Cops SAVE two lives

I think it would be a nice way to change things up for the police to save someone from death WITHOUT killing someone else.

How do you suppose this cop was to do that without killing the attacker? She was mid-swing with the knife headed toward the victim's neck. Nothing short of brilliant, accurate, decisive, gun shot would have saved that girl's life.

And the dead attacker had her whole life ahead of her, her school principal said; had it all written out how her life was going to go. I guess the little wannabe murderess just forgot to put in murder two people and go to prison for life as the first two bullet points. After all, she still could have her college education and even entrepreneurship while in prison. Cop just cut it short and deprived her of her planned life as a prisoner.

Disarming someone who has a knife without killing them is not as difficult as you might think.
And you think the cop had a couple seconds to think, "this is a black girl; I don't have to walk up to her and ask her politely to give me the knife; I can just shoot her."

She was literally mid-swing, actually more like 80% completed on the swing to put the knife in the girl-in-pink's neck. There is no human being that could close the distance in time, no other weapon, no other thing in today's police tool set, other than their gun, that could be deployed in time to saved girl-in-pink's life. Nothing. And even for that, he had milliseconds to make the decision to shoot.

They teach how to do it in martial arts classes, dumbass.

I've studied martial arts for years and I've intentionally focused on gun and weapon retention as well as disarming for guns and knives. First off, anything in martial arts only works when you're close enough to touch the bad guy. THe cop wasn't. Before the cop could have gotten close enough, girl-in-pink would have been dead.

Next, dumbass, the entire premise of martial arts is to build muscle memory on how to deal with various situations. You can't stop and think about what to do; it has to be automatic. Just how many martial arts classes teach how to reach up to an arm swinging at another person, not at you, and disarm them. Oh, sure, you practice things that you could adapt if you grab her arm and she ends up in a position close enough to match your training or adaptable to your training but even that's a big if. And, once again, all of that depends upon you being within close combat range to the attacker. Idiot.

A knife is almost never lethal and definitely not the way she was holding it.
So the threat being defended against was not lethal.

There were also other alternatives, like yelling, firing a warning shot, closing in for a baton strike, etc.

You're an idiot.

A knife makes a bigger hole than most gunshots. A knife randomly in the neck is far more likely to hit the carotid than a bullet. The cop had already been yelling and the girl had pushed, I think it was, grandma down and was going to stab grandma when she saw the cop and ran the other direction so she could get at least one of them stabbed before the cop got to her.

There was time for one thing and even a few milliseconds delay would have prevented even the gun shot from saving a life.

To show him why I will not discuss anything with him.
Because you can't win the argument. You make shit up about which you literally know nothing and then you get called on it. Then, when you can't defend your argument, your response is "fuck off." You lose.

Crazed person trying to stab 2 people shot dead by police called to protect others.

THAT should be the headline but we have a media willing to goto any length to make money from a gotcha headline intended to get clicks and bank that advertiser money.

I know the "rules" call for a clean thread start but FUCK THIS BULLSHIT. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Until the demand for an HONEST media and a truthful look at the facts becomes the norm we should all be outraged at the portrayal of these types of events. These headlines and the grief pimps that promote them need to STOP
Link?

You haven't seen the video? Seriously, Creep?
What video?

Crazed person trying to stab 2 people shot dead by police called to protect others.

THAT should be the headline but we have a media willing to goto any length to make money from a gotcha headline intended to get clicks and bank that advertiser money.

I know the "rules" call for a clean thread start but FUCK THIS BULLSHIT. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Until the demand for an HONEST media and a truthful look at the facts becomes the norm we should all be outraged at the portrayal of these types of events. These headlines and the grief pimps that promote them need to STOP
I agree with you on this one. The story should be about the cop saving a teenage girl not a white cop killing a black teenage girl. The girl in the pink jumpsuit should be on TV right now thanking that man.

The police should not be executioner.
Even if the knife had made contact, it is not at all likely to have been fatal.
The 4 shots were way over kill and ensured death.
And shots were a terrible choice because the girl in pink was right behind the one with the knife, and could easily have also been killed by the shots.
Taser, baton, warning shot, etc., all would have been vastly superior.
Let somebody stab you. I mean, it's no big deal, right?

I agree with you on this one. The story should be about the cop saving a teenage girl not a white cop killing a black teenage girl. The girl in the pink jumpsuit should be on TV right now thanking that man.

The police should not be executioner.
Even if the knife had made contact, it is not at all likely to have been fatal.
The 4 shots were way over kill and ensured death.
And shots were a terrible choice because the girl in pink was right behind the one with the knife, and could easily have also been killed by the shots.
Taser, baton, warning shot, etc., all would have been vastly superior.
The 16-year old thugette was a porker. He could not have missed.

They were moving around, and the recoil can cause one of the rapid fire in succession to have been off.
If shooting could be that accurate, then a club in the arm, head, etc., could easily have been just as effectively aimed.
Then there also is the taser choice.
Of why not a warning shot?
Nothing lost by trying these alternatives.
A life could be.

You're upset about one black life being lost, but everything you say encourages the other black life being lost.

A knife is almost never lethal and definitely not the way she was holding it.
So the threat being defended against was not lethal.

There were also other alternatives, like yelling, firing a warning shot, closing in for a baton strike, etc.

On April 20th, as if to refute your claim, a 13yr. old girl stabbed to death another 13 yr. old girl with a
pocket knife. Tell us again how this almost never happens.

Too bad there was no cop there to intercede.

Disarming someone who has a knife without killing them is not as difficult as you might think.
And you think the cop had a couple seconds to think, "this is a black girl; I don't have to walk up to her and ask her politely to give me the knife; I can just shoot her."

She was literally mid-swing, actually more like 80% completed on the swing to put the knife in the girl-in-pink's neck. There is no human being that could close the distance in time, no other weapon, no other thing in today's police tool set, other than their gun, that could be deployed in time to saved girl-in-pink's life. Nothing. And even for that, he had milliseconds to make the decision to shoot.
Outta the park, Woodwork. I nominate your series of posts for best of the week. When you drop the name calling these would rank at the top series of posts of the year. When you decide to drop the refuse acknowledgements people will want you to represent them in the Senate. Just saying.

All I could add to your right points is that God gives us hope to preserve this Union when good people speak up from their expertise to clarify the truth. You did that. Kudos.

New Topics

Forum List

Back