Cost to Caterpillar - $100 mil!!!!!!!!!! Ouch

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Caterpillar, IL largest manufacturer employer, announced this bill will cost it $100 million. This will equate to heads rolling, or glup, another large US manufacturer going overseas!

I can't believe Caterpillar is the only one being hit by this. Many other like Corporation will also be hit hard.

The last thing we needed is a hit to the private sector, yet that is what we just got!

2nd UPDATE Caterpillar: Health Bill Would Cost Company $100M - WSJ.com

CHICAGO (Dow Jones)--Caterpillar Inc. (CAT) said the proposed overhaul of the U.S. health-care system could increase its costs by $100 million, signaling disquiet in corporate America about the controversial plan.

The heavy-equipment maker's concerns are focused on the potential loss of subsidies to prescription drug costs it covers for retired employees.

In a letter Thursday to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) and House Republican Leader John Boehner (R., Ohio), Caterpillar urged lawmakers to vote against the plan "because of the substantial cost burdens it would place on ...

No one see this as an issue. This is the MAIN downside of the bill. Its a job killa!

No one see this as an issue. This is the MAIN downside of the bill. Its a job killa!

one would have to actually believe that.

I don't. I think it's boy crying wolf. Job killa is companies sending jobs out of the country to pay people sub-standard wages.

every other civilized nation makes sure their people have health care.

i'm sure caterpillar can subsidize this loss with a new fleet of pali killing machines...

Caterpillar, IL largest manufacturer employer, announced this bill will cost it $100 million. This will equate to heads rolling, or glup, another large US manufacturer going overseas!

I can't believe Caterpillar is the only one being hit by this. Many other like Corporation will also be hit hard.

The last thing we needed is a hit to the private sector, yet that is what we just got!

CHICAGO (Dow Jones)--Caterpillar Inc. (CAT) said the proposed overhaul of the U.S. health-care system could increase its costs by $100 million, signaling disquiet in corporate America about the controversial plan.

The heavy-equipment maker's concerns are focused on the potential loss of subsidies to prescription drug costs it covers for retired employees.

In a letter Thursday to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) and House Republican Leader John Boehner (R., Ohio), Caterpillar urged lawmakers to vote against the plan "because of the substantial cost burdens it would place on ...

So catipillar is upset because our government, or our tax dollars, will no longer subsidize Catipillar's expense for prescriptions that they give their retirees as a perk?

Am I reading this right?

So catipillar is upset because our government, or our tax dollars, will no longer subsidize Catipillar's expense for prescriptions that they give their retirees as a perk?

Am I reading this right?

we gonna subsidize the unions,, catapillar must not have a union.. :lol::lol::lol:or they don't kiss the right asses.

Am I reading this right?

Thanks Care I missed that.

It doesn't say 'will', the article says 'could'.... that's not a 'yes', it's a 'maybe'.

Having said that, IF it does, that is very very bad.

*Sits back and waits for a liberal to say how great it is that we now have the healthcare to take care of the unemployed that the bill created.* :eusa_eh:

Really, you think a tax and requirement bill will not hit businesses? Even if they inflate the numbers, one still must believe they are going to get hit HARD!

one would have to actually believe that.

I don't. I think it's boy crying wolf. Job killa is companies sending jobs out of the country to pay people sub-standard wages.

every other civilized nation makes sure their people have health care.

Am I reading this right?

Could be, but what you need to REALLY read is they will be hit HARD! Cost is without benefit to the corporation equates to corporations needing to cut in order places and contemplate moving to more competitive places! :eek:

If that were the case, I would think Catepillar stock would be in the toilet today.

Probably the numbers are inflated. Regardless, a company like caterpillar has probably got an army of people reviewing the impact Obamination will have and they know its going to be significant!

It doesn't say 'will', the article says 'could'.... that's not a 'yes', it's a 'maybe'.

Having said that, IF it does, that is very very bad.

*Sits back and waits for a liberal to say how great it is that we now have the healthcare to take care of the unemployed that the bill created.* :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back