Could It Be Atheists Don't Like God Because It's Hard for Them to Follow Rules?

Many atheists started out as believers and then something destroyed that belief. It's why so many have a chip on their shoulder. God failed them.

Probably evolution being taught in universities and higher education helped destroy that belief. People who are atheists are usually better educated per the Pew Report.
In the end faith is a personal thing. It's easy to believe in a good, merciful God when things turn out good for you. It's a lot harder when life takes a shit on you or you watch someone good die a cruel slow death. If someone wants atheist indoctrination it's there to be found but so is religion. If the world was not inherently unfair and cruel it would not be so hard to convince some people that God loves them.

I argue that atheism is a religion of having faith in no God nor gods. The atheists have no evidence God/gods do not exist. What they have are what they consider rational and logical arguments, but they are easily dismissed. The closest thing they have are in higher learning with the science of atheism -- evolution.

>> If the world was not inherently unfair and cruel it would not be so hard to convince some people that God loves them.<<

Christians believe the world is "unfair and cruel" because of Adam's sin. For example, one has to physically die in this life and there are Adam's covenant and Eve's covenant.

This headline is confusing. How would a person dislike something that they don't believe exists?

Boring video.

BTW: I don't know why you referred to a "liberal woman." There are no politics in this video at all. There also is no reference to what this character's beliefs are.

Atheists do not know God/gods do not exist because they keep asking for proof in arguments with theists. When you give them the "proof" or evidence, then they do not believe it, i.e. accept it. Furthermore, they do not have the evidence that God/gods do not exist. The scientific method shows God exists with biogenesis. Basically, the do not believe God/gods exists because of denial. It's based of faith and that makes atheism a religion.

Okay.

I'm making an assumption she's liberal because she couldn't follow most of the rules. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. You can critcize me for stereotyping, but being liberal doesn't just refer to poltics. It could mean R&E.

You shouldn't assume that you know about the beliefs, politics, or ethics of total strangers. Would you assume that all of the people who refuse to wear masks, i.e. refuse to follow the rules, are "liberals"? Who about those who refuse to obey the Administrative Procedure Act or House rules? BTW: I still don't understand what a "liberal" is supposed to be. It seems to mean anyone whose politics are anywhere to the left of a hardcore right-winger.

Many atheists started out as believers and then something destroyed that belief. It's why so many have a chip on their shoulder. God failed them.

Probably evolution being taught in universities and higher education helped destroy that belief. People who are atheists are usually better educated per the Pew Report.
In the end faith is a personal thing. It's easy to believe in a good, merciful God when things turn out good for you. It's a lot harder when life takes a shit on you or you watch someone good die a cruel slow death. If someone wants atheist indoctrination it's there to be found but so is religion. If the world was not inherently unfair and cruel it would not be so hard to convince some people that God loves them.

I argue that atheism is a religion of having faith in no God nor gods. The atheists have no evidence God/gods do not exist. What they have are what they consider rational and logical arguments, but they are easily dismissed. The closest thing they have are in higher learning with the science of atheism -- evolution.

>> If the world was not inherently unfair and cruel it would not be so hard to convince some people that God loves them.<<

Christians believe the world is "unfair and cruel" because of Adam's sin. For example, one has to physically die in this life and there are Adam's covenant and Eve's covenant.
Original sin is the most cruel and destructive idea in the history of mankind. In addition to underpinning slavery, war, genocide, and religious persecution it lets God and kings off the hook for a world that makes virtue a disadvantage. Jesus told us how have heaven on earth and so-called Christians have spent 2000 years constructing moral escape hatches to excuse ignoring him.

This headline is confusing. How would a person dislike something that they don't believe exists?

Boring video.

BTW: I don't know why you referred to a "liberal woman." There are no politics in this video at all. There also is no reference to what this character's beliefs are.

Atheists do not know God/gods do not exist because they keep asking for proof in arguments with theists. When you give them the "proof" or evidence, then they do not believe it, i.e. accept it. Furthermore, they do not have the evidence that God/gods do not exist. The scientific method shows God exists with biogenesis. Basically, the do not believe God/gods exists because of denial. It's based of faith and that makes atheism a religion.

Okay.

I'm making an assumption she's liberal because she couldn't follow most of the rules. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. You can critcize me for stereotyping, but being liberal doesn't just refer to poltics. It could mean R&E.

You shouldn't assume that you know about the beliefs, politics, or ethics of total strangers. Would you assume that all of the people who refuse to wear masks, i.e. refuse to follow the rules, are "liberals"? Who about those who refuse to obey the Administrative Procedure Act or House rules? BTW: I still don't understand what a "liberal" is supposed to be. It seems to mean anyone whose politics are anywhere to the left of a hardcore right-winger.

I had to ask myself why she couldn't follow six more rules? Otherwise, she wouldn't get paid. Couldn't she just set her timer for 8:30 pm for the wine (assuming it was a nice wine) after feeding the invisible cat? I assumed her flipping thru the pages of her book was her passing time by trying to read. Most people would be able to read some of the book that they brought with them. Then she could've watched tv if she knew how to use the password. She couldn't do it, but most people would be able to do it. The bed and bedroom looked nice, so she could've just gone to bed after drinking the wine, reading, and watching tv. The issues of trust of total strangers of leaving the doors unlocked of turning off her phone would be two rules that were troublesome. This is understandable, but the rest aren't as she wasn't able to do things correctly. I thought she just had to focus.

The stereotype is people who refuse to wear masks are liberals rebelling against authority. Refusing to follow the "house" rules is a sign of rebellion and liberals tend to do that because it is their nature or personality. Instead of politics, another definition of liberal is " not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or traditional forms" according to Merriam-Webster.

Thus, one explanation for her failure was she was liberal. She just did not take the rules seriously and focus as she became distracted quite easily. Liberals and atheists are practically one and the same. Rebellious in politics as well as religion.

Boring video.

Okay.

I'm making an assumption she's liberal because she couldn't follow most of the rules.
I assumed she was liberal and needed the money :auiqs.jpg:.

joking aside what is gained by conservative criminals giving bad advice ... during a pandemic.
or nefariously ridiculing liberals.

The recommendation departs from guidance the agency issued at the end of August, which said that someone who was in close contact (within 6 feet) of an infected person for at least 15 minutes but doesn’t have symptoms does not "necessarily need a test." .
conservatives will say and believe anything to hang onto power.

Boring video.

Okay.

I'm making an assumption she's liberal because she couldn't follow most of the rules.

joking aside what is gained by conservative criminals giving bad advice ... during a pandemic.

The recommendation departs from guidance the agency issued at the end of August, which said that someone who was in close contact (within 6 feet) of an infected person for at least 15 minutes but doesn’t have symptoms does not "necessarily need a test." .
Hey, dick head, I wear a mask in public. I social distance. I wash my hands. I limit my exposure to the outside world. Go fuck yourself and your condescension.

Boring video.

Okay.

Hey, dick head, I wear a mask in public. I social distance. I wash my hands. I limit my exposure to the outside world. Go fuck yourself and your condescension.
good for you bing - best one is your exposure to the outside world maybe that can become a permanent commitment ...

* nothing unusual for a criminal conservative looking out for themselves it's their advice to the unfortunate that makes them what they are.

What makes you think God exist??
Why are you derailing the discussion?
You should be smart enough to realize that that is not the subject of this discussion.
You should not want to derail the discussion into a discussion that you know is going to probably not make a difference in your understanding of why theists believe in gods - save it for a direct discussion.

Smarten up before I report you to American Atheist.

Last edited:
No. Atheists do not believe in gods, because gods do not exist as theists describe them to be. The rules that the gods are credited with delivering to humans were composed by humans - community leaders.

Atheists can follow rules. Most atheists follow the rules of state law. There are very few atheists convicted of crimes compared to Christians convicted of crimes in America - why do so many Christians have difficulty following the rules for good community???

Why were you unable to recognize this simple argument to your proposal?

I disagree with your second sentence. How do you know God or gods do not exist to lay down the rules for objective morality? Isn't it your faith in no God nor gods that makes you believe and state what you just stated? Atheists generally say they want proof, but no evidence is satisfactory for them.

As for your first sentence, I can only speak for Christians, but one of the rules and the first one from the ten commandments is:

You shall have no other gods before Me.

Not believing in God or gods would violate rule #1. Disbelief is a sin.

Plenty of verses in the Bible about disbelief -- What Does the Bible Say About Disbelief?.

Christians believe Adam committed the first sin by disobeying God and eating a fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. It was a negative test. Today, we have the positive test of John 3:16, "“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." However, this rule is not followed and is too difficult for atheists to believe. This wasn't made up by humans, but by God.
How does this answer my argument that there are a lot of Christians who have a hard time following the rules, such as; thou shall not kill, steal, and trespass?

Last edited:
No. Atheists do not believe in gods, because gods do not exist as theists describe them to be. The rules that the gods are credited with delivering to humans were composed by humans - community leaders.

Atheists can follow rules. Most atheists follow the rules of state law. There are very few atheists convicted of crimes compared to Christians convicted of crimes in America - why do so many Christians have difficulty following the rules for good community???

Per capita, there are more Christians in our country. 65% Christians to 4 % atheists. Therefore...
The implied premise of the opening post is that atheists by, and far, have difficulty following rules; so that would seem to indicate that the jails would be disproportionately populated with more atheists. Is that not correct???

Did you read the OP and my reply differently???

Do you understand mathematical proportions when used in dialectic arguments???

Last edited:
There seems to be a question here whether people believe in one God, more than one God, or no God at all.

If God, according to the Bible, "said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:" and moreover, "Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High," then this could partially explain how important "community leaders" came to be perceived or credited as Gods.

If for example the ancient Greek God Zeus or perhaps the Norse God Thor is perceived as the God of thunder and lightning — I don't know that anyone can deny the existence of such a Higher Power as God — whether this God is separate from other Gods or there is "One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."

Or the post-New-Testament (Nicene Creed) concept of a Trinity of one God in three persons.

There seems to be a question here whether people believe in one God, more than one God, or no God at all.

If God, according to the Bible, "said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:" and moreover, "Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High," then this could partially explain how important "community leaders" came to be perceived or credited as Gods.

If for example the ancient Greek God Zeus or perhaps the Norse God Thor is perceived as the God of thunder and lightning — I don't know that anyone can deny the existence of such a Higher Power as God — whether this God is separate from other Gods or there is "One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."

Or the post-New-Testament (Nicene Creed) concept of a Trinity of one God in three persons.
That is not the subject of this discussion, and you make no effort to try and link it to the subject of atheists having difficulty following rules. Your derailing the discussion is proof that you cannot follow the rules - do you need further explanation???

proof that you cannot follow the rules - do you need further explanation???
Scientists tell us there's an atmosphere, with a nebulous upper limit, outer space, and stars and planets, other galaxies, and so on and so forth, and people don't believe in heaven either.

Or if there's something about that heaven that gives way to a heaven of glory in other realms.

You dumb ass.
There are very few atheists convicted of crimes, because there are very few atheists...

Christians have no difficulty in following the rules for good community, and indeed contribute by setting up food banks, clothes closets, emergency shelters, care of the elderly, and other necessities in their communities...

proof that you cannot follow the rules - do you need further explanation???
Scientists tell us there's an atmosphere, with a nebulous upper limit, outer space, and stars and planets, other galaxies, and so on and so forth, and people don't believe in heaven either.

Or if there's something about that heaven that gives way to a heaven of glory in other realms.
Please keep me posted if there are any updates.

You dumb ass.
There are very few atheists convicted of crimes, because there are very few atheists...

Christians have no difficulty in following the rules for good community, and indeed contribute by setting up food banks, clothes closets, emergency shelters, care of the elderly, and other necessities in their communities...
You are not explaining why there are Christians breaking state law and the Ten Commandments, which is related to the premise of the opening argument that atheists are inclined to not follow rules, and that Christians are inclined to follow rules.

You are unwittingly confirming my argument, because you do not understand mathematical proportions being exercised in a dialectic argument.

Your argument suggests that atheist are just as inclined to violate state law as Christians, which therefore invalidates the opening post's argument. Do you understand that?

I agree that it is an equal proportion. That is the premise of my argument, which is to invalidate the opening poster's argument that atheists have a hard time following the rules more than that of theists (Christians).

I disagree with your second sentence. How do you know God or gods do not exist to lay down the rules for objective morality? Isn't it your faith in no God nor gods that makes you believe and state what you just stated? Atheists generally say they want proof, but no evidence is satisfactory for them.

As for your first sentence, I can only speak for Christians, but one of the rules and the first one from the ten commandments is:

You shall have no other gods before Me.

Not believing in God or gods would violate rule #1. Disbelief is a sin.

Plenty of verses in the Bible about disbelief -- What Does the Bible Say About Disbelief?.

Christians believe Adam committed the first sin by disobeying God and eating a fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. It was a negative test. Today, we have the positive test of John 3:16, "“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." However, this rule is not followed and is too difficult for atheists to believe. This wasn't made up by humans, but by God.
How does this answer my argument that there are a lot of Christians who have a hard time following the rules, such as; thou shall not kill, steal, and trespass?

I debunked your argument against the God of the Bible existing, and thus the objective morals of the Ten Commandments exist. The Ten Commandments and it being handed down to Moses was the first thing written for the Bible. Why can't you accept that you violated the first commandment and committed a grave sin? It's because of denial of your rebelliousness against God and breaking his rules.

For your latest spiel, it is a straw man. You provide nothing as evidence. Already you are breaking the rules for logic and rational argument.

I debunked your argument against the God of the Bible existing, and thus the objective morals of the Ten Commandments exist. The Ten Commandments and it being handed down to Moses was the first thing written for the Bible. Why can't you accept that you violated the first commandment and committed a grave sin? It's because of denial of your rebelliousness against God and breaking his rules.

For your latest spiel, it is a straw man. You provide nothing as evidence. Already you are breaking the rules for logic and rational argument.
It is amazing that I am able to function and provide arguments elsewhere on the USMB, and have a reaction score that I have. But, you know how the Almighty God works better than me.

New Topics

Forum List

Back