Coronavirus in Red States

So far, Red States are doing a Victory Dance that they are immune to Coronavirus and it is only a Blue State problem.

Instead of showing leadership, Trump joins them in pretending.

When it comes, Red States will be hit particularly hard by the virus.
Firstly, they are woefully unprepared. They are doing little to discourage public gatherings.....particularly Churches

Secondly, they have a shaky healthcare infrastructure. In many cases people are 50 miles from the nearest healthcare facility. Those facilities are poorly staffed and when the shit hits the fan, they will have no access to critical safety equipment and ventilators.

While they won’t have the fatalities of urban areas, I fear their death rates will be much higher
We totally acknowledge blue cities in red states have the Wuhan virus.

Curious what you leftwingers think everyone should be doing? Everyone just sit home not working...for how long? At this rate of infection, it will take over 15 years to reach “herd immunity”. But isn’t that the goal? So why not start letting more people get exposed?
Herd immunity means cull the herd

So far, Red States are doing a Victory Dance that they are immune to Coronavirus and it is only a Blue State problem.

Firstly, they are woefully unprepared. They are doing little to discourage public gatherings.....particularly Churches

Secondly, they have a shaky healthcare infrastructure. In many cases people are 50 miles from the nearest healthcare facility. Those facilities are poorly staffed and when the shit hits the fan, they will have no access to critical safety equipment and ventilators.

While they won’t have the fatalities of urban areas, I fear their death rates will be much higher

Curious what you leftwingers think everyone should be doing? Everyone just sit home not working...for how long? At this rate of infection, it will take over 15 years to reach “herd immunity”. But isn’t that the goal? So why not start letting more people get exposed?
Cull the herd means putting those infected in Nursing homes and care centers and being half the deaths in New York........

Kinda like the PURGE .........the movie with a virus.........killing Granny and Grandpa by exposing them.

And you would kill off the herd for a few on the outside BTW..........Mr. one liner troll.

Cull the herd means putting those infected in Nursing homes and care centers and being half the deaths in New York........

Kinda like the PURGE .........the movie with a virus.........killing Granny and Grandpa by exposing them.

And you would kill off the herd for a few on the outside BTW..........Mr. one liner troll.
Reminds me of the Lt Governor of Texas who says old people want to die for their country

Reminds me of the Lt Governor of Texas who says old people want to die for their country
Nice attempt to spin away from the policy of New York..........didn't work though......The policy of New York helped kill half their numbers.

Nothing is stopping old people from continuing to isolate and quarantine. The rest of the country needs to get back to work.

As Covid-19 sets a new record daily, politicians are assuring Americans that their “contribution toward reopening our nation’s economy is stable, safe and durable.”

Geez, I am sick of hearing that when the very opposite is true.

In two to three weeks the consequences of the actions taken by politicians may become apparent.

I sincerely hope I am wrong.

The Post reports, "Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “will be teleworking for the next two weeks,” according to a CDC spokesman. Redfield “had a low-risk exposure” on Wednesday to “a person at the White House who has covid-19.” Meanwhile, Stephen Hahn, commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, began to self-quarantine for two weeks after being exposed to an individual who tested positive for the coronavirus, the FDA said late Friday. "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...rus-update-us/

Forum List

Back