Coronavirus Hysteria?

so, is trump right? Are we now suppose to think if we come out of this with 100,000 to 200 thousand deaths, then his team did an excellent job controlling it? That's what the president is saying now....? that there could be 2 MILLION DEATHS, and 100,000 deaths only, would be like a miracle?

You blatant liar. Trump said 100,000 COULD result. In fact he said 'at or below' which you failed to post. Typical CNN bullshit. Yet you believe that shit because if fits your political agenda and to HELL with the American people. GFY

"Trump's assertion came after he was asked about comments the nation's top infectious disease expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci, made earlier Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union" that based on models, 100,000 Americans or more could die from the virus. " Remember too, that is CNN's opinion.......You guys crack me up.

Okee Dokee snowflake, at 100000 deaths or below....

Isn't that a HUGE number of deaths to be considered a good result when he implied over and over again, this virus was a nothing burger.... ?????

And ALL of you Trumpsters have been comparing it to a 35000 deaths for the yearly flu, and how weak this virus really is compared to the flu blah blah blah, we should reopen blah blah blah because we had less than 3000 dead blah blah blah let's open by Easter blah blah blah......

He said 1 to 2 million could die in this pandemic, and 100 to 200000 thousand dead, then said if it were 100000 that would be considered as good results.....

So now 100000 deaths would be in the category of good job done by him.....

Do you think 100,000 Americans DEAD would be worthy of praise for him?

Next week when he then revises and says 200000 people dead, would be a good job for him n team or the week after that when he says 300000 dead, would be a good job.....

Are you going to continue to follow him like a lemming, and start telling us on this board that 200000 or 400000 dead, is still a good job, by this president?
100,000 dead in a population of 327 million would be a fantastic job by the president. That figure is miniscule.

In the medical journal Fauci stated it would likely be no worse than a bad seasonal flu rate.....then, the day after that article came out, he told the anti-Trump, left wing, trever noah on comedy central and the zombies that watch that show, it would be 10 times worse than the flu....

I think Trump has another james comey, john brennan problem....

I think you contemplate rumps quite a bit. Rumps seem to reside in
He just said "A lot of people are dying and it is a very unpleasant thing to go through."
I think he may be starting to understand.
well, you're wrong.
I really need to control my ebullient optimism for his administration, at least until we can vote him the hell out.
Zat all you got out of an 1.5 hour press conference? Are you drinking?
Over all actually a good briefing. Better tone and better knowledge of the score. It actually did sound like he gets it now. Him sounding like he gets it now may not be much to some, but I have mediocre expectations of him due to past performance. So, it was something to me. He didn't say anybody would have to be appreciative, for him to do is job. He only took time to get petulant with a couple of the reporters. he backed off talk of opening by easter and filling the church pews. Somebody got to him, or maybe the story of his friend falling into coma is true and that got to him. I don't know. Any way you slice it or no matter his real motivations, he sounded more like a president, a troubled president, (as well he should be) when possibly coming to grips with the situation the country is facing, not just his presidency, the economy and his re-election, but the situation and lives of the people of this country. The quote was from then end and it was a little rambling, but OK, I would have probably been rambling by that time also.
If you ask me, the reporters were petulant with Trump. Different POV and one which is shared by 60% of the U.S. Population. Trump gives us information about the virus every day and what they are doing, what is recommended, he is surrounded by professional medical experts which he defers to. His optimistic view is ATTACKED by stupid, fucking leftist reporters of which there are (I have noticed) fewer and fewer.
They were not being petulant, just doing their job. Hard questions answered get deeper into the thinking. His job is to answer hard questions. This ain't high school. He has always been thin skinned, but I did make the point that he only did it twice. Sometimes it becomes the sum total of the content of he briefings, especially when speaking off the cuff. He is not very good off the cuff. In the beginning of this mess, it was BS, lies, blowing smoke and sunshine up the butt. Then he wen for Open up by Easter/fill the church pews. I also made the point that his change in tone overall was more appropriate to his office. For him, that's a lot. I'm an Independent. When he sucks, as is often the case, I say so. If I approve I say so and try to point out what he is did or is doing better. I thought I was pretty even handed and optimistic in my evaluation and comments. I will never be a fan, because character counts and he has proven, he lacks it, but I give him his due, when it is due, as I did in my post.
Thier "job' is not somehow divining what the President thinks or what the American people think. They are not reporting they are trying to sway public opinion. Thank God Trump can identify these vermin and out them for thier, pro-illegal alien, anti-American sentiment. No one cares what YOU think is 'appropriate'....... just how intolerant and arrogant can you be anyway? You have already proven you wouldn't know character if it smacked you in your ugly mug.
I guess about as appropriate and intolerant as you, you jerk. You asked if that was all I got out of it, so I expanded. Not important to me if you want to suck trumps dick and think he is more than he is. I did not list to "they", I listened to trump. Been listening to him for over 3 years, mostly not liking it. If you can stomach the outright lies, blaming others for his own shortcomings and whining when he is called out on them, his lack of support for the military in denigrating those wounded in battle for him, disparaging Gold Star Families, interfering in military justice, his pulling troops off the line to at the behest of foreign militatary to attack allies that fought for us, with us, and for him, that's up to you. I do not. If you can accept that in January he was only able to watch his impeachment and tweat, at the expense of handling and reacting to the Corona virus intel he was already getting coming out of China, instead of doing his job to protect this country and the people instead of whining and worrying about his political future
He just said "A lot of people are dying and it is a very unpleasant thing to go through."
well, you're wrong.
I really need to control my ebullient optimism for his administration, at least until we can vote him the hell out.
Over all actually a good briefing. Better tone and better knowledge of the score. It actually did sound like he gets it now. Him sounding like he gets it now may not be much to some, but I have mediocre expectations of him due to past performance. So, it was something to me. He didn't say anybody would have to be appreciative, for him to do is job. He only took time to get petulant with a couple of the reporters. he backed off talk of opening by easter and filling the church pews. Somebody got to him, or maybe the story of his friend falling into coma is true and that got to him. I don't know. Any way you slice it or no matter his real motivations, he sounded more like a president, a troubled president, (as well he should be) when possibly coming to grips with the situation the country is facing, not just his presidency, the economy and his re-election, but the situation and lives of the people of this country. The quote was from then end and it was a little rambling, but OK, I would have probably been rambling by that time also.
If you ask me, the reporters were petulant with Trump. Different POV and one which is shared by 60% of the U.S. Population. Trump gives us information about the virus every day and what they are doing, what is recommended, he is surrounded by professional medical experts which he defers to. His optimistic view is ATTACKED by stupid, fucking leftist reporters of which there are (I have noticed) fewer and fewer.
They were not being petulant, just doing their job. Hard questions answered get deeper into the thinking. His job is to answer hard questions. This ain't high school. He has always been thin skinned, but I did make the point that he only did it twice. Sometimes it becomes the sum total of the content of he briefings, especially when speaking off the cuff. He is not very good off the cuff. In the beginning of this mess, it was BS, lies, blowing smoke and sunshine up the butt. Then he wen for Open up by Easter/fill the church pews. I also made the point that his change in tone overall was more appropriate to his office. For him, that's a lot. I'm an Independent. When he sucks, as is often the case, I say so. If I approve I say so and try to point out what he is did or is doing better. I thought I was pretty even handed and optimistic in my evaluation and comments. I will never be a fan, because character counts and he has proven, he lacks it, but I give him his due, when it is due, as I did in my post.
Thier "job' is not somehow divining what the President thinks or what the American people think. They are not reporting they are trying to sway public opinion. Thank God Trump can identify these vermin and out them for thier, pro-illegal alien, anti-American sentiment. No one cares what YOU think is 'appropriate'....... just how intolerant and arrogant can you be anyway? You have already proven you wouldn't know character if it smacked you in your ugly mug.
No, their job is to ask questions,they think might be of interest to the public of the country. Part of Trumps job is to answer questions from the public. Been that way since the first newspaper. Most presidents just deal with it better, like Reagan, Kennedy, Clinton and to an extent Obama. When he "outs the vermin" as you say, it makes him look like he is afraid to answer questions and is trying to withhold his views from the public. In last week he has actually gotten better. You are the one that asked if my only quote from the presidential briefing was all I go out of it, so I told you. If you don't want to know, don't ask if YOU really don't care, you ignorant, intolerant ass hole. As for Character, did you approve when he lied about Mexico building us a wall, to get elected? Did you approve of him screwing those women, denying he even knew them, denied paying them off to keep them quiet before the election? How about when he stole the money appropriated by congress and signed into law by him from the military budget for schools and construction including rebuilding on Navy base that had be half destroy by a hurricane? What did you think when Putin and Erdogon wanted him to let Turkey invade northern Syria, to attack our allies, the Kurds (who had fought and died besides our troops fighting for his foreign policy. I bet you reall got a kick out of him belittling the soldiers injured in the missile attack on our base in Iraq after he assasinated the Iranian General (who actually did deserve a missile up his but). The man has not ethics or character and neither do you.
Most reporters are respectful of the Office of the President of the U.S. Trump answers them appropriately. The problem is when obviously biased reporters try to characterize Trump as being "too upbeat." It is not their job to foist their opinion on the American Public. Trump addressed that days ago yet still we have this one reporter badgering him. I don't give a shit what that reporter thinks about Trump. I look at actions and so, far, Trump is doing an excellent job.

Last edited:
so, is trump right? Are we now suppose to think if we come out of this with 100,000 to 200 thousand deaths, then his team did an excellent job controlling it? That's what the president is saying now....? that there could be 2 MILLION DEATHS, and 100,000 deaths only, would be like a miracle?

You blatant liar. Trump said 100,000 COULD result. In fact he said 'at or below' which you failed to post. Typical CNN bullshit. Yet you believe that shit because if fits your political agenda and to HELL with the American people. GFY

"Trump's assertion came after he was asked about comments the nation's top infectious disease expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci, made earlier Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union" that based on models, 100,000 Americans or more could die from the virus. " Remember too, that is CNN's opinion.......You guys crack me up.

Isn't that a HUGE number of deaths to be considered a good result when he implied over and over again, this virus was a nothing burger.... ?????

And ALL of you Trumpsters have been comparing it to a 35000 deaths for the yearly flu, and how weak this virus really is compared to the flu blah blah blah, we should reopen blah blah blah because we had less than 3000 dead blah blah blah let's open by Easter blah blah blah......

He said 1 to 2 million could die in this pandemic, and 100 to 200000 thousand dead, then said if it were 100000 that would be considered as good results.....

Next week when he then revises and says 200000 people dead, would be a good job for him n team or the week after that when he says 300000 dead, would be a good job.....

Are you going to continue to follow him like a lemming, and start telling us on this board that 200000 or 400000 dead, is still a good job, by this president?
100,000 dead in a population of 327 million would be a fantastic job by the president. That figure is miniscule.

In the medical journal Fauci stated it would likely be no worse than a bad seasonal flu rate.....then, the day after that article came out, he told the anti-Trump, left wing, trever noah on comedy central and the zombies that watch that show, it would be 10 times worse than the flu....

Rump has the same problem he's had for the duration. Rump has a RUMP problem. Starting with, learning how to STFU.
well, you're wrong.
I guess about as appropriate and intolerant as you, you jerk. You asked if that was all I got out of it, so I expanded. Not important to me if you want to suck trumps dick and think he is more than he is. I did not list to "they", I listened to trump. Been listening to him for over 3 years, mostly not liking it. If you can stomach the outright lies, blaming others for his own shortcomings and whining when he is called out on them, his lack of support for the military in denigrating those wounded in battle for him, disparaging Gold Star Families, interfering in military justice, his pulling troops off the line to at the behest of foreign militatary to attack allies that fought for us, with us, and for him, that's up to you. I do not. If you can accept that in January he was only able to watch his impeachment and tweat, at the expense of handling and reacting to the Corona virus intel he was already getting coming out of China, instead of doing his job to protect this country and the people instead of whining and worrying about his political future
well, you're wrong.
No, their job is to ask questions,they think might be of interest to the public of the country. Part of Trumps job is to answer questions from the public. Been that way since the first newspaper. Most presidents just deal with it better, like Reagan, Kennedy, Clinton and to an extent Obama. When he "outs the vermin" as you say, it makes him look like he is afraid to answer questions and is trying to withhold his views from the public. In last week he has actually gotten better. You are the one that asked if my only quote from the presidential briefing was all I go out of it, so I told you. If you don't want to know, don't ask if YOU really don't care, you ignorant, intolerant ass hole. As for Character, did you approve when he lied about Mexico building us a wall, to get elected? Did you approve of him screwing those women, denying he even knew them, denied paying them off to keep them quiet before the election? How about when he stole the money appropriated by congress and signed into law by him from the military budget for schools and construction including rebuilding on Navy base that had be half destroy by a hurricane? What did you think when Putin and Erdogon wanted him to let Turkey invade northern Syria, to attack our allies, the Kurds (who had fought and died besides our troops fighting for his foreign policy. I bet you reall got a kick out of him belittling the soldiers injured in the missile attack on our base in Iraq after he assasinated the Iranian General (who actually did deserve a missile up his but). The man has not ethics or character and neither do you.
Most reporters are respectful of the Office of the President of the U.S. Trump answers them appropriately. The problem is when obviously biased reporters try to characterize Trump as being "too upbeat." It is not their job to foist their opinion on the American Public. Trump addressed that days ago yet still we have this one reporter badgering him. I don't give a shit what that reporter thinks about Trump. I look at actions and so, far, Trump is doing an excellent job.
Most presidents are respectful of the office of President of the United States. He doesn't respect the office, this country, the public, the military or foreign leaders with the exception of a few dictators, autocrats, and communists. Pretty surprised his hand didn't smoke when he put it on the bible to take the oath, before he forsook it. Now you're gonna whine, "He don't get no respect." Who'd you vote for Rodney Dangerfield?

And this from the archives of "just say anything"
The only hysteria is among the dishonest, blind partisan right desperately trying to downplay the severity of the outbreak
So the hysteria is caused by those downplaying it :abgg2q.jpg: ...do you understand how contradictory that is? your rush to get to the "bash trump" portion of your post is what causes these type of screaming blunders.
Hi C_Clayton_Jones and Frankeneinstein May I throw in a Thanks to CCJ and Hallelujah Hail Mary Jesus God,
We actually AGREE on both points here.
How about that, miracles of miracles.

1. I totally agree that too many right wing are downplaying the urgency of high escalations and hospitalization surges, because they focus on the media hype of "death rates" that aren't even the issue here.
Death might be a blessing in disguise if it stops treatment so medical help can be applied to those who recover. Its bad.
2. I agree the liberal Democrats and media share blame by crying "Wolf" on false alarms for political agenda for too long over multiple scandals, that when a real crisis happens, nobody knows what to believe in the media from either side.
3. There is also more going on in between. The right wing don't mean to downplay out of not caring, any more than leftwing don't mean to cause harm by politicizing this. In truth, neither the Chinese nor Trump or anyone else can grasp the enormity. The adult mind will retreat and project the ideas we are used to from previous experiences. We have no real frame of reference, any more than we have previous exposure or immunity. We are all going into this blind, so it gives us stability to lean on the frameworks we argued about in the past.

We are all facing a harsh reality coming at us like a tsunami. None of us can quite see what's coming. But in the respite before the storm, and the awe before the real surge hits, I want to stop and thank you for this brief moment where I can actually agree with C_Clayton_Jones about the mass fail in thinking this is all motivated by political agenda and it's not as bad as it looks. It's worse. So much worse that we are taking time to breathe and enjoy life doing what we normally do because we may not have that luxury after this.

Thank you both for sharing, I pray we wake up as better people and be so glad for what we gain, that we forgive whatever we lose.

As death projections continue to plummet, the current hysteria over the Coronavirus may be peaking. New treatments seem to be effective, and quarantining the entire population is now justified on the basis of smoothing the curve of people needing hospital care rather than as a legitimate protective therapy.

Quarantining particularly susceptible people is obviously warranted, but isolating the general population only postpones their eventual immunity while destroying our economy. Who wants to do that?
People who have elections coming up. Sadly, this has become political. So instead of talking about our best options, people are already throwing around death stats and placing the blame. The blame is across the ocean, not on the other side of the political isle. Don’t get me wrong, we need to be all f***ing hands on deck. My hospital is slammed right now, and I’m working an extra 2 hours a day as a stick nurse...and only what, 1% of the population is infected? Maybe it’s up to 5%. Whatever, point is, imagine when this is up to 25%? It’s not going to be pretty. If we continue with this self quarantine indefinitely, by the time we’re just getting over this virus, it will mutate and we’ll be at it again. This will probably kill off that 1-2% of the population susceptible to it within a decade. We need to get that thought through our heads. We’re officially out of good options. So might as well prep like mothertruckers for a month, month and a half, then open it back up and brace ourselves. The sooner we get herd immunity, the better. We’ll be ready for this when it mutates again.

The only hysteria is among the dishonest, blind partisan right desperately trying to downplay the severity of the outbreak, fearful that Trump’s failure to address the crisis will cost Republicans the WH this November.

This thread is further proof of that.

“DETROIT (AP) — The coronavirus continued its unrelenting spread across the United States with fatalities doubling in two days and authorities saying Saturday that an infant who tested positive had died. It pummeled big cities like New York, Detroit, New Orleans and Chicago, and made its way, too, into rural America as hotspots erupted in small Midwestern towns and Rocky Mountain ski havens.

[…]

Worldwide infections surpassed the 660,000 mark with more than 30,000 deaths as new cases also stacked up quickly in Europe, according to a tally by Johns Hopkins University. The U.S. leads the world in reported cases with more than 120,000. Confirmed deaths surpassed 2,000 on Saturday, twice the number just two days before, highlighting how quickly infections are escalating. Still, five countries have higher death tolls: Italy, Spain, China, Iran and France. Italy has more than 10,000 deaths, the most of any country.”

U.S. is now at approx. 1.7% death rate among identified cases. The rest of the world is about 5%. Italy counts all deaths as coronavirus so their stats are fucked in the first place, china is likely lying. Also, remember, the U.S. has tested far more. The spread is not 'unrelenting' it is centered in Sanctuary Cities like NY. Now, go spread misinformation elsewhere please. Better yet, go hide behind your mommie's apron.

Cute fantasy. But let's do the actual numbers. See columns 4, 6 and 10, compare to "World" right at the top and explain to us how that's "winning".

Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Deaths/
1M pop
1st
case
World721,293+58,16633,944+3,083151,004536,34526,78992.54.4Jan 10
USA141,781+18,2032,471+2514,435134,8752,9704287Jan 20
Italy97,689+5,21710,779+75613,03073,8803,9061,616178Jan 29
China81,4393,30075,4482,691742572Jan 10
Spain80,110+6,8756,803+82114,70958,5984,1651,713146Jan 30
Germany62,095+4,400533+1009,21152,3511,9797416Jan 26
France40,174+2,5992,606+2927,20230,3664,63261540Jan 23
Iran38,309+2,9012,640+12312,39123,2783,20645631Feb 18
UK19,522+2,4331,228+20913518,15916328818Jan 30
Switzerland14,829+753300+361,59512,9343011,71335Feb 24
Netherlands10,866+1,104771+1322509,84597263445Feb 26
Belgium10,836+1,702431+781,3599,04686793537Feb 03
S. Korea9,583+105152+85,0334,398591873Jan 19
Turkey9,217+1,815131+231058,9815681092Mar 09
Austria8,788+51786+184798,2

China is hands down lying. Underreporting by a factor of at least 15 all the way up to 40. That’s according to UK scientist. China is the perfect place for this virus to wreak havoc. No 3 week shutdown is going to magically fix that. Also, the EU should basically be seen as 1 country since they treat travel that way. It’s second to China as being the perfect place for a pandemic to spread within its boarders, to spread outside of its boarders it’s number 1. But there are cultural differences among the countries EU that also become factors, but in terms of the virus spreading, they love their planes and trains over there. But for instance in Italy, the family unit is tighter, and you greet with a kiss. Plus some dumb f*** Italian politicians thought it was a good idea to have “hug a Chinese day” in the midst of this, which partially explains why they’re getting rocked harder than Greece, where it’s also customary to greet with a kiss.

Anyway, the numbers aren’t going to be good anywhere. Once you stop shutdowns there will be re-emergence. Sweden is the only country left with some testiklars and they’re quarantining the at risk pop, and letting everything else stay open. It’ll be interesting to see how they do in the next couple of months.

Rump has the same problem he's had for the duration. Rump has a RUMP problem. Starting with, learning how to STFU.
well, you're wrong.
well, you're wrong.
Most presidents are respectful of the office of President of the United States. He doesn't respect the office, this country, the public, the military or foreign leaders with the exception of a few dictators, autocrats, and communists. Pretty surprised his hand didn't smoke when he put it on the bible to take the oath, before he forsook it. Now you're gonna whine, "He don't get no respect." Who'd you vote for Rodney Dangerfield?
Frankly, it's more like the MSM and TDSers don't respect the office. Because they hate Trump. Simple really.

well, you're wrong.
well, you're wrong.
Frankly, it's more like the MSM and TDSers don't respect the office. Because they hate Trump. Simple really.
Respect is earned not given. He could have done a lot better during the first 3 years if he wanted any respect from the left, the public in general, our allies, and our adversaries. Due to his lack of character, his three wive don't even repect him. He's toast.

This is what we’re going to have to accept. I’m glad they’re being honest about the numbers. Mind you, that’s a best case scenario. NO-ONE has immunity. Therefore effectively everyone will get it. It’s going to be that way everywhere. Once the lock downs come to an end, it will re-emerge. Who knows maybe by that time it’ll die down in the news, but I doubt it. I’ve been trying to tell y’all how badly China screwed the pooch on this for the rest of the world. I’ve been calling this a the biggest crime against humanity in our lifetime on China’s part. It’s going to be really bad for everyone. At least with Chernobyl that was contained to that area, and very few people died. Not this. Millions dead across the globe. Y’all haven’t seen anything yet. It’s going to be bad.

well, you're wrong.
well, you're wrong.
Respect is earned not given. He could have done a lot better during the first 3 years if he wanted any respect from the left, the public in general, our allies, and our adversaries. Due to his lack of character, his three wive don't even repect him. He's toast.
The left knows nothing about respect all they deal in is hatred.

The only hysteria is among the dishonest, blind partisan right desperately trying to downplay the severity of the outbreak
So the hysteria is caused by those downplaying it :abgg2q.jpg: ...do you understand how contradictory that is? your rush to get to the "bash trump" portion of your post is what causes these type of screaming blunders.
Hi C_Clayton_Jones and Frankeneinstein May I throw in a Thanks to CCJ and Hallelujah Hail Mary Jesus God,

1. I totally agree that too many right wing are downplaying the urgency of high escalations and hospitalization surges, because they focus on the media hype of "death rates" that aren't even the issue here.
Death might be a blessing in disguise if it stops treatment so medical help can be applied to those who recover. Its bad.
2. I agree the liberal Democrats and media share blame by crying "Wolf" on false alarms for political agenda for too long over multiple scandals, that when a real crisis happens, nobody knows what to believe in the media from either side.
3. There is also more going on in between. The right wing don't mean to downplay out of not caring, any more than leftwing don't mean to cause harm by politicizing this. In truth, neither the Chinese nor Trump or anyone else can grasp the enormity. The adult mind will retreat and project the ideas we are used to from previous experiences. We have no real frame of reference, any more than we have previous exposure or immunity. We are all going into this blind, so it gives us stability to lean on the frameworks we argued about in the past.

We are all facing a harsh reality coming at us like a tsunami. None of us can quite see what's coming. But in the respite before the storm, and the awe before the real surge hits, I want to stop and thank you for this brief moment where I can actually agree with C_Clayton_Jones about the mass fail in thinking this is all motivated by political agenda and it's not as bad as it looks. It's worse. So much worse that we are taking time to breathe and enjoy life doing what we normally do because we may not have that luxury after this.

Thank you both for sharing, I pray we wake up as better people and be so glad for what we gain, that we forgive whatever we lose.
Conservatives are desperately trying to downplay the severity of the pandemic because they believe that it will hurt Trump’s chances at reelection.

Trump supporters know that if we’re in a recession with millions of Americans out of work the voters will take it out on Trump – exactly what happened in 1992.

We see proof of this on this very forum with threads started by rightists questioning the validity of healthcare professionals and the necessary steps taken to safeguard the lives and safety of the American people.

Conservatives are desperately trying to downplay the severity of the pandemic because they believe that it will hurt Trump’s chances at reelection.

Trump supporters know that if we’re in a recession with millions of Americans out of work the voters will take it out on Trump – exactly what happened in 1992.

We see proof of this on this very forum with threads started by rightists questioning the validity of healthcare professionals and the necessary steps taken to safeguard the lives and safety of the American people.
TDSers are using this virus to try to get at Trump. RUSSIA! didn't work, Phone call-gate didn't work, now they are trying to blame Trump for a virus. Pathetic.

well, you're wrong.
well, you're wrong.
Well go find someone on the left and confront them about it. I'm not on the left and have simply pointed out truths of his management style, winning ways, and lack of character and judgment. If they cannot state a legitimate reason for their disdain, other than whining "he from the other side", then you would be correct to give them hell. You have been responding all butt hurt on this thread ever since I posted what he had done right in Sunday's briefing as far as tone, and message and presidential speech,while minimizing his momentary slips with answering reporters. If I had known you would react they way you have, I would not have bother to answer you when you first ask if my one quote from his speech was all I took away from speech. Being an Independent, I answered your querry, simply to make sure I do note and comment when he is doing better on something he usually fails at or does some I totally support. It ain't often, but when I do, don't play butt hurt trump toad with me, just because I don't sing praises, throw roses and bow down because he gets something more fight than usual. One "atta boy" does not cover the myriad of "as shits."

well, you're wrong.
well, you're wrong.
Well go find someone on the left and confront them about it. I'm not on the left and have simply pointed out truths of his management style, winning ways, and lack of character and judgment. If they cannot state a legitimate reason for their disdain, other than whining "he from the other side", then you would be correct to give them hell. You have been responding all butt hurt on this thread ever since I posted what he had done right in Sunday's briefing as far as tone, and message and presidential speech,while minimizing his momentary slips with answering reporters. If I had known you would react they way you have, I would not have bother to answer you when you first ask if my one quote from his speech was all I took away from speech. Being an Independent, I answered your querry, simply to make sure I do note and comment when he is doing better on something he usually fails at or does some I totally support. It ain't often, but when I do, don't play butt hurt trump toad with me, just because I don't sing praises, throw roses and bow down because he gets something more fight than usual. One "atta boy" does not cover the myriad of "as shits."
No one cares what you think about Trump's management style or what you think about his character.

well, you're wrong.
well, you're wrong.
No one cares what you think about Trump's management style or what you think about his character.
You apparently do or you would not keep coming back for more. The rest of us are already well familiar with his management style and hiring style as demonstrated by his revolving door staffing at the white house and various cabinet positions, plus the character of his jailed allies, close associates, and staff. When it comes to character, birds of a feather flock together. Typical for UN-indicted Co-conspirator #1.

The only hysteria is among the dishonest, blind partisan right desperately trying to downplay the severity of the outbreak, fearful that Trump’s failure to address the crisis will cost Republicans the WH this November.

“DETROIT (AP) — The coronavirus continued its unrelenting spread across the United States with fatalities doubling in two days and authorities saying Saturday that an infant who tested positive had died. It pummeled big cities like New York, Detroit, New Orleans and Chicago, and made its way, too, into rural America as hotspots erupted in small Midwestern towns and Rocky Mountain ski havens.

[…]

Worldwide infections surpassed the 660,000 mark with more than 30,000 deaths as new cases also stacked up quickly in Europe, according to a tally by Johns Hopkins University. The U.S. leads the world in reported cases with more than 120,000. Confirmed deaths surpassed 2,000 on Saturday, twice the number just two days before, highlighting how quickly infections are escalating. Still, five countries have higher death tolls: Italy, Spain, China, Iran and France. Italy has more than 10,000 deaths, the most of any country.”

U.S. is now at approx. 1.7% death rate among identified cases. The rest of the world is about 5%. Italy counts all deaths as coronavirus so their stats are fucked in the first place, china is likely lying. Also, remember, the U.S. has tested far more. The spread is not 'unrelenting' it is centered in Sanctuary Cities like NY. Now, go spread misinformation elsewhere please. Better yet, go hide behind your mommie's apron.

Cute fantasy. But let's do the actual numbers. See columns 4, 6 and 10, compare to "World" right at the top and explain to us how that's "winning".

Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Deaths/
1M pop
1st
case

China is hands down lying. Underreporting by a factor of at least 15 all the way up to 40. That’s according to UK scientist. China is the perfect place for this virus to wreak havoc. No 3 week shutdown is going to magically fix that. Also, the EU should basically be seen as 1 country since they treat travel that way. It’s second to China as being the perfect place for a pandemic to spread within its boarders, to spread outside of its boarders it’s number 1. But there are cultural differences among the countries EU that also become factors, but in terms of the virus spreading, they love their planes and trains over there. But for instance in Italy, the family unit is tighter, and you greet with a kiss. Plus some dumb f*** Italian politicians thought it was a good idea to have “hug a Chinese day” in the midst of this, which partially explains why they’re getting rocked harder than Greece, where it’s also customary to greet with a kiss.

Anyway, the numbers aren’t going to be good anywhere. Once you stop shutdowns there will be re-emergence. Sweden is the only country left with some testiklars and they’re quarantining the at risk pop, and letting everything else stay open. It’ll be interesting to see how they do in the next couple of months.

Cute paranoia fantasy but the numbers are the numbers, you don't get to massage, pick and choose or selectively group with vauge stabs in the dark like "they love their planes and trains over there". And Sweden, we did that -- their numbers are no different from anybody else, regardless how much they love planes and trains. It does indeed take two to three weeks to starve the virus out, that's been shown, so yes a lockdown of that duration would plausibly arrest a spread.

*As far as the China numbers and the blank space of new cases, that's because those numbers are entered once a day cumulatively, rather than kept up continuously as other countries are. That's not a secret -- it's been plainly stated right on the site throughout. But unless you have alternate numbers you can't disprove them. ALL of these numbers are stabs in the dark other than the easily-counted ones like deaths.

We keep noting the case of this town (in Italia) which eradicated the virus, not by locking everything down but by testing literally everybody, symptomatic or not, to identify the silent carriers and then quarantining THEM. It worked. It's one thing to do that on a town level, quite another task to test an entire massive population, so unless and until that can be done to identify those silent carriers, lockdown may be going after a mosquito with a cannon, but it does the job.

Last edited:

well, you're wrong.
well, you're wrong.

I'm not sure which is more hilarious --- the helpless addiction to sweeping generalizations that leads one to append personality traits to political sides, or the hapless way they keep trying to paint callouts of obvious character flaws as a "political" side. Cultism is so weird. It's as if they're incapable of thinking outside a false dichotomy.

well, you're wrong.
well, you're wrong.

Hatred yet shocked when they get hatred in return. They deal in an unimaginable torrent of lies yet are offended when told the truth.

[…]

Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Deaths/
1M pop
1st
case

Cute paranoia fantasy but the numbers are the numbers, you don't get to massage, pick and choose or selectively group with vauge stabs in the dark like "they love their planes and trains over there". And Sweden, we did that -- their numbers are no different from anybody else, regardless how much they love planes and trains. It does indeed take two to three weeks to starve the virus out, that's been shown, so yes a lockdown of that duration would plausibly arrest a spread.

*As far as the China numbers and the blank space of new cases, that's because those numbers are entered once a day cumulatively, rather than kept up continuously as other countries are. That's not a secret -- it's been plainly stated right on the site throughout. But unless you have alternate numbers you can't disprove them. ALL of these numbers are stabs in the dark other than the easily-counted ones like deaths.

We keep noting the case of this town (in Italia) which eradicated the virus, not by locking everything down but by testing literally everybody, symptomatic or not, to identify the silent carriers and then quarantining THEM. It worked. It's one thing to do that on a town level, quite another task to test an entire massive population, so unless and until that can be done to identify those silent carriers, lockdown may be going after a mosquito with a cannon, but it does the job.
You’re delusional. You actually believe the UK would put out propaganda and China is the one telling the truth? You also don’t know how this disease works, or diseases in general. Wherever you are getting your news from, you’re severely misinformed. Us, in the medical science community actual read scientific material about this, from doctors and scientists. Not hacks with journalism degrees selling clicks. No one believes China’s numbers. The one number they forgot to fudge is the amount of Urns they’re ordering. That’s up like 500%. Funny how that happens.

We have these things scientist like to do called modeling. Where we put things called numbers, variables, and conditions into computers. They base the numbers, variables, and conditions off of a magic called science. Then they run simulations with those magical things called numbers, variables, and conditions. Those simulations are called models, and they paint accurate pictures of what things will look like. Lock downs don’t stop the virus in its tracks, they just slow the spread. Re-emergence with a exponential rise will happen as soon as lockdowns stop. 6 foot distancing rules are as useful as duck and cover in a nuclear attack. You’re going to catch this and I’ll bet money that’ll be from using a card reader at a grocery store. Whether you actually get substantially sick from it or not is a different story.

[…]

Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Deaths/
1M pop
1st
case

You’re delusional. You actually believe the UK would put out propaganda and China is the one telling the truth? You also don’t know how this disease works, or diseases in general. Wherever you are getting your news from, you’re severely misinformed. Us, in the medical science community actual read scientific material about this, from doctors and scientists. Not hacks with journalism degrees selling clicks. No one believes China’s numbers. The one number they forgot to fudge is the amount of Urns they’re ordering. That’s up like 500%. Funny how that happens.

We have these things scientist like to do called modeling. Where we put things called numbers, variables, and conditions into computers. They base the numbers, variables, and conditions off of a magic called science. Then they run simulations with those magical things called numbers, variables, and conditions. Those simulations are called models, and they paint accurate pictures of what things will look like. Lock downs don’t stop the virus in its tracks, they just slow the spread. Re-emergence with a exponential rise will happen as soon as lockdowns stop. 6 foot distancing rules are as useful as duck and cover in a nuclear attack. You’re going to catch this and I’ll bet money that’ll be from using a card reader at a grocery store. Whether you actually get substantially sick from it or not is a different story.

Doesn't matter one iota what I "believe" anyone "would" do. You DON"T get to just discount the numbers you have because you wish they said something different. Again, come up with some other numbers from a credible source, and you'll have a point. But simply going "waaah, that game didn't count" because it didn't come out the way you expected, is not argument.

Forum List

Back