Could a 77-year-old man defeat Obama?

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
I contend that America is age-ist.

I don't think a 77-year-old man could defeat Obama no matter how good his message was -- no matter how perfectly progressive, or how perfectly conservative, or how perfectly he threaded the needle for independents.

Do you?

• Banned
The squirrel in my front yard could beat Obama.

The election is ours to lose.

Does the constitution require the President to be human? That's the real question.

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Welll ... IF the president is a person, that person must be at least 35 years old, a natural born citizen, yada yada.

But I don't see where it says that the president has to be a person.

:eusa_eh:

I believe that Obama is a lot stronger than he looks. He will be very difficult to unseat. The power of incumbency, his ability to read the teleprompter, and his overall likeability, make him a formidable opponent. I caution conservatives to not get overconfident.

I like our odds, but I don't like overconfidence! Stay thirsty my friends!

50553_104198290097_5724362_n.jpg

I believe that Obama is a lot stronger than he looks. He will be very difficult to unseat. The power of incumbency, his ability to read the teleprompter, and his overall likeability, make him a formidable opponent. I caution conservatives to not get overconfident.

I like our odds, but I don't like overconfidence! Stay thirsty my friends!

50553_104198290097_5724362_n.jpg

Sound advice - and very true.

RCP Averages:

President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

Vs. Romney - Obama 45.8 Romney 45.1

Vs. Obama 49.1 Perry 41.7

Vs. Cain - Obama 47 Cain 40.3

Vs. Obama - 49.5 Gingrich 36.5

Vs. Paul - Obama 47.6 Paul 41.4

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

The rest don't even come close - except for the generic Republican vs. Obama numbers - Obama 43.8 Generic Republican 41.5

You have that back wards, I know your guilty of this in numerous instances...

Welll ... IF the president is a person, that person must be at least 35 years old, a natural born citizen, yada yada.

But I don't see where it says that the president has to be a person.

:eusa_eh:

Wait. Can a corporation become President?

I doubt any would want the job. Anyone who does should be admired just for the pure bullshit they go through. Of course I don't equate admiration with ability, but still.

I doubt any would want the job. Anyone who does should be admired just for the pure bullshit they go through. Of course I don't equate admiration with ability, but still.

I see.

Well, I'm intrigued by your "Squirrel in your yard" 2012 idea. His soaring rhetoric about storing nuts for the winter has awakened me to the need to invest in America's future by cutting spending and focusing on infrastructure repair and investment.

I contend that America is age-ist.

I don't think a 77-year-old man could defeat Obama no matter how good his message was -- no matter how perfectly progressive, or how perfectly conservative, or how perfectly he threaded the needle for independents.

Do you?

In a golf game perhaps. :eusa_whistle:

FORE!

RCP Averages:

President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

Vs. Romney - Obama 45.8 Romney 45.1

Vs. Obama 49.1 Perry 41.7

Vs. Cain - Obama 47 Cain 40.3

Vs. Obama - 49.5 Gingrich 36.5

Vs. Paul - Obama 47.6 Paul 41.4

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

The rest don't even come close - except for the generic Republican vs. Obama numbers - Obama 43.8 Generic Republican 41.5

You have that back wards, I know your guilty of this in numerous instances...

You're right - I do have it backwards. But I am not guilty of doing it repeatedly. If you think I am, then show me where I've done it before. Otherwise, you're just talking.

Forum List

Back