~Corn On The Cob~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
Damn, corn on the cob is some of the messiest food there is to eat!
I wanna know, how do you eat your corn on the cob??
Do you eat from right to left, or left to right, like an old fashioned typewriter way??
Or do you eat starting at one end, and turn the cob as you go, then make your way down to the other end??
And how do you butter your corn??
Butter it and salt it all at once...before you begin to eat??......or do you butter a small area, then eat that buttered part, then butter another part and so on??
Me, I don't eat corn on the cob in restaurants or even public gatherings, the mess makes me feel horrible, I feel like butter is smeared all over my face, and I just can't stand that, so I use a knife and cut mine from the cob, if it is served in a public gathering.
Then, I'm weird when it comes to eating it.
I butter and salt, one strip...one line, if you will...and then eat that one buttered and salted line.
Then when that is finished, I butter me a next line and do the same. I never butter the entire ear of corn at once. :lol:

I grew up eating it like a typewriter and then switched to the rolling method as an adult. I melt butter in a shallow dish, roll the corn in it, then place in a Ziploc sealed 2/3 and microwave 2 1/2 minutes per ear. When it comes out, I roll it in the butter again.:eusa_drool: I prefer to pepper rather than salt, sometimes even use Tony Chachere's creole seasoning. Once in a blue moon I'll spread some sour cream on it.

Step 1: butter the whole cob
Step 2: salt and pepper the whole cob
Step 3: Start at the end that looks the best, usually the butt end and move down the cob until one row is finished, then proceed to the next row. (Damn that could be erotic there)

Yes it is messy but that is part of it. The only thing I don't like is the roof of my mouth is always burned from the hot corn. And yes I do have all my teeth!!!

Note: Thats why they give you napkins in the restaurants.

Step 1: butter the whole cob
Step 2: salt and pepper the whole cob
Step 3: Start at the end that looks the best, usually the butt end and move down the cob until one row is finished, then proceed to the next row. (Damn that could be erotic there)

Yes it is messy but that is part of it. The only thing I don't like is the roof of my mouth is always burned from the hot corn. And yes I do have all my teeth!!!

Note: Thats why they give you napkins in the restaurants.

Ouuuuuuu zzzzzzzzzzzzz...you silly stinker you :lol:
And....I wasn't aware corn had an ass :disbelief:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back