CORONAVIRUS- Read this Now!

I abhor alarmist, so I fretted posting this.

Coronavirus is on the verge of being a global pandemic if it isn’t already. I urge you all to read this series of tweets, and do your own independent research. Just imagine if the global economy slows by 1% or 10% or even higher for the next 2 quarters. Multiple companies, Apple among them, have already warned of lower first quarter because of this virus. I’ve said my peace.

Kai Kupferschmidt on Twitter
When deaths outpace the common flu, get back to me...
Vasty, who's gonna live forever sez: "When deaths outpace the common flu, get back to me.."​

Grab a bottle of hand sanitizer at Wally World so you will be there when you get our call.

Hand sanitizer won't work; it will not kill viruses. If it has a high alcohol level, that is acceptable. Wash your hands for 20 seconds, preferably with warm water.
Thank you amethyst. The cdc recommends getting an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. It kills viruses if you follow the instructions.

The soap and warm water is likely the most effective since it pretty much gets everything except drinking from a public fountain following a sick person using the fountain.

After shopping I use the sanitizer generously to wash my hands, wipe off with Kleenex, and sanitize again before I start my car. Then I always wash my hands as soon as I enter my home. Flu season is going.

Coronavirus is on the verge of being a global pandemic if it isn’t already. I urge you all to read this series of tweets, and do your own independent research. Just imagine if the global economy slows by 1% or 10% or even higher for the next 2 quarters. Multiple companies, Apple among them, have already warned of lower first quarter because of this virus. I’ve said my peace.

Vasty, who's gonna live forever sez: "When deaths outpace the common flu, get back to me.."​

Grab a bottle of hand sanitizer at Wally World so you will be there when you get our call.
If one manages to survive long enough; something’s bound to kill ya’. It’s just a matter of time...
Yes, dear. Some folks say they don't care at one point, it doesn't matter, but at the end point, they have a different attitude...

Welcome to the mortal coil. None of us make it out alive...

Fool. This thread is not about saving people from dying from CV. It’s intended to make you consider the economic ramifications of a worldwide pandemic. If you have money in a 401k, or IRA, you might Want to get a bit defensive. That’s all I’m saying.

I just read about a man who visited his infected sister in jan. 27 days later, he became sick. Incubation of 27 days?

I agree with you but the flu kills the elderly and infants and people with weakened immune systems...this corona virus is killing young and middle age otherwise very healthy people...I'm definitely paying attention...

No known coronvirsus near West TN, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. I read article linked to MSN suggesting this could be "Desease X" we have been warned about, included quotes from people at our CDC. The Coronavirus May Be ‘Disease X’ Health Experts Warned About
The disease has now spread to more than two dozen countries and territories. Some of those infected caught the virus in their local community and have no known link to China, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said.

“We are not seeing community spread here in the United States yet, but it’s very possible -- even likely -- that it may eventually happen,” Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, told reporters Friday.

I and my traveling companions just came back from our ski trip. 3 or the 5 came back with flu A, but believing we picked it up on the flight out of Memphis from a little asian lady coughing her head of while wearing a mask, we got checked out. Hooray for Influenza A! Stay healthy, everybody.

Another Coronavirus new article peaked my interest, suggesting the government of China let the situation get out of hand by officials downplaying what was happening to hide truth that would not be welcomed to hear by the country's leadership. Made me wonder about whether our government would try to tamp down the truth until it was too late, not that I think they have or are on this. You guys know I already do not trust our government leadership at the present, so take at least a grain of salt with the question. How the Coronavirus Revealed Authoritarianism’s Fatal Flaw
How the Coronavirus Revealed Authoritarianism’s Fatal Flaw

SAN FRANCISCO — Apple on Monday became one of the first companies to reveal how the coronavirus that has gripped China was affecting its business, saying it was cutting its sales expectations for this quarter, which a month ago it had projected to be robust.

Apple Signals Coronavirus’s Threat to Global Businesses

U.S. business activity in February fell to its lowest level in more than six years as companies pulled back on fears that China’s coronavirus outbreak would slow global growth, according to private survey data released Friday.
Coronavirus Hits U.S. Business Activity

I just read about a man who visited his infected sister in jan. 27 days later, he became sick. Incubation of 27 days?
Microbiologists tell us there are many vector routes--all the things I mentioned above, touching an object anywhere that an infected person sneezed on, touched, or bumped into. Vector routes include air, water, dust, sweat, semen or vaginal juices, animals, stepping on bird droppings, then removing shoes and scraping them--the list is endless. And yes, if his sister gave him something or he took something as innocent as a telephone book to call her friends, his exposure could have been latent. Or from someone else.

Some diseases can infect but not kill someone, who becomes a carrier. Typhoid Mary being a case in point. She never suffered the harsher effects of the disease, but everyone she came in contact with got typhoid fever. When authorities got wise, she disappeared by getting outta dodge so to speak.

I agree with you but the flu kills the elderly and infants and people with weakened immune systems...this corona virus is killing young and middle age otherwise very healthy people...I'm definitely paying attention...
Actually, most of the reported deaths are targeting the same.

No known coronvirsus near West TN, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. I read article linked to MSN suggesting this could be "Desease X" we have been warned about, included quotes from people at our CDC. The Coronavirus May Be ‘Disease X’ Health Experts Warned About
The disease has now spread to more than two dozen countries and territories. Some of those infected caught the virus in their local community and have no known link to China, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said.

“We are not seeing community spread here in the United States yet, but it’s very possible -- even likely -- that it may eventually happen,” Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, told reporters Friday.

I and my traveling companions just came back from our ski trip. 3 or the 5 came back with flu A, but believing we picked it up on the flight out of Memphis from a little asian lady coughing her head of while wearing a mask, we got checked out. Hooray for Influenza A! Stay healthy, everybody.

Another Coronavirus new article peaked my interest, suggesting the government of China let the situation get out of hand by officials downplaying what was happening to hide truth that would not be welcomed to hear by the country's leadership. Made me wonder about whether our government would try to tamp down the truth until it was too late, not that I think they have or are on this. You guys know I already do not trust our government leadership at the present, so take at least a grain of salt with the question. How the Coronavirus Revealed Authoritarianism’s Fatal Flaw
That's not how the cdc rolls from my understanding, White 6, and President Trump would never encourage such a thing.

If one manages to survive long enough; something’s bound to kill ya’. It’s just a matter of time...
Yes, dear. Some folks say they don't care at one point, it doesn't matter, but at the end point, they have a different attitude...

Welcome to the mortal coil. None of us make it out alive...

Fool. This thread is not about saving people from dying from CV. It’s intended to make you consider the economic ramifications of a worldwide pandemic. If you have money in a 401k, or IRA, you might Want to get a bit defensive. That’s all I’m saying.

The covid 19 fear will cause an economic
disruption.

Anyway, I bought a Nintendo switch to gift early because I heard switches would run out by April because of the virus. The store told me the animal crossing switch (the one I wanted) had been cancelled due to the virus. This may hurt Nintendo because the new animal crossing game debuts in March.

Coronavirus #BlownOutOfProporton.
It's an I love people thing. ;)
If you love them; you'd be better served by focusing on more detrimental threats. Rather than the new fad threat illness that is responsible for an inconsequential amount of deaths, when transposed against the big picture...
You're talking to an experienced person and one who loved her microbiology classes when studying human health management. ;) It only takes 30 seconds to sanitize your hands with soap and water, doll.

Microbiologists tell us there are many vector routes--all the things I mentioned above, touching an object anywhere that an infected person sneezed on, touched, or bumped into. Vector routes include air, water, dust, sweat, semen or vaginal juices, animals, stepping on bird droppings, then removing shoes and scraping them--the list is endless. And yes, if his sister gave him something or he took something as innocent as a telephone book to call her friends, his exposure could have been latent. Or from someone else.

Some diseases can infect but not kill someone, who becomes a carrier. Typhoid Mary being a case in point. She never suffered the harsher effects of the disease, but everyone she came in contact with got typhoid fever. When authorities got wise, she disappeared by getting outta dodge so to speak.

The other thing they are contemplating is if he was reinfected.

I stopped paying alot of attention after I read the Thais cured it ....I question if that was true now...but

It is a chink knockoff ...I mean c'mon

Colleges across the usa under scrutiny professors going to jail soon enough
The chi coms are on every major us university campus

They should crash thier friggin economy and die ...chalk it up as a win

2fujsj.jpg

Coronavirus #BlownOutOfProporton.
It's an I love people thing. ;)
If you love them; you'd be better served by focusing on more detrimental threats. Rather than the new fad threat illness that is responsible for an inconsequential amount of deaths, when transposed against the big picture...
You're talking to an experienced person and one who loved her microbiology classes when studying human health management. ;) It only takes 30 seconds to sanitize your hands with soap and water, doll.
So no need to work yourself up then...

Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread. Therefore the post that was here is now gone.

Last edited:

That's not how the cdc rolls from my understanding, White 6, and President Trump would never encourage such a thing.
If you are talking about the quote from CDC, well, that was CDC. If you are talking about the link about the Chinese government, I assume you are quite correct, and will actually continue with the assumption until proven otherwise. I'm not full blown paranoid, but maintain healthy skepticism, realizing I have be proven wrong by assuming the best, before.

Not going to bother with the link, but possibly I was wrong when I voiced here that I did not believe the virus came from a lab in Wuhang. Somebody here had posted the assertion. I checked the link and it looked like a nutball site. Now two weeks later, another variation of same is on the New York Post, as linked from today's Drudge report.

Forum List

Back