Cop Makes Brownies With Confiscated Evidence, Calls 911 on Self

wiggles

Dec 30, 2006
Cop Steals Pot, Makes Brownies, Calls 911

DEARBORN, Mich. (AP) - A police officer in this Detroit suburb was allowed to resign after admitting he took marijuana from criminal suspects and, with his wife, baked it into brownies.

Click Here to Hear the 911 Call

The department's decision not to prosecute former Cpl. Edward Sanchez left a bad taste in the mouth of at least one city official, who vowed to investigate.

"If you're a cop and you're arresting people and you're confiscating the marijuana and keeping it yourself, that's bad. That's real bad," City Councilman Doug Thomas told the Detroit Free Press for a story Thursday.

"That's like apprehending a bank robber and keeping some of the money for yourself."

The newspaper said Sanchez, who resigned last year, declined to comment Wednesday.

Police Cmdr. Jeff Geisinger left a phone message with a Detroit television station saying Sanchez resigned during an internal investigation. Geisinger did not return subsequent calls asking why Sanchez was not prosecuted.

The department's investigation began with a 911 call from Sanchez's home on April 21, 2006. On a 5-minute tape of the call, obtained by the Free Press under the Michigan Freedom of Information Act, Sanchez told an emergency dispatcher he thought he and his wife were overdosing on marijuana.

"I think we're dying," he said. "We made brownies and I think we're dead, I really do."

Sanchez later told police investigators that his wife took the marijuana out of his police vehicle while he was sleeping. In a subsequent interview, he admitted he got the marijuana out of the car himself, put it in the brownie mix and ate the brownies.

---

What's the score of the Red Wings game?

:rofl:

The audio's gold. "My wife's on the floor. She's barely breathing."
They put a whole quarter ounce in the batch and ate the whole thing. Put on Dark Side of the Rainbow and call it a day.

The audio's gold. "My wife's on the floor. She's barely breathing."
They put a whole quarter ounce in the batch and ate the whole thing. Put on Dark Side of the Rainbow and call it a day.

Police Officer Edward Sanchez = High Times Man of the Year.

You know what'd be hilarious? Listening to the 911 call after doing bong hits. We should have a board member that smokes weed do it and report back to us.

Police Officer Edward Sanchez = High Times Man of the Year.

You know what'd be hilarious? Listening to the 911 call after doing bong hits. We should have a board member that smokes weed do it and report back to us.

:eusa_shifty: :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back