Cookie Tray

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
What is on the cookie tray this year? We are going to put the tree up and bake cookies next weekend.

I am making Toffee Bars but I want a better recipe than the one that I made last year. Outside of that, I don't know what I'm making. Any ideas?

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
I'm thinking Kiffle this year. They're time consuming but I can afford some time away from here. LOL

I'm thinking Kiffle this year. They're time consuming but I can afford some time away from here. LOL
I had to look those up! Those are exactly like kolaczki. My son's paternal grandmother made those.

I am addicted to Danish butter cookies at Christmas and nothing beats the ones that come in the tins from the store.

What is on the cookie tray this year? We are going to put the tree up and bake cookies next weekend.

I am making Toffee Bars but I want a better recipe than the one that I made last year. Outside of that, I don't know what I'm making. Any ideas?
Date cookies are my favorite and had mom and dad fill up my care package with them.. I charged 50 cents apiece for them and then they wanted the cookie dust.

Date cookies are my favorite and had mom and dad fill up my care package with them..

Well, there appears to be several different kinds of those. Did they look like these?

Date cookies are my favorite and had mom and dad fill up my care package with them..

Well, there appears to be several different kinds of those. Did they look like these?
dually
Two large slabs of molasses batter with a big dollop of smashed dates between them. I wrote mom and dad to wrap them individually with wax paper to eliminate the cookie dust problem..

I've never made toffee. But I have a bunch of chocolate chips. So there is a 99.99% chance that the next time I make cookies they are going to be chocolate chip cookies.

Pumpkin bars.
1606578707147.jpeg

Kolaczki, almond crescents, or
Eggnog Meltaway Cookies

Eggnog Meltaway Cookies
They all sound good. Use your largest cookie tray!

Eggnog Meltaway Cookies
They all sound good. Use your largest cookie tray!
Thanks! I'm going to fill up some cookie boxes to give most of them away.

Those Christmas wreaths made with semolina and anise.

Cookie called "wedding cakes" Kinda like a 2" pecan pie.

And decorated sugar cookies of course.

Semolina Christmas wreaths/ I had to look that up. The only Christmas wreath that I was aware of is the one made from struffoli.

I'm sure this isn't serious enough for you, but my absolute favorite on the cookie tray was my aunt's Date Balls--cooked dates, Rice Krispies, and rolled in coconut.

Semolina Christmas wreaths/ I had to look that up. The only Christmas wreath that I was aware of is the one made from struffoli.
[/QUOTE]

Did you find it OK? The stronger influence half I was raised was strong Northern Italian and it was one of their things. I tried looking, semolina wreaths came up, Anise cookies. I used an extract, one recipe used seed. It's a tasty cookie and slightly different, nothing overpowering in them. Friends didn't know, ate them, now make them.

I'm sure this isn't serious enough for you, but my absolute favorite on the cookie tray was my aunt's Date Balls--cooked dates, Rice Krispies, and rolled in coconut.

Oh yeah that reminds me. Bourbon and rum balls!!!

Now we had a ball, crispy, confect covered, nuts (think pecan) inside, for a Christmas cookie too, forget the name. Wasn't coconut and date though but I love both. Mom usually made about 8-12 types cookies, Sis still does it.

Forum List

Back