Corporate media continues to spread lies about Barack Obama... anyone surprised

jasendorf

May 31, 2006
Ohio
The litany of lies focused at Barack Obama is proof that he has the right-wing running scared. And the corporate media (CNN, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, ABC, Fox, NYT, Clear Channel, etc.) is swinging in full-force to spread lies and mis-information regarding him.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200703200011

Why are corporate interests running scared? Because Obama's a direct threat to their bought-and-paid-for Republican politicians.

Oh, I'm flabberghasted!!!!111oneone111eleven

(OK, maybe I just like writing the word "flabberghasted"...)

The litany of lies focused at Barack Obama is proof that he has the right-wing running scared. And the corporate media (CNN, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, ABC, Fox, NYT, Clear Channel, etc.) is swinging in full-force to spread lies and mis-information regarding him.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200703200011

Why are corporate interests running scared? Because Obama's a direct threat to their bought-and-paid-for Republican politicians.

The right wing isn't running scared. But we are getting tired of the same old jokes about hillery and him running for President. Everybody has had a good laugh, now change jokes and get on with some real business for crying out loud.

Your front-runner is a thrice divorced adulterer who supports gun-control, abortion and gay marriage... you're running scared.

I'm gonna have to side with dillo in his commentary, particularly what I bolded.

So you're saying that because some corporations have endorsed Hilary Clinton for president that gives all people from all plays license to libel and slander Barack Obama?

This whole hypocracy thing the entire world has fixated on for the past several years is absurd. Remember "do as I say; not as I do"? Hypocracy is by no means a virtue, but it doesn't repudiate the message; in fact, it fails to even address it. Rather then meet the challenge head on you have to duck and defer and hide by attacking the messenger. No one in this thread has actually commented on the original issue the OP addressed. Instead, only cries of hypocracy have ensued.

So you're saying that because some corporations have endorsed Hilary Clinton for president that gives all people from all plays license to libel and slander Barack Obama?
Good lord, no. Dillo was making a sarcastic comment and I don't believe he was insinuating that made it okay.

This whole hypocracy thing the entire world has fixated on for the past several years is absurd. Remember "do as I say; not as I do"? Hypocracy is by no means a virtue, but it doesn't repudiate the message; in fact, it fails to even address it. Rather then meet the challenge head on you have to duck and defer and hide by attacking the messenger. No one in this thread has actually commented on the original issue the OP addressed. Instead, only cries of hypocracy have ensued.
I'll address it: they have no right to spear Obama.

I don't see what "lies" the MediaMatters group is referring to... on the black separatist church, for instance, it's not denied that these are the tenets of the church, just complained that his response didn't end the discussion!

Some "lie"...

MediaMatters is run by David Brock, the gay "Republican" who became a Democrat after... I don't know, Republicans weren't paying enough? This guy has ZERO credibility.

I don't see what "lies" the MediaMatters group is referring to... on the black separatist church, for instance, it's not denied that these are the tenets of the church, just complained that his response didn't end the discussion!

Some "lie"...

MediaMatters is run by David Brock, the gay "Republican" who became a Democrat after... I don't know, Republicans weren't paying enough? This guy has ZERO credibility.

the church that Obama attends is NOT a "black separatist" church. THAT itself is a lie. It is affiliated in good standing with the United Church of Christ, which my church in Maine is also affiliated with ...it is hardly "black separatist".

Here is a summary from Media Matters:
In recent months, Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) has been the target of attacks, smears, and innuendo throughout the media. He has been called a Muslim who attended a madrassa and has heard his Christian church in Chicago accused of having a "separatist" doctrine that "contradicts the basic tenets of Christianity"; he has been accused of lying about issues he first addressed in 1995; the media have misrepresented or ignored his past statements to accuse him of dishonesty; he has fended off baseless accusations of scandals; and he has heard playground insults mocking his name and has even listened to media figures question his racial identity.

I'm sorry...but change the name and tweak the accusations and you have the political life story of any major "player" in Washington. Hasn't Bush been the target of attacks, smears, and innuendo throughout the media? Hasn't his religion been questions and mocked and misrepresented? Hasn't he been accused of lying about issues that he hasn't lied about, had his statements misrepresented, had major "corporate" media outlets blatantly attempt to lie and distort in order to smear him? Hasn't he heard playground insults mocking his name and even listend to media figures question almost every aspect of his life?

Hillary Clinton has sufferred the same at the hands of the Right - as did her husband, as did John Kerry, John Edwards, Nancy Pelosi, etc. etc. etc. Condeleeza Rice and Colin Powell, Dick Cheney, Newt Ginrich, etc. etc have sufferred the same at the hands of the Left.

You may want to see Barak as some sort of SuperHero battling corporate interests whereever he goes...but the medias reaction doesn't seem to be anything more than the media continuing to play God as it always wants to...

We show pictures of Condi Rice as a black nursemaid and Obama gets GQ pics of himself in swim suits...Colin Powell is called an Uncle Tom and this site gets upset because Obama was once called Osama Obama by TED KENNEDY and others have since brought it up or made issue that his middle name is Hussein (I wonder if the political columnists would have been above making comment if Bush's middle name had been Hitler or Judas...or if Tom Delays middle name had been Osama - somehow I doubt it.)

At the moment, the media loves Barak Obama - if you can't see that then you are blind. They also love Giulianni - hence why it isn't making an issue of his divorces or his political platforms. The media liked Howard Dean until they realized he couldn't win...then they executed him with the "Scream heard round the world."

The media did that....not the right-wing.

If you are unhappy with Barak Obama's treatment (and truly you are crazy if you are upset with his treatment - every 'scandal' the media looks into is nothing more than a hyped nothing that the media barely covers one day, so it can turn around and say - 'we investigated this story we hyped yesterday, and it was nothing more than a right-wing smear' hint-hint: you should like Barak even more). You really should turn your partisan eyes away from the right-wing...who is sitting comfortably with a lead in almost every poll (even if their candidates aren't "ideal," they will take their less-than-ideal republicans over the ideal democrats any day...and so will more than enough democrats the polls seem to indicate!) waiting while the HILLARY campaign loses sleep over Barak, and turn them to the media - who picks its darlings and coddles them one minute, only to smash them agains the rocks the next.

I might be wrong, but what I got from the media matters link was that Obama has been misrepresented, from the MSM. They were the ones saying he had been in whatever schools, denigrating the 'rumors'. Then Obama himself, both in his first book and later in response to the 'defense' put it out that yes, he had attended Muslim schools. That he had pretty extensive background on Islam.

He's not saying he accepted it/submitted to it, though not saying he didn't. He is saying he is a member of a Christian congregation, which in fact is a rather racist based congregation, but he's NOT commenting on that.

I might be wrong, but what I got from the media matters link was that Obama has been misrepresented, from the MSM. They were the ones saying he had been in whatever schools, denigrating the 'rumors'. Then Obama himself, both in his first book and later in response to the 'defense' put it out that yes, he had attended Muslim schools. That he had pretty extensive background on Islam.

He's not saying he accepted it/submitted to it, though not saying he didn't. He is saying he is a member of a Christian congregation, which in fact is a rather racist based congregation, but he's NOT commenting on that.

it is not a "racist based congregation"...it is a church in the United Church of Christ that ministers primarily to the black community in the Chicago area. I belong to the UCC as well, and, were I in Chicagoland, I would not only feel comfortable worshipping there, I am sure that I would be welcomed there as well...that is how the UCC is.

it is not a "racist based congregation"...it is a church in the United Church of Christ that ministers primarily to the black community in the Chicago area. I belong to the UCC as well, and, were I in Chicagoland, I would not only feel comfortable worshipping there, I am sure that I would be welcomed there as well...that is how the UCC is.

MM, you and I went around on this before. IT is racist, he has the freedom to belong to such, just like William Joyce. :cool:

MM, you and I went around on this before. IT is racist, he has the freedom to belong to such, just like William Joyce. :cool:

the UCC is not racist. The fact that a UCC church sees as its mission to minister to a segment of society not normally reached by that denomination is a good thing....do not denigrate it.

the UCC is not racist. The fact that a UCC church sees as its mission to minister to a segment of society not normally reached by that denomination is a good thing....do not denigrate it.

It IS every bit as racist as if the mission statement of my church said, "Our mission is to support single women with children, who've been victimized by society, blah, blah, blah...

I should have emphasized that instead of racist, my example would have been sexist. The point holds, however.

Forum List

Back