Corporations Now Own Our National Anthem

Should corporations be allowed to own rights and profit from the Star Spangled Banner?

• No way Jose can you see by the dawns's early light..

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Yes because the corporations are whores so we may as let them whore off the blood of patriots.

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TeaBagger

VIP Member
Jan 25, 2016
Leave it to the scumbag corporate gangsters to steal the Star Spangled Banner and profit from it. Call me a crazy liberal but I for one hold our the national anthem sacred and believe it belongs to the people of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.... NO EXCEPTIONS!!

NO ONE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO PROFIT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM FROM THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER... PERIOD! ANYONE WHO DOES IS A FUCKING TRAITOR!

My shock is not that great because the corporations and the criminal elite also have made the Constitution and its Bill of Rights mostly null and void. Will the next step be them owning design patents on Old Glory?

IMO any proceeds from the Star Spangled Banner should go to the American people or the descendants of Francis Scott Key and the people of England because the tune was originally an English drinking song.

Censoring the National Anthem for Copyright Violation

Performing rights: These are held by (ASCAP, BMI, SESAC etc.) as registered by the publisher. These organizations reserve the right to act on behalf of the publisher to obtain monies from the performance or broadcast of a sound recording.

Mechanical rights: These are held by the person or persons who's performance was recorded (i.e. vocalist, intrumentalist, comedian etc.)

Copyright: These are held by anyone that had anything to do with the creative work that was recorded. (i. e. composer, lyricist, arranger etc.)

Publishing rights: These are the intellectual property rights to the sound recording that can be bought or sold to parties that may or may not have anything to do with the recording. The owner of these rights have control of where and how the recording is obtained or broadcast.

Television and radio stations stopped using the Star Spangled Banner when they signed off the air because if they used it they would have to pay royalties so they stopped using it.

Any time the anthem is sung at an NFL game, recorded by NFL engineers and broadcast during NFL TV time, the mechanicals, publishing, and performance rights belong to the NFL for that specific performance even if the song was originally written and recorded by U2 or Green Day. If it is sung at an NBA or MLB game, those respective organizations control the same rights.

Imagine: The NFL owns the rights to Whitney Houston's version of the Star-Spangled Banner while MLB owns the rights to Rosanne Barr's version!

Leave it to the scumbag corporate gangsters to steal the Star Spangled Banner and profit from it. Call me a crazy liberal but I for one hold our the national anthem sacred and believe it belongs to the people of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.... NO EXCEPTIONS!!

NO ONE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO PROFIT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM FROM THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER... PERIOD! ANYONE WHO DOES IS A FUCKING TRAITOR!

My shock is not that great because the corporations and the criminal elite also have made the Constitution and its Bill of Rights mostly null and void. Will the next step be them owning design patents on Old Glory?

IMO any proceeds from the Star Spangled Banner should go to the American people or the descendants of Francis Scott Key and the people of England because the tune was originally an English drinking song.

Performing rights: These are held by (ASCAP, BMI, SESAC etc.) as registered by the publisher. These organizations reserve the right to act on behalf of the publisher to obtain monies from the performance or broadcast of a sound recording.

Mechanical rights: These are held by the person or persons who's performance was recorded (i.e. vocalist, intrumentalist, comedian etc.)

Copyright: These are held by anyone that had anything to do with the creative work that was recorded. (i. e. composer, lyricist, arranger etc.)

Publishing rights: These are the intellectual property rights to the sound recording that can be bought or sold to parties that may or may not have anything to do with the recording. The owner of these rights have control of where and how the recording is obtained or broadcast.

Television and radio stations stopped using the Star Spangled Banner when they signed off the air because if they used it they would have to pay royalties so they stopped using it.

Any time the anthem is sung at an NFL game, recorded by NFL engineers and broadcast during NFL TV time, the mechanicals, publishing, and performance rights belong to the NFL for that specific performance even if the song was originally written and recorded by U2 or Green Day. If it is sung at an NBA or MLB game, those respective organizations control the same rights.

Imagine: The NFL owns the rights to Whitney Houston's version of the Star-Spangled Banner while MLB owns the rights to Rosanne Barr's version!

Some other scum of the Earth that are trying to steal the names in Yosemite National Park. I can tell you from our perspective here in California this is sacrilege. Yosemite is one of the crown jewels in California. How in hell can a corporation take names in a national park? It's government land.

Yosemite changes famous names; Ahwahnee sign stolen amid legal fight

This is just more Republican/Corporate depravity.

You mean to tell me that the corporations that Obama helped to bail out are never run by democrats? Why do you think Obama treats Republicans so well?

OMG I read the article, did you bother to read the article? The persons pulling the singing of the SSB were not republicans they were a foreign soccer club and Conan Obrian. Obrian not exactly a run of the mill Republican.

Once again a failure. Performances of the SSB are copyrighted, not the song, as I read the article.

I just watched several versions of The Star Spangled Banner on YouTube.
It seems you can own the rights to a specific performance, not really the rights to the song itself.

If a starving artist paints the most beautiful picture of the flag, should he be allowed to sell the painting for a profit?

The real Star Spangled Banner is still safely locked in the National Archives. You can get to see it when they bring it out every hour or so. The song is in the public domain so anybody can record it or sing it or sell a freaking record of it. If you spend your time ranting about corporations you are apt to drive yourself crazy.

This is actually the best way for the Star Spangled Banner not to be sung at all because it is usually sung at sporting events and is used frequently by big evil corporations at those events. You guys are getting so transparent. It is getting easier and easier to see through everything you do now.

I just watched several versions of The Star Spangled Banner on YouTube.
It seems you can own the rights to a specific performance, not really the rights to the song itself.

If a starving artist paints the most beautiful picture of the flag, should he be allowed to sell the painting for a profit?

That's not how it works. Any performance of the Star Spangled Banner if played at a MLB game, NBA, or NFL game is owned by those entities and the arranger and composer and performer is ripped off.

ASCAP, SESAC and BMI own the melody but not the words because everyone knows who wrote the words but the composer of the melody is unknown so the corporation stole it and get a royalties when it is played. That is why when stations sign off the air they no longer end with the National Anthem.

OMG I read the article, did you bother to read the article? The persons pulling the singing of the SSB were not republicans they were a foreign soccer club and Conan Obrian. Obrian not exactly a run of the mill Republican.

Once again a failure. Performances of the SSB are copyrighted, not the song, as I read the article.

You were the one who read it wrong. The melody is owned by SESAC, BMI and ASCAP and that is why radio and TV stations no longer play it.

This is just more Republican/Corporate depravity.

You mean to tell me that the corporations that Obama helped to bail out are never run by democrats? Why do you think Obama treats Republicans so well?

The bailout were started by Bush. Stop being so ignorant.

An Inconvenient Truth: It Was George W. Bush Who Bailed Out

You righties are fucking dumb fucks.

So are you giving Bush the credit for saving GM and the economy that Obama claims? Or are you just ignoring that what Bushs started Obama did 10 times more?

I still say nothing beats Kate Smith's God Bless America!

Nice clear and straightforward!!
However
I bet I can make more from Rev Wright singing "God bless America(oh no no no!)" Than you can with Kate Smiths version!

I see how the far left is trying to connect dots where none exist again..

Some other scum of the Earth that are trying to steal the names in Yosemite National Park. I can tell you from our perspective here in California this is sacrilege. Yosemite is one of the crown jewels in California. How in hell can a corporation take names in a national park? It's government land.

Yosemite changes famous names; Ahwahnee sign stolen amid legal fight
Socialism is at fault

I see how the far left is trying to connect dots where none exist again..

Once again a low information low IQ CON is unable to understand the complexities of an issue. As a TV or radio station manager why they no longer play the Star Spangled Banner. The very fact that anyone would collect royalties on any version of America's national anthem proves that corporatists belong in front of a firing squad.

No they should not. Nor should any musician or artist be allowed to create any new or altered arrangenent of the words or music. In fact any public performance of the song that dies not confirm to a reasonable standard (see Rosanbe Barr) should result in fines for the performer and the owner of the venue.

Forum List

Back