Cop charged in fatal car accident during pursuit.

This wasn't a homicide, it was a property crime. Often times even when a suspect successfully flees, and eludes they ultimately end up caught. It's called investigation.

And investigations work better when they don't lose crucial evidence due to the criminal getting away.

Caught isn't what people are looking for, convicted is what people are looking for.

100% pure, unadulterated horseshit. The only one responsible for these deaths is the driver of the car that killed these girls.

No, both are responsible.

But of course the State is going to put it on the fleeing suspect. Because rarely ever does the State, or it's employees take responsibility, for the negative outcomes of their own decisions.

The state is placing it on both which is the correct way to address this.

This issue was brought up when I was in high school.
This was the best class suggestion we came up with.

This is a suggestive program that would have to be worked on, with massive amounts of training.

Stop being a douche and reading shit I never wrote.

The only thing I did was address your suggestions. Limit the cars to 80 MPH. How would you do that except a computer controlled Governor? Small engines that are incapable of going faster? Everyone driving a Smart Car that can’t go fast at all?

Otherwise I just explained, using examples, why your suggestions wouldn’t work.

It isn’t my fault that the best you could come up with in High School wouldn’t work. I had a lot of ideas in High School. I learned that they were unrealistic later in life. But that is normal.

That's the only thing to do based on the angst being shown in this thread.
It's an American thing, all car chases v no car chases, all guns v no guns etc.. always one extreme to the other.

As mentioned in the thread, each situation to chase is unique. Also, the dynamics of a chase changes throughout the chase, from quiet open roads to then busy town centres in minutes.

In the UK, the police car chasing has to give a running commentary back to headquarters, constantly describing traffic and pedestrian conditions, speed, driving behaviour of offending car etc.. Police cars are coordinated to keep fleeing cars to motorways and out of towns, so then they can surround the car and bring it to a halt. If the chase becomes dangerous, certainly for the public, the command is to stop the chase and the chasing officer must comply.

Who said ban chases?

It's an American thing, all car chases v no car chases, all guns v no guns etc.. always one extreme to the other.

As mentioned in the thread, each situation to chase is unique. Also, the dynamics of a chase changes throughout the chase, from quiet open roads to then busy town centres in minutes.

In the UK, the police car chasing has to give a running commentary back to headquarters, constantly describing traffic and pedestrian conditions, speed, driving behaviour of offending car etc.. Police cars are coordinated to keep fleeing cars to motorways and out of towns, so then they can surround the car and bring it to a halt. If the chase becomes dangerous, certainly for the public, the command is to stop the chase and the chasing officer must comply.

There has to be a set policy.

Define "dangerous"

55MPH? 80MPH? two radical turns? three radical turns? If the getaway guy starts hitting people or other cars let him go or go with deadly force at that point?

If the anti-chase people in this thread really want chases to be zero risk, they have to be banned.

There has to be a set policy.

Define "dangerous"

55MPH? 80MPH? two radical turns? three radical turns? If the getaway guy starts hitting people or other cars let him go or go with deadly force at that point?

If the anti-chase people in this thread really want chases to be zero risk, they have to be banned.
Dangerous is defined by the control centre as the chasing officer gives a running commentary. To never chase or ban chases would be a first for any country, so that'll never happen.

Dangerous is defined by the control centre as the chasing officer gives a running commentary. To never chase or ban chases would be a first for any country, so that'll never happen.

Another arbitrary choice for moar lawsuits.

And yes, an officer controlling a speeding vehicle needing to give a blow by blow won't distract him at all......

Another arbitrary choice for moar lawsuits.

And yes, an officer controlling a speeding vehicle needing to give a blow by blow won't distract him at all......
They're normally in pairs, one drives, the give gives the commentary -

And despite some chases not being stopped, pedestrians can still get hit. The chase in the video was probably allowed due to quieter traffic.

I don't choose a side on whether chases should be allowed, or when stopped etc.. That's up to the qualified personal in police department's to consider with their knowledge.

They're normally in pairs, one drives, the give gives the commentary -

And despite some chases not being stopped, pedestrians can still get hit. The chase in the video was probably allowed due to quieter traffic.

In cities yes, outside cities, no.

If one of those girls were my daughter... I know exactly whom I'd cure of their oxygen addiction...

Selfishness Is No Part of Patriotism

There is no such thing as an "innocent bystander." A crime against one is a crime against all. The criminal is the one who dragged those girls into it, but an anti-social legal attitude makes us blame the Law-Enforcement Officer. Besides, they should have pulled over when they heard the siren.

Selfishness Is No Part of Patriotism

There is no such thing as an "innocent bystander." A crime against one is a crime against all. The criminal is the one who dragged those girls into it, but an anti-social legal attitude makes us blame the Law-Enforcement Officer. Besides, they should have pulled over when they heard the siren.

In your opinion, and forgive me if I misunderstand your post. But in your opinion anything that the cops do in a pursuit is justified. Is that an accurate synopsis?

Forum List

Back