Could Obama be a 2 time winner of the Nobel Peace Prize?

Obama shouldn't have gotten the first one.

Unless war is peace now, he should be stripped of the one he got.

They owe it to President Obama... again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again...

Just because.

That was the reason the first time, right?

Seems like he got it the first time as an endorsement for his presidential credential by "the establishment". He wined and dined the Merican people on hope and change with is speeches, but only delivered about 6 cents on the dollar of change and left Mericans hoping for a miracle.

He'll get re-elected too.

This time the slogan will be "Merica, still hoping for change."

It will be awarded the first week of October, any thoughts on who should get it?

Whoever pleases the Europeans (for economics/peace). I think the slew of anti-Bush Nobels (Krugman, Gore, Obama) are over. Maybe the Europeans will go back to giving Nobels to people who deserve them, although the economics/peace prizes are notoriously political. So who knows?

As far as politicians in America Ron Paul is about the only person that should get the NPP but the NPP has no meaning anymore so what does it matter?

Maybe if people asked "why shouldn't someone get the NPP" rather than "why should they get it" we would see the NPP go to people that are important in a meaningful way.

Maybe the OP can tell us why Obama got the NPP in the first place?

It will be awarded the first week of October, any thoughts on who should get it?

Whoever pleases the Europeans (for economics/peace). I think the slew of anti-Bush Nobels (Krugman, Gore, Obama) are over. Maybe the Europeans will go back to giving Nobels to people who deserve them, although the economics/peace prizes are notoriously political. So who knows?

I don't follow it closely but i thought it would be an interesting topic to discuss who should win.

Forum List

Back