Cooking with Mr. P...Girl scout Thin mint Cookies.

Mr. P

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2004
South of the Mason Dixon
They are Great!!! I promise.

Chocolate Cookie Wafers
1 18.25-ounce package Betty Crocker chocolate fudge cake mix
3 tablespoons shortening, melted
1/2 cup cake flour, measured then sifted
1 egg
3 tablespoons water
Non-stick cooking spray

Coating
3 12-ounce bags semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
6 tablespoons shortening

1. Combine the cookie ingredients in a large bowl, adding the water a little bit at a time until the dough forms. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out a portion of the dough to just under 1/16 of an inch thick. To cut, use a lid from a spice container with a 1 1/2-inch diameter (Schilling brand is good.) Arrange the cut dough rounds on a cookie sheet that is sprayed with a light coating on non-stick spray. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the wafers from the oven and cool completely.
4. Combine chocolate chips with peppermint extract and shortening in a large microwave - safe glass or ceramic bow. Heat on 50 percent power for 2 minutes, stir gently, then heat for an addition minute. Stir once again, and if chocolate is not a smooth consistency, continue to microwave in 30-second intervals until smooth.
5. Use a fork to dip each wafer in the chocolate, tap the fork on the edge of the bowl so that the excess chocolate runs off, and then place the cookies side-by-side on a wax paper - lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm.

Makes 108 cookies.

Thanks P - hey, that's a lot of cookies, 108? hahhahaha!!!!

Oh, these sound way too good. I can probably eat a massive amount if they freeze as well as the GS thin mints. I'm going to give this a try tomorrow.

janeeng said:
Thanks P - hey, that's a lot of cookies, 108? hahhahaha!!!!
Don't worry...they won't last long.
You can make them a wee bit thicker too, that will reduce the amount some.

K...I can't wait to hear how they turn out for ya.

Yes. Let's make our own girl scout cookies and cut those bitches out of the loop!
:rotflmao:

Oh....Pleeeeaaaaaassssseeeeeee...You can still buy your 6 boxes once a year from the girls. If they'd get off their lil butts an sell, sell, sell, we cookie lovers wouldn't have to resort to such
tactics! (Cept us cheap bastards).:laugh:

Can I threaten a Mod.? Well then....

Ms. K, Get those cookies made this weekend, else I'll
pay padisha emperors way to Chicago to track you down
and speak FRENCH to you for ....at least 1 hr. non-stop!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Mr. P said:
Can I threaten a Mod.? Well then....

Ms. K, Get those cookies made this weekend, else I'll
pay padisha emperors way to Chicago to track you down
and speak FRENCH to you for ....at least 1 hr. non-stop!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

HAHAHAHA! I was wondering how the cookies came out!

I still like buying from the Girl Scouts, WHEN, they do sell! still like the peanut butter too! P, got a recipe for those too?????

Is the shortening that this recipe calls for regular crisco or butter flavored?

I want to make these now! lol

Im doing the horseradish sauce on tuesday with cajun roast beef (and broccoli of course)

will let you know how it turns out :)

Forum List

Back