CDZ Could (actual) Conservatives support this kind of single payer?

About 170-180,000 each year depending on mortality rates. Not a very big operation by poultry farm standards of the time.

LMAO... so it's not like you folks were Ma and Pa Kettle, living on a small ranch, just barely scraping by... As you tried to make it seem.

I don't understand why republicans and most conservatives can't support a single payer system, ran by medical professionals. Although I do understand them not wanting it ran by our government. That's understandable. For the simple fact that the government can't run most things that benefit most of "we the people." A good example of this is the USD value. Now, $10hr is a poverty wage. Where as just south of the border, $10hr is an upper class wage.
But I digress. Fighting against a single payer system is nothing more than fighting in favor of health insurance companies. Who constantly screw the medical professionals out of a lot of money.
Healthcare has to be paid for, no matter who you are. Everyone is going to need medical help. And those that help you, will have to get paid. Insurance companies get paid by us. And they pay the MP (Medical professionals). But where they screw the MP's, is how much they pay the MPs for your care.
Example: When I was with Blue Cross Blue shield, I had an osteotomy on my knee. The hospital and doctor billed the insurance company over $100,000. That included all the doctor visits, surgeon visits, physical therapy & drugs. Blue Cross paid a little less than $3,000 in total. My doctor said that Medicare pays them better than Blue Cross. How sick is that?
Counting my premiums, the insurance company got paid a LOT more than the MP's that actually fixed my knee problem. Thousands more.
Let's be honest about this. Health insurance companies (or all of them) are nothing more than money brokers. We pay them and they pay the MP's what they want to pay them. Then they keep the rest for profits.
As a conservative, I'm always in support of cutting out the middle man.
I think the BEST way to solve this problem, is the MP's starting their own nationwide health insurance company. That way, they can own and operate within their own guidelines, with minimum government oversight. Of course, because there's trillions of dollars and millions of Americans involved, there'd have to be some oversight and regulations. But the ultimate decisions, providing there's no fraud or corruption involved, would remain with the MP's.
But in the end, the MP's (medical professionals) would be able to set their own rules, regs and policies. No more running tests that aren't actually necessary. No more endless doctor visits, being treated for something the doctors knows isn't going to be effective. (so they can get more money) No more fighting with the insurance companies as to why the doctor can't run a certain test.
Example: When my gaul stones were causing a lot of pain, the ER doctor wasn't allowed to do a sonogram because I didn't have fever. A simple test to see for sure that I had gaul stones, was not allowed by the insurance company. Not only would the test confirm the doctors suspicions. But would also show the size and scope of the stones. Which would determine if emergency surgery was needed. Or if I could wait to have the surgery.

Bottom line to this, IMO, health insurance companies are nothing more than money brokers and do nothing to help, treat or cure patients. So the ones getting 100% of the money, should be the MP's. If a single payer system is the only way to abolish insurance companies, then so be it.

Change the way government is elected, so you have real choice at the ballot box, then have single payer system, it's more likely to work.

The fact that Republicans say it won't work, and then make sure it won't work is typical of them.

I don't understand why republicans and most conservatives can't support a single payer system, ran by medical professionals. Although I do understand them not wanting it ran by our government. That's understandable. For the simple fact that the government can't run most things that benefit most of "we the people." A good example of this is the USD value. Now, $10hr is a poverty wage. Where as just south of the border, $10hr is an upper class wage.
But I digress. Fighting against a single payer system is nothing more than fighting in favor of health insurance companies. Who constantly screw the medical professionals out of a lot of money.
Healthcare has to be paid for, no matter who you are. Everyone is going to need medical help. And those that help you, will have to get paid. Insurance companies get paid by us. And they pay the MP (Medical professionals). But where they screw the MP's, is how much they pay the MPs for your care.
Example: When I was with Blue Cross Blue shield, I had an osteotomy on my knee. The hospital and doctor billed the insurance company over $100,000. That included all the doctor visits, surgeon visits, physical therapy & drugs. Blue Cross paid a little less than $3,000 in total. My doctor said that Medicare pays them better than Blue Cross. How sick is that?
Counting my premiums, the insurance company got paid a LOT more than the MP's that actually fixed my knee problem. Thousands more.
Let's be honest about this. Health insurance companies (or all of them) are nothing more than money brokers. We pay them and they pay the MP's what they want to pay them. Then they keep the rest for profits.
As a conservative, I'm always in support of cutting out the middle man.
I think the BEST way to solve this problem, is the MP's starting their own nationwide health insurance company. That way, they can own and operate within their own guidelines, with minimum government oversight. Of course, because there's trillions of dollars and millions of Americans involved, there'd have to be some oversight and regulations. But the ultimate decisions, providing there's no fraud or corruption involved, would remain with the MP's.
But in the end, the MP's (medical professionals) would be able to set their own rules, regs and policies. No more running tests that aren't actually necessary. No more endless doctor visits, being treated for something the doctors knows isn't going to be effective. (so they can get more money) No more fighting with the insurance companies as to why the doctor can't run a certain test.
Example: When my gaul stones were causing a lot of pain, the ER doctor wasn't allowed to do a sonogram because I didn't have fever. A simple test to see for sure that I had gaul stones, was not allowed by the insurance company. Not only would the test confirm the doctors suspicions. But would also show the size and scope of the stones. Which would determine if emergency surgery was needed. Or if I could wait to have the surgery.

Bottom line to this, IMO, health insurance companies are nothing more than money brokers and do nothing to help, treat or cure patients. So the ones getting 100% of the money, should be the MP's. If a single payer system is the only way to abolish insurance companies, then so be it.

This is an abject lie: " Let's be honest about this. Health insurance companies (or all of them) are nothing more than money brokers. We pay them and they pay the MP's what they want to pay them. Then they keep the rest for profits.""

You should learn about a thing before you post on it.

I wouldn't consider a government controlled healthcare system either. But I would expect them to provide some protection for the insurance customers.

The "some protection" you're asking for entails government control of the healthcare system. Or has so far at least. I wouldn't expect Congress to offer up anything else.

The "some protection" you're asking for entails government control of the healthcare system. Or has so far at least. I wouldn't expect Congress to offer up anything else.
First fix corporate blackmail of politicians, then government run universal health care will come naturally. It's as simple as that!

And America will be fixing government at the same time.

First fix corporate blackmail of politicians, then government run universal health care will come naturally. It's as simple as that!

And America will be fixing government at the same time

Government run universal health care would suck hind tit. No thanks.

Government run universal health care would suck hind tit. No thanks.
It's impossible to even find out without good government that isn't bought off by HC money interests.
For now nearly all Americans can just admit that the present system is inadequate.

It's impossible to even find out without good government that isn't bought off by HC money interests.
For now nearly all Americans can just admit that the present system is inadequate.
The system is fucked up, no doubt. But it's BECAUSE of ham handed government intervention. We don't need - nor do we want - government in charge of healthcare.

The system is fucked up, no doubt. But it's BECAUSE of ham handed government intervention. We don't need - nor do we want - government in charge of healthcare.
You could call it hamhanded government intervention.
But what is that specifically if it's not payoffs to politicians?

Last edited:
You could call it hamhanded government intervention.
But what is that specifically if it's not payoffs to politicians
Misguided intent. Even if the politicians involved were as honest as the rain, government isn't mean to be a health care provider. And in a country as politically divided as ours, asking government to take over is utterly idiotic.

Misguided intent. Even if the politicians involved were as honest as the rain, government isn't mean to be a health care provider. And in a country as politically divided as ours, asking government to take over is utterly idiotic.
You're still not being specific, but you have at least admitted that government isn't honest.
Along with admitting the system is fukked up.

So what would you suggest be done to fix it?

Ya see, that's where the rubber meats the road and where Trump failed too. If he has a solution he probably could have 'really' won the election.

It might be the question that is the most important one that Americans want answered?

Not to suggest that Trump won't be able to slide the question under the carpet again.

You're still not being specific, but you have at least admitted that government isn't honest.
Along with admitting the system is fukked up.

So what would you suggest be done to fix it?
1. Eliminate tax deductions for health insurance
2. Eliminate all other tax and regulatory policies that push us into over-insuring, or otherwise promote employer-provided insurance.
3. Use the Commerce Clause as intended and break up the regulatory fiefdoms that insurance companies have set up at the state level to suppress competition and protect their turf.
4. Re-examine health care regulation that artificially inflates prices. This will happen naturally once people get used to paying for their own healthcare once again.
Ya see, that's where the rubber meats the road and where Trump failed too. If he has a solution he probably could have 'really' won the election.
You keep going on about Trump like I'm supposed to give a shit. I'm not a Trump supporter.

2. Eliminate all other tax and regulatory policies that push us into over-insuring, or otherwise promote employer-provided insurance.
3. Use the Commerce Clause as intended and break up the regulatory fiefdoms that insurance companies have set up at the state level to suppress competition and protect their turf.
4. Re-examine health care regulation that artificially inflates prices. This will happen naturally once people get used to paying for their own healthcare once again.

You keep going on about Trump like I'm supposed to give a shit. I'm not a Trump supporter.
We can end our discussion any time you like.
Or you can stop acting like an asshole and allow me to answer to your suggestions. It matters little to me.

We can end our discussion any time you like.
Or you can stop acting like an asshole and allow me to answer to your suggestions. It matters little to me.
So, you got nuthin'? I answered your question honestly, but you don't want to address my points and would rather pretend that I'm being an asshole and hide. Your call.

Last edited:
So, you got nuthin'? I answered your question honestly, but you don't want to address my points and would rather pretend that I'm being an asshole and hide. Your call.
Next time you address me you'll know that you have to keep it polite and civil, and if you aren't then you get no discussion.

Next time you address me you'll know that you have to keep it polite and civil, and if you aren't then you get no discussion.
I wasn't impolite. I was in no way insulting. It seems you just didn't like what I suggested. My apologies.

I wasn't impolite. I was in no way insulting. It seems you just didn't like what I suggested. My apologies.
Thank you. We can resume our discussion. So what are your questions to me? Or your suggestions, whatever? Never mind repeating them, I found them.

How would that help?
Is that question about elminating 'employer provided insurance?
I would tent to agree in principle that insurance companies should be stripped of power to influence in general.
What regulation? Are you suggesting that people should not insure for HC? If so then that's not practical and I'll tell you why.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back