Could Trump ever be convicted in a Court of Law?

You do know how a jury works right? If Trump is indicted he will only need 1 to say he's innocent to be aquited. The country consists out of roughly equal supporters and detractors. If you believe that a jury is by definition partial odds are that the jury will have more than 1 Trump supporter. Rightwingers fear makes sense in that context. Yours doesn't.

You seem very concerned that a Trump supporter might make it onto the jury...

But completely unconcerned whether a Trump HATER might make it on...

Seems to me, that you don't even WANT a fair trial, you just want to put your political enemies in prison.

Not being a third-world country, yet. We don't subject our opposition leaders to elaborate, politicially-motivated prosecutions.

That used to be true. But as Trump is being continually "investigated", it seems that the dems are determined to change that.

Republicans in Congress have already shown a willingness to ignore Trumps transgressions no matter how egregious

Is it possible to form a Jury without at least one member who is willing to accept whatever lie Trump is telling?
I also think he could not get an impartial jury because even with no evidence there would be at least one person to vote for a conviction, it cuts both ways.

You seem very concerned that a Trump supporter might make it onto the jury...

But completely unconcerned whether a Trump HATER might make it on...

Seems to me, that you don't even WANT a fair trial, you just want to put your political enemies in prison.
I'm not concerned that a Trump supporter will make it on the jury. That's my whole point. I think that partisanship will not influence any individual jury member.

It is you and rightwinger that fear partisanship. Only difference is that partinship needs to be a reason for judging only once to acquit and 12 times to convict. This makes the fear valid for only one of you. And it is not you.

Republicans in Congress have already shown a willingness to ignore Trumps transgressions no matter how egregious

Is it possible to form a Jury without at least one member who is willing to accept whatever lie Trump is telling?

The problem is that Trump has such fanatics following him, that he might try and get them to cause so many problems to make those prosecuting fear the outcome.
It's beyond dangerous right now.

I'm not concerned that a Trump supporter will make it on the jury. That's my whole point. I think that partisanship will not influence any individual jury member.

It is you and rightwinger that fear partisanship. Only difference is that partinship needs to be a reason for judging only once to acquit and 12 times to convict. This makes the fear valid for only one of you. And it is not you.

I think that there is no limit to the lows that libs will sink to, and I would expect any trial of Trump, for the dems to try to rig it, by, among other things, packing the jury with Trump haters.

Where would you find anyone that has not been exposed to rabidly anti-Trump press?
Not everyone pays close attention to politics. A lot of people want nothing to do with the circus.

But poisoning the jury pool is an interesting strategy. It's the kind of thing that lands people with gag orders while awaiting trial.

And if Trump acted innocent. If he was transparent. If he wouldn't act and behave like he's trying to conceal something, it would all go away.
But that's been his problem his entire life. Instead of openly admitting his mistakes and asking for forgiveness, he tries to bully, bluster, and litigate his way out.

You know the old saying, Where there's smoke.....:)

He's been more transparent than any POTUS before and especially after him.

DURRRRRR

Not everyone pays close attention to politics. A lot of people want nothing to do with the circus.

But poisoning the jury pool is an interesting strategy. It's the kind of thing that lands people with gag orders while awaiting trial.
So do you believe it needs to be changed for Trump if he were to go on trial?

So, you get some party girl on the jury, as she said, she didn't pay attention to politics. But, she did hear, how Trump said that nazis were "very fine people". So, she's hostile.

So, no fair trial.

And the jury pool is ALREADY TAINTED. The press has been talkings shit on trump non-stop for years. You could gag the whole world, and the damage is already done.

Hate to be cynical but the wealthy often break laws the working class would be in jail for.

'Trump and his business violated state criminal laws and “plausibly” broke federal laws as well. Her office, which lacks authority to file criminal charges in this case, referred the findings to federal prosecutors in Manhattan. ' NYT

But the thing that amazes me is how he still has a cult following. This YouTube is off topic but gives a sense of the man and his complete dishonesty. Americans didn't vote in 2016 and America lost - most thought the buffoon couldn't win- thankfully they voted in 2020.

'RECAP: Trump holds DERANGED RALLY in Michigan before TINY crowd'

So, you get some party girl on the jury, as she said, she didn't pay attention to politics. But, she did hear, how Trump said that nazis were "very fine people". So, she's hostile.

So, no fair trial.

And the jury pool is ALREADY TAINTED. The press has been talkings shit on trump non-stop for years. You could gag the whole world, and the damage is already done.
A jury trial does not mean that you've never heard of the person or the case. It means you haven't prejudged the case.

And taint goes both ways. If someone ever heard Trump say the FBI tapped his wires, they'd be hostile to the DoJ, by the same logic. Good thing it doesn't really apply.

Sorry, but you don't get to commit crimes just because people know who you are.

But the thing that amazes me is how he still has a cult following.

Right here is where you signal that you are not a serious person. Trump has a strong base of political support, for valid political reasons.

That you need to spin it otherwise, is you being an ass.

A jury trial does not mean that you've never heard of the person or the case. It means you haven't prejudged the case.

And taint goes both ways. If someone ever heard Trump say the FBI tapped his wires, they'd be hostile to the DoJ, by the same logic. Good thing it doesn't really apply.

Sorry, but you don't get to commit crimes just because people know who you are.

1. I've already discussed the Pro Trump juror possibility.

2. My point stands. Too much highly charged reporting on Trump. The entire potential jury pool has been tainted.

3. Sorry, but I don't see how Trump could have a fair trail in this country. That's a fact that needs to be dealth with, if there is any attempt by you people to stage a trial.

1. I've already discussed the Pro Trump juror possibility.

2. My point stands. Too much highly charged reporting on Trump. The entire potential jury pool has been tainted.

3. Sorry, but I don't see how Trump could have a fair trail in this country. That's a fact that needs to be dealth with, if there is any attempt by you people to stage a trial.
You deal with it by finding people who say they haven't pre-judged Trump and can weigh the evidence objectively.

The same way we deal with every jury selection.

I also think he could not get an impartial jury because even with no evidence there would be at least one person to vote for a conviction, it cuts both ways.

You don’t understand juries
It takes all jurors to gain a conviction
Only one to hang a jury

You deal with it by finding people who say they haven't pre-judged Trump and can weigh the evidence objectively.

The same way we deal with every jury selection.

So you admit that you WANT a jury of liars?

1665666740091.png

LOL. No. He hasn't. Ronald Reagan was more transparent than Trump...sheesh, the cult is STRONG! :auiqs.jpg:
It's true, both Reagan and Trump were very transparent admins.....unlike the Stalinist regimes of the Obama and Xiden regimes that did everything in secret.

Forum List

Back