Cost-of-Living Adjustment Will Increase 8.7%, Largest Adjustment in 40 Years

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
A big raise..of course not nearly enough--but something is better than nothing I guess:

Social Security on Thursday announced an 8.7 percent cost of living adjustment, the largest inflation adjustment to benefits in four decades — a welcome development for millions of older Americans struggling to keep up with fast-rising living costs.
The cost-of-living adjustment for 2023, which will be applied to benefits in January, is based on the latest government inflation figures. The final COLA, as the adjustment is known, was released after the Labor Department announced the Consumer Price Index for September, which came in at 8.2 percent. Medicare enrollees can anticipate some additional good news: The standard Part B premium, which is typically deducted from Social Security benefits, will decline next year.

The COLA, one of Social Security’s most valuable features, will give a significant boost to about 70 million Americans next year. While retirement comes to mind when most people think about Social Security‌, the program plays a much broader role in providing economic security.

We could fix that, Mr. Fleegle. By wearing a t-shirt, too.!
1665667916188.png

If a few hundred extra makes you rich, great. But you can thank senile old joey for everything costing more than it did under Trump. Worst president in my lifetime, senile joey, and I have been around a long time.

I thought Obama was the worst President in your lifetime?
Or was that Clinton?
Or I thought it was Carter

Carter had that title, then obozo took it, now senile joey has it. you dems keep getting worse, and doing more damage to our great country.
But it was Clinton who you impeached
Doesnt that make him the worst?

Why don’t you admit that ANY Democrat is automatically the worst to you?

A COLA of 8.7% gives the recipient the ability to pay 2.9% more rent ... [ka'ching] ... glad to see Congress still keeps landlords close to their hearts ...

A big raise..of course not nearly enough--but something is better than nothing I guess:

Social Security on Thursday announced an 8.7 percent cost of living adjustment, the largest inflation adjustment to benefits in four decades — a welcome development for millions of older Americans struggling to keep up with fast-rising living costs.
The cost-of-living adjustment for 2023, which will be applied to benefits in January, is based on the latest government inflation figures. The final COLA, as the adjustment is known, was released after the Labor Department announced the Consumer Price Index for September, which came in at 8.2 percent. Medicare enrollees can anticipate some additional good news: The standard Part B premium, which is typically deducted from Social Security benefits, will decline next year.

The COLA, one of Social Security’s most valuable features, will give a significant boost to about 70 million Americans next year. While retirement comes to mind when most people think about Social Security‌, the program plays a much broader role in providing economic security.

Joe Biden has destroyed our economy.

If you voted for him, it's your fault.

With an 8.7 percent COLA, I will be able to go out and buy a new Electric Vehicle!

:dance:

Gasoline is 100% increase in cost since Dementia took office. Groceries near 20% more this fiscal year. Home heating about 29%, and this 8.7% is supposed to put people on SS back on track with inflation?

Much like with working people who are making more per hour, a net loss since Trump left the White House.

Forum List

Back