Cops bust parties at people's homes but refuse to bust rioters!

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
This is beyond belief, the government now feels they have the tight to tell you how many friends you can invite to your home. The government has no authority to tell you how many people can be at your home. Police have now busted parties in both California and New Jersey. The cops feeling it safer to bust domestic house parties instead of protecting businesses from rioters trying to burn them down by this act show what cowards they are. and how the government is trying to control your personal life

Last edited:
This is beyond belief, the government now feels they have the tight to tell you how many friends you can invite to your home. The government has no authority to tell you how many people can be at your home. Police have now busted parties in both California and New Jersey. The cops feeling it safer to bust domestic house parties instead of protecting businesses from rioters trying to burn them down by this act show what cowards they are. and how the government is trying to control your persona life

I get your point, but you summed it up in your last sentence, " The cops feeling it safer to bust domestic house parties instead of protecting businesses from rioters trying to burn them down by this act show what cowards they are. and how the government is trying to control your persona life"
If you didn't know it was safer to affect enforcement of anything at a house party than a riot, you haven't seen any riots. Not always true in Chicago, but that is really a different problem, not being dealt with.

This is beyond belief, the government now feels they have the tight to tell you how many friends you can invite to your home. The government has no authority to tell you how many people can be at your home. Police have now busted parties in both California and New Jersey. The cops feeling it safer to bust domestic house parties instead of protecting businesses from rioters trying to burn them down by this act show what cowards they are. and how the government is trying to control your persona life

Consider those states. Their people are used to kneeling.

Consider those states. Their people are used to kneeling.
Excellent point

The party in California was not large. The house is a 3 story mansion. It looked like a sparsely attended party to me. Only 100 people, it certainly wasn't big. It had a DJ and a food truck showed up. No one in that neighborhood would complain.

This is beyond belief, the government now feels they have the tight to tell you how many friends you can invite to your home. The government has no authority to tell you how many people can be at your home. Police have now busted parties in both California and New Jersey. The cops feeling it safer to bust domestic house parties instead of protecting businesses from rioters trying to burn them down by this act show what cowards they are. and how the government is trying to control your personal life

Well, if groups gathering in homes, generally sit down and discuss current issues, which the left doesn't want, whereas mindless mobs running amok in the streets keep matters at a stage of unrest.

Would this be an example of where we need police reform? Is it the place of the police to arrest people having a peaceful get together?

Would this be an example of where we need police reform? Is it the place of the police to arrest people having a peaceful get together?

Shouldn't you be addressing this question to the mayors and governors directing them to?

Shouldn't you be addressing this question to the mayors and governors directing them to?

Sorry, are they here to address?

Sorry, are the police?

I didn't ask them either. I asked those participating. I guess you aren't interested in answering so this is what you do.

Sorry, are the police?

I didn't ask them either. I asked those participating. I guess you aren't interested in answering so this is what you do.

No, I did answer it. You simply don't like the answer. The police work for the city, county, or state. It is the people you elect as mayor, city council, governor, commissioner, sheriff, etc who ultimately direct the actions of the police, so if you have a problem with how they are conducting business take it up with the people you vote for because that's who they are getting their cue from. Period.

You just use the police as your scapegoat for bad governance by your elected officials.

Sorry, are the police?

No, I did answer it. You simply don't like the answer. The police work for the city, county, or state. It is the people you elect as mayor, city council, governor, commissioner, sheriff, etc who ultimately direct the actions of the police, so if you have a problem with how they are conducting business take it up with the people you vote for because that's who they are getting their cue from. Period.

I asked the opinion of those participating here if they thought this was an example of out of control police officers. I didn't ask who hired them.

I didn't and can't vote for any of the entities mentioned. I understand why you don't want to voice an opinion though.

The party in California was not large. The house is a 3 story mansion. It looked like a sparsely attended party to me. Only 100 people, it certainly wasn't big. It had a DJ and a food truck showed up. No one in that neighborhood would complain.
True only 100 people but as the article states there were 50 cops which one would assume had better things to do.

True only 100 people but as the article states there were 50 cops which on would assume had better things to do.

If they can afford 50 cops to break up a house party there are too many cops.

WHERE THEY MADE THEIR MISTAKE:
  1. Protesing is protected activity, parties violating state orders are not.
  2. They forgot to all wear their BLM tee shirts and carry a few signs. :smoke:

True only 100 people but as the article states there were 50 cops which on would assume had better things to do.

Understand what you are saying, based on what most people think cops do the most of, but most of my interactions with police have in-fact been about taxation supposedly to affect behaviors, but often just to generate revenue, so quite often, just tax collectors, ie, speeding, public yet peaceful intoxication, city sticker or plates out of date, etc. They generate a lot of money. Some communities use speed traps effectively to augment the tax base funds. if big enough, a peaceful house part is much easier to generate fines faster and more efficiently at less operational expense of fuel and wear and tear on equipment and police officers than than speeding tickets and a heck of a lot less than wading into a riot. Just the ticketing process at a house party offers much better opportunity for more and greater fines, when just finding out who is in there often offers up people already wanted for other unpaid offense debts. For the public good health and the public coffers, they are a very attractive nuisance, that is a new income stream.

Understand what you are saying, based on what most people think cops do the most of, but most of my interactions with police have in-fact been about taxation supposedly to affect behaviors, but often just to generate revenue, so quite often, just tax collectors, ie, speeding, public yet peaceful intoxication, city sticker or plates out of date, etc. They generate a lot of money. Some communities use speed traps effectively to augment the tax base funds. if big enough, a peaceful house part is much easier to generate fines faster and more efficiently at less operational expense of fuel and wear and tear on equipment and police officers than than speeding tickets and a heck of a lot less than wading into a riot. Just the ticketing process at a house party offers much better opportunity for more and greater fines, when just finding out who is in there often offers up people already wanted for other unpaid offense debts. For the public good health and the public coffers, they are a very attractive nuisance, that is a new income stream.

People have always despised the tax collector.

People have always despised the tax collector.
Throughout the history of mankind.

Forum List

Back