Coronavirus: Trump berates media at jaw-dropping briefing

Put a person with the temperament of a spoiled 12-year old boy in the White House and that's what you get.

We'll get past this.
For Sopel to use the phrase "jaw dropping" is a first. He knows what is going on but plays it straight. Maybe its better for people that Trump is busy making propaganda films than dealing with the crisis. (fake crisis?)
The world could do with some leadership at the moment though.

Send a note to Cuomo and DeBlazio.

They still seem content with the huge death rate in their state.

There are more than 23,000 Americans dead because of coronavirus and more than half a million infected - and remember that, in early March, Donald Trump was saying there were a handful of cases, but that would soon be down to zero.

Yet Donald Trump walked into the briefing room with scores to settle with the media. This wasn't about the dead, the desperately sick, the people fearful of catching the virus. This was about him. And more particularly his profound sense of grievance that the media has been critical of his handling of Covid-19.

This is pretty damning stuff from one of the more milder outlets. I don't know what the reaction is like over there but over here its along the lines of

"2000 Americans dying every day ? Hey lets make a video attacking the media"

When the Captain of the ship goes mad there is a rule that allows the next in command to take over. Isnt there a similar device in your constitution ?

Tommy when I think of the UK, I think of you, and how we're not at all allies anymore, and I vote accordingly. And I make my voice heard accordingly.

We don't need you, Tommy.

But you still need us, and if you ever succeed in sinking us, you'll be in bigger trouble than we will. Then, good luck with Red China. You will really hate your totalitarian overlords. But you small-minded sorts never really do think ahead, do you?

Sue, I know they don't keep you up to date in Russia, but the USA and Great Britain are still allies. In fact GB is the ONLY friend you have left in NATO.

When this all over, GB and the USA will still be allies, and Trump will no longer be President. 22,000 dead Americans while Trump worries over the economy and his re-election, and attacks the media for calling him out on this clusterfuck.

Watching "devout Christians" celebrate the deaths of 22,000 Americans and issue celebratory "take downs" of those who see Trump for the danger he poses. You're a real winner Sue.

You are a huge dumbass.

And no, we don't need G.B.

I mean a very very very big dumbass.

This hoax is about to start ending, but you need to stay in your basement and be very afraid.

There are more than 23,000 Americans dead because of coronavirus and more than half a million infected - and remember that, in early March, Donald Trump was saying there were a handful of cases, but that would soon be down to zero.

Yet Donald Trump walked into the briefing room with scores to settle with the media. This wasn't about the dead, the desperately sick, the people fearful of catching the virus. This was about him. And more particularly his profound sense of grievance that the media has been critical of his handling of Covid-19.

This is pretty damning stuff from one of the more milder outlets. I don't know what the reaction is like over there but over here its along the lines of

When the Captain of the ship goes mad there is a rule that allows the next in command to take over. Isnt there a similar device in your constitution ?

Tommy when I think of the UK, I think of you, and how we're not at all allies anymore, and I vote accordingly. And I make my voice heard accordingly.

But you still need us, and if you ever succeed in sinking us, you'll be in bigger trouble than we will. Then, good luck with Red China. You will really hate your totalitarian overlords. But you small-minded sorts never really do think ahead, do you?

Sue, I know they don't keep you up to date in Russia, but the USA and Great Britain are still allies. In fact GB is the ONLY friend you have left in NATO.

When this all over, GB and the USA will still be allies, and Trump will no longer be President. 22,000 dead Americans while Trump worries over the economy and his re-election, and attacks the media for calling him out on this clusterfuck.

Watching "devout Christians" celebrate the deaths of 22,000 Americans and issue celebratory "take downs" of those who see Trump for the danger he poses. You're a real winner Sue.

Just can't take off that Puritan garb can you?

I'm not celebrating death and you know it. The truth is the PRESS wants to play politics while people are dying and Trump won't let them. For ONCE Trump is not playing their game. He fights fire with fire. Don't like it? Too bad.

Your Puritan Shaming Tactics don't work on me. I have one Judge. You're not it.

Just can't take off that Puritan garb can you?

I'm not celebrating death and you know it. The truth is the PRESS wants to play politics while people are dying and Trump won't let them. For ONCE Trump is not playing their game. He fights fire with fire. Don't like it? Too bad.

Your Puritan Shaming Tactics don't work on me. I have one Judge. You're not it.
I still cant make sense of your rant Are you saying that Trump is above questioning when thousands of Americans are dying every day ?

For Trump it’s solely about getting reelected, not the health and safety of the American people.

And to that end Trump will lie, distort, and use briefings that should be used to inform the people as partisan campaign rallies instead.

the press is dishonest and hate filled,,,sooo

For Trump it’s solely about getting reelected, not the health and safety of the American people.

And to that end Trump will lie, distort, and use briefings that should be used to inform the people as partisan campaign rallies instead.
I think that years after Trump is a bad memory there will be clips of his insanity on the net. Our Great grand children will laugh and then shake their heads in wonder at what a primitive time this was.

D]

Donnie is having a public meltdown as America rejects him and his approval rating continues a downward slope. He is literally going crazy mad on public tv. His supporters, decreasing in numbers, just whine and baaaaa like lost sheep.
Would the correct term for his "decreasing supporters" be the "trump rump" ?
Call it whatever, his polls numbers for approval in general and approval of handling the crisis decrease every day.

the press is dishonest and hate filled,,,sooo
The press is the same way it has been since America's founding when guys like Benjamine Franklyn and Thomas Paine were major voices and King George's followers whined about "free press". The powerful and those in control have always hated and attacked the free press.

The bottom line is, Trump is trying to beat this pandemic and save our economy and almost every Democrat is fighting against him at every turn. I don't know anyone who could have taken that kind of abuse and still perform at such a high and efficient level. In Pa. the legislature just passed a bill to start opening certain businesses safely but it came down to a party line vote with Rs for reopening and Ds against it. It's pretty obvious that even state dems. are going to go against Trump too even if it means killing the economy. Dems and their butt boys in the media are power nuts to the point of being willing to kill the people to get it. They're like having Red China right here in America. Eff them.

The media is an enemy of the people.

It's been way overdue.

I just saw this press conference after three days of being buried in work. Wow. Trump absolutely got his ass handed to him. :auiqs.jpg:
Note to the White House Media department. Might want to proof watch your videos first.
Trump PR Stunt Falls Flat, as White House Video Exposes His Failure to Prepare for Pandemic

The bottom line is, Trump is trying to beat this pandemic and save our economy and almost every Democrat is fighting against him at every turn. I don't know anyone who could have taken that kind of abuse and still perform at such a high and efficient level. In Pa. the legislature just passed a bill to start opening certain businesses safely but it came down to a party line vote with Rs for reopening and Ds against it. It's pretty obvious that even state dems. are going to go against Trump too even if it means killing the economy. Dems and their butt boys in the media are power nuts to the point of being willing to kill the people to get it. They're like having Red China right here in America. Eff them.
Damn those Democrats, they insist on using science and listening to nerdy doctors and experts about diseases and stuff.

Forum List

Back