didn't shield and overly protect children, when common courtesy and manners were important, when everyone spoke English, when having faith in Christianity was something to be proud of, when strength and responsibility were things to be proud of, and when people had pride in America.

We went from a country you had to conform to in order to live here, to now we're a country where everyone wants America to conform to them.

A household of people still have to conform to the rules of the house or else it's chaos. But when you have a house with millions of people in it you need conformity even more so.

Leftism cannot prosper without anger, hate and division. To get back to rational times we must destroy leftism. We could wait it out because leftism will eventually destroy itself but that comes with a lot of pain for a long time.
Unfortunately it will probably be the latter.

Betcha.

True that. Well said.

Do you have any proof or is that what you feeeeeeeeeelllllllllllll ?

This is the first time in its history that the Supreme Court has removed a fundamental right, the right of a woman to make her own decisions regarding her health and well-being.
The Court is imposing its religious view on the American people.
The Court determined that the government is in control of a woman's health when it involves a pregnancy. The woman and her doctor do not decide her fate. The state does.
CNN reports, "Abortion-rights protesters continued to voice their fury and anguish nationwide Saturday following the seismic ruling by the US Supreme Court to eliminate the federal constitutional right to an abortion.

"On Friday, the Court overturned the 1973 ruling known as Roe v. Wade, sparking protests that are expected to extend throughout the weekend.

"Smaller gatherings of people celebrating the ruling are also taking place.

"As states started enacting abortion bans and some clinics stopped offering the procedure, abortion-rights advocates took to the streets in major cities.

"More demonstrations are expected today and Sunday in cities big and small, including in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Illinois, Texas, New Mexico, California, and many others."

Coming on the heels of the Court's decision to expand gun rights in New York after the shooting massacres in Buffalo and New York, the extreme unpopularity of the Supreme Court's religious decision regarding a woman's right to determine her health and well-being destiny has created chaos across our country, and there is no end in sight.

All that makes Justice Samuel Alito's remarks extraordinarily ironic. He said, "Roe was egregiously wrong from the start. Its reasoning was exceptionally weak [from a religious point of view], and the decision has had damaging consequences. And far from bringing about a national settlement of the abortion issue, Roe and Casey have inflamed debate and deepened division.

Incredible! Obviously, Alito is not very cognizant of the world around him. He has lived in the crystal palace far too long.

It was the Supreme Court's decision that fostered "damaging consequences" and "inflamed debate and deepened division!"

At the same time, a former Republican President and the current leader of the Republican Party is being investigated by a Congressional hearing for the alleged crime of leading a coup attempt to overthrow the elected government.

Fostering damaging consequences, inflaming debate, and deepening division are what far-right conservatives do. The proof is in their actions.

These same far-right conservatives expect to win control of Congress in November. As can be seen, if that happens, our country will be in serious trouble.

New Topics

Forum List

Back