Coronavirus could infect 35 to 70 per cent of Canadians, experts say

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
This as just reiterated by out health officials (they said 30-70% I believe).

So, if we are shutting down sports leagues, NBA, looks like NHL will follow, where do we go from there?

In Toronto the subway system is a sardine at Rush Hour. So, if business still goes on, if Wall Street is still open, if life goes on otherwise, does this make sense?

I'm confused about the reaction of sports league vs the rest of the economy. How is the risk apparently high for one and not the other?

If people are forced to stay home from work, sounds like one very big bailout, at least in Canada where banks used to be (still are covertly), Crown Corporations.

Hockey players are tougher.
The Hanson Bros would not sit out over some lil' old virus!

Used to be. The sport has changed, for the better I might add.

Pardon me?
I'll have you know that you are talking to an ex Broad St. Bully fan!

I like tough checking hockey, not the bullying that the Flyers engaged in.

As it were, the sport is fast and talent laden now, the slugs are out of the game, save for a few who can actually play and skate who once in awhile have to stick up for teammates.

Granny says, "Mebbe dat'll stop `em...

... from comin' down here...

... an' snatchin' people...

... to live inna far north!"

So, if we are shutting down sports leagues, NBA, looks like NHL will follow, where do we go from there?

In Toronto the subway system is a sardine at Rush Hour. So, if business still goes on, if Wall Street is still open, if life goes on otherwise, does this make sense?

I'm confused about the reaction of sports league vs the rest of the economy. How is the risk apparently high for one and not the other?

If people are forced to stay home from work, sounds like one very big bailout, at least in Canada where banks used to be (still are covertly), Crown Corporations.

If you or anyonne you know take meds u should try to stock up on them

upload_2020-3-12_12-49-8.png

Tom Cotton: Coronavirus Outbreak Is ‘Moment of Reckoning’ Between U.S. and China

If you or anyonne you know take meds u should try to stock up on them

View attachment 312027
Tom Cotton: Coronavirus Outbreak Is ‘Moment of Reckoning’ Between U.S. and China

This would be a boon for Canada. We can send some over at a very tidy profit too (not too extreme, but we have a few capitalists here too, though rare).

Decouple from China and buy our stuff. Pharmaceuticals is one of the few industries we have some talent, most of the knock off generics are made in Canada I believe.

Forum List

Back