Could The Trinity Doctrine Be Wrong?

Speaking in Tongues--Glossolalia. Pentecostals engage in that more than do Catholics. I think a lot of it is faked. However, I cannot dismiss it entirely as I have a friend who is Pentecostal and readily agrees that sometimes people want this so much they (as he kindly puts it) try too hard.

My experience: I was in a highly meditative state and I could feel Glossolalia coming on. I instantly decided this was not something I had any interest at all in pursuing and kept quiet. Some will say that when its grip, one cannot help but speak, but I found that choice is always an option.

I don't know what to think about translators of Glossolalia. As for me, if I am going to say something, I want to know what it is I am saying. ;)
I was floored when it happened. Not literally, lol.
Anyway..a friend asked me to go with her..she was in her late 70's and I was like 25 or so....so I went with her since I had to do the driving. I was shocked. Wanted to leave right away. Squirmed in my chair and kept looking at the exit door. Then BAM! This woman started the tongue speaking thing. I was ready to bolt, but the translator looked straight at me (I had never been there before) and said the message was for me. Something had been bothering me for months, and I was stressing over it big time. BIG TIME. The message is private, but I will say that I was agog. How could this complete stranger know what I was stressing about? No way this person could. But God could. And did. And addressed it.

I never went back again. But I never forgot it either.

I hope I didn't hurt you either
You did not. The threads/discussions I like best are the ones when people say what they believe or what their own faith teaches/practices. The ones where people of different faiths/sects tell another faith/sect what they "really" believe/do are a pain.

For example you might say, "Gosh, I would never pray where a statue is because I just know I would find myself worshiping that statue...so because I know how prone I would be to worshiping statues, I can't help but think Catholics are just as prone and can't help themselves either."

Started the thread if anyone is interested.

Anyway..a friend asked me to go with her..she was in her late 70's and I was like 25 or so....so I went with her since I had to do the driving. I was shocked. Wanted to leave right away. Squirmed in my chair and kept looking at the exit door. Then BAM! This woman started the tongue speaking thing. I was ready to bolt, but the translator looked straight at me (I had never been there before) and said the message was for me. Something had been bothering me for months, and I was stressing over it big time. BIG TIME. The message is private, but I will say that I was agog. How could this complete stranger know what I was stressing about? No way this person could. But God could. And did. And addressed it.

The friend I spoke of has been involved in such realities--I can picture him nodding in agreement about your experience.

I used to post Animal Spirit daily recommendations according to whatever card I pulled for USMB. Some liked it..some didn't. I stopped doing it after awhile. I guess I felt there was not enough interest.

People tend to follow a faith or religion to whatever "tickles their ear". Native American spirituality has always pulled me towards it. Paganism too. Along with Jesus of course.

Someone....from another board long long ago, told me that God speaks to me thru the only beings I trust. Animals. Humans? Not so much. Which is why I say nature is my church. That is where I am closest to Him. Not statues, Or art. Or museums. Or theology. Gods Art is the sky with clouds, rainy days, birds singing, the river whispering, the ocean roaring. YOu look at beautiful stained glass windows and that is all well and fine. They ARE beautiful. But nature is more beautiful to me, and reaches me on a different level. Just as Catholicism reaches you on a different level. :)

Back on topic for a sec.....

I STILL have not figured out yet (and I am not alone in this)...is.....Are God and Jesus two separate entities or one of the same? Seems others wonder too. Google has thousands of pages of those questions too..and many many thousands of different answers. Some say two separate entities. Some say one and the same. Not sure what to believe but in my heart...two separate for me. Not one.

Someone....from another board long long ago, told me that God speaks to me thru the only beings I trust. Animals. Humans? Not so much. Which is why I say nature is my church. That is where I am closest to Him. Not statues, Or art. Or museums. Or theology. Gods Art is the sky with clouds, rainy days, birds singing, the river whispering, the ocean roaring. YOu look at beautiful stained glass windows and that is all well and fine. They ARE beautiful. But nature is more beautiful to me, and reaches me on a different level. Just as Catholicism reaches you on a different level.
:) I relate, because I do both, and often both daily. Blessed because I live where I can do both easily.

But that doesn't make any sense. Pagans are the total opposite of Christians aren't they? So why would they be praying to any religious figure?

Pagans are pantheists with more than one God.
Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are all Brothers of the Book because they are all monotheistic.
In which case there can NOT be a Holy Trinity.
Either Jesus was God all the time, or was never a God, part of God, or anything other than just a prophet.
Which is what the way Islam sees it.
Jesus is just a prophet.
Otherwise Christianity would have to be pantheist and pagan.

Back on topic for a sec.....

I STILL have not figured out yet (and I am not alone in this)...is.....Are God and Jesus two separate entities or one of the same? Seems others wonder too. Google has thousands of pages of those questions too..and many many thousands of different answers. Some say two separate entities. Some say one and the same. Not sure what to believe but in my heart...two separate for me. Not one.
I think of it as trying to picture a multi-dimensional being when my only experience is in three dimensions. When Jesus was on earth, he was fully human. One person described it to me using the bubble analogy. Blow a bubble and you see a portion of air in a form. Bubble pops and the air returns to the whole from which it was always part of from the beginning.

But that doesn't make any sense. Pagans are the total opposite of Christians aren't they? So why would they be praying to any religious figure?

No, pagans are not the opposite of Christians at all.
They are very similar, like the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Norse, Bahai, Hindi, etc.
The only difference is whether you believe in more than one God and are pagan, or you are monotheistic and believe in only one God, like Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

Frankly, monotheism never made any sense to be because there evil things about life, and if there is only one God, then why would they cause or allow even, for evil things?

Frankly, monotheism never made any sense to be because there evil things about life, and if there is only one God, then why would they cause or allow even, for evil things?
more like - about mortals - not life ... mortals do not make it to the Everlasting.

How do you know they don't?
I consider myself a pagan christian. Many of the happenings tributed to christians came from pagan beliefs.

I think their epiphanies are mostly real, but they make outsiders uncomfortable so they hope they're mostly faking. That sort of thing isn't exclusive to Pentecostal Christians.

How do you know they don't?
I consider myself a pagan christian. Many of the happenings tributed to christians came from pagan beliefs.

Well, many pagan rituals were created to compete with the rise of popularity of Christianity, so you never know if those 'pagan' things were really pagan in the first place. Even what is modern rabbinical Judaism wasn't developed until the 2nd Century A.D. after the bar Kokbha revolt failed; it's actually newer than Christianity, though the 'Orthodox' and the hyper racist 'Ultra-orthodox' will snivel and deny it.

This actually sounds like it could be the more I think about it.

What is wrong is abusing this to judge other people for not seeing or saying it the same way.

In fact, you can find parallel "trinity" patterns in every system of religion or laws. That's because people are made in the image of God, body mind and spirit. So any system of expressing laws involving humans are going to reflect the same three levels: individual/physical level, collective/spiritual level, and the intermediary level of laws/relations/conscience joining the other two levels that ideally should be in harmony.

This is universal. And no reason to judge people since we all see things differently from our own unique perspectives and relations.

The Taoists made body mind spirit famous.

But psychology has ego supergo and id.

Buddhism has the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha.

Constitutional laws have judicial, legislative and executive authority.

Confucianism has Jen Yi and Li.

Hinduism has Creator, Destroyer of Evil, and Preserver of Peace.

Potterhead2021 since you are Christian you know that Jesus as Lord of all lords governs as God's authority over all other laws or tribes. So the same way Jesus fulfills the Word or Laws of God in Christian Scripture, Jesus as Justice fulfills the middle level of laws in all these other systems of expressing either spiritual or natural laws that come from nature God created.

Forum List

Back