Cops SAVE two lives

That say's it all!!!
I wonder if CNN, MSNBC and the rest of the waste of the MSM will play that?

Ive seen a few shows on CNN that have put an emphasis on the knife. Cuomo and Lemon both seemed very favorable to the cop on this one though they were careful with their words. I’ve also seen some very careless headlines presenting it as a white cop killing a black girl which is not cool

One big reset button needed in whole of society (media, establishments, social media, politics and pressure groups) to rid ourselves of this mentality. It's grasped us and is sinking the world.

After that's done give it a few months for the brainwashed to become un-brainwashed and get their heads clear and we can try again and learn from the mistakes that's got us here.

Sounds great in theory, but unfortunately it's a fantasy. There's no magic reset button, and this mentality and those responsible for it are only becoming more galvanized and gaining more control over public and private discourse. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better, and I have serious concerns about where this country will be in a generation and whether "better" is even possible considering our current trajectory.

I think it would be a nice way to change things up for the police to save someone from death WITHOUT killing someone else.
Police save people every single day without the use of lethal force. But those stories don’t make headline news.

The cop was not really a criminal, but was stupid in my opinion.

First of all, he was too far away and should have gotten much closer.
Second is that the victim in pink was right behind the girl with the knife, so he did not have a clear safe shot.
Third is that he should have been yelling, fire a warning shot, etc., to get the attacker's attention.
Forth is that he shot and hit 4 times, which was totally unnecessary, and was a death sentence.
Fifth is that even if the knife had actually made a cut, it would not likely have been fatal, so the 4 shots were an unwarranted escalation.

Problem is the police are not trained in what is best, but only what is legal.
Since there was a knife, then shooting was legal.
But it still was not at all the best idea.
It was a terrible idea to shoot without trying other things first.
I agree on one point, four shots is over kill (no pun intended), but this is really Monday morning quarterbacking, no offense.
Where split second decisions are required either the fat teen criminal drops the knife or
she gets shot. There are no perfect options with an innocent life on the line.

Crazed person trying to stab 2 people shot dead by police called to protect others.

THAT should be the headline but we have a media willing to goto any length to make money from a gotcha headline intended to get clicks and bank that advertiser money.

I know the "rules" call for a clean thread start but FUCK THIS BULLSHIT. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Until the demand for an HONEST media and a truthful look at the facts becomes the norm we should all be outraged at the portrayal of these types of events. These headlines and the grief pimps that promote them need to STOP
I agree with you on this one. The story should be about the cop saving a teenage girl not a white cop killing a black teenage girl. The girl in the pink jumpsuit should be on TV right now thanking that man.

The police should not be executioner.
Even if the knife had made contact, it is not at all likely to have been fatal.
The 4 shots were way over kill and ensured death.
And shots were a terrible choice because the girl in pink was right behind the one with the knife, and could easily have also been killed by the shots.
Taser, baton, warning shot, etc., all would have been vastly superior.

Crazed person trying to stab 2 people shot dead by police called to protect others.

THAT should be the headline but we have a media willing to goto any length to make money from a gotcha headline intended to get clicks and bank that advertiser money.

I know the "rules" call for a clean thread start but FUCK THIS BULLSHIT. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Until the demand for an HONEST media and a truthful look at the facts becomes the norm we should all be outraged at the portrayal of these types of events. These headlines and the grief pimps that promote them need to STOP
I agree with you on this one. The story should be about the cop saving a teenage girl not a white cop killing a black teenage girl. The girl in the pink jumpsuit should be on TV right now thanking that man.

And shots were a terrible choice because the girl in pink was right behind the one with the knife, and could easily have also been killed by the shots.
The 16-year old thugette was a porker. He could not have missed.

The cop was not really a criminal, but was stupid in my opinion.

First of all, he was too far away and should have gotten much closer.
Second is that the victim in pink was right behind the girl with the knife, so he did not have a clear safe shot.
Third is that he should have been yelling, fire a warning shot, etc., to get the attacker's attention.
Forth is that he shot and hit 4 times, which was totally unnecessary, and was a death sentence.
Fifth is that even if the knife had actually made a cut, it would not likely have been fatal, so the 4 shots were an unwarranted escalation.

Problem is the police are not trained in what is best, but only what is legal.
Since there was a knife, then shooting was legal.
But it still was not at all the best idea.
It was a terrible idea to shoot without trying other things first.
I agree on one point, four shots is over kill (no pun intended), but this is really Monday morning quarterbacking, no offense.
Where split second decisions are required either the fat teen criminal drops the knife or
she gets shot. There are no perfect options with an innocent life on the line.

A knife is almost never lethal and definitely not the way she was holding it.
So the threat being defended against was not lethal.

There were also other alternatives, like yelling, firing a warning shot, closing in for a baton strike, etc.

One artery or organ cut = death. You think the perp was using surgical precision to avoid such?

You people are beyond redemption

The 16-year old thugette was a porker. He could not have missed.

They were moving around, and the recoil can cause one of the rapid fire in succession to have been off.
If shooting could be that accurate, then a club in the arm, head, etc., could easily have been just as effectively aimed.
Then there also is the taser choice.
Of why not a warning shot?
Nothing lost by trying these alternatives.

Link?
Look under the rock next to the one you live under
Nice.

So no link?
MAGA

One artery or organ cut = death. You think the perp was using surgical precision to avoid such?

Wrong.
With compression, the only artery that would cause death is in the neck.
Any organ cut is survivable except the heart.
And the knife was not held in a way to reach the heart.

I think it would be a nice way to change things up for the police to save someone from death WITHOUT killing someone else.
Victim ordered to drop knife and she refused. You have a split second to save an innocent life.
What's your solution?

There was no indication the cops got her attention.
They should have closed in, yelled louder, fired a warning shot, used a taser, clubbed her, etc.
A knife is very rarely a lethal attack.
Especially with an inexperienced attacker.

Kudos to the police officer for stopping this person from stabbing anyone.

If all police uses of lethal force were as justifiable as this instance, there wouldn't be any debates over police reform.

thats armchair quarterbacking,,

Victim ordered to drop knife and she refused. You have a split second to save an innocent life.
What's your solution?

There was no indication the cops got her attention.
They should have closed in, yelled louder, fired a warning shot, used a taser, clubbed her, etc.
A knife is very rarely a lethal attack.
Especially with an inexperienced attacker.
warning shots are illegal,, not sure how any of that other stuff would work when he had less than a second to react,,

Wrong.
With compression, the only artery that would cause death is in the neck.
Any organ cut is survivable except the heart.
And the knife was not held in a way to reach the heart.
The only thing worse than a know it all is a dumb know it all.

We're done here

What's your solution?
Disarming someone who has a knife without killing them is not as difficult as you might think.

A knife is almost never lethal and definitely not the way she was holding it.
So the threat being defended against was not lethal.

There were also other alternatives, like yelling, firing a warning shot, closing in for a baton strike, etc.
How about if the knife is plunged into an eye or slices a carotid artery in the neck?

I don't care how the knife is being held. To pretend a potential knife attack is not a very serious matter
is just fooling yourself.
A warning shot may not deter. There is no guarantee and the assailant had already been ordered to
drop her weapon.

In this split second scenario all the good options are gone. Whose life takes precedence in this instance?
The fat knife wielding aggressor or the potential victim? Stop and think about it.

Forum List

Back