Cookeville transgender veteran's truck painted 'Trump,' lit on fire

The Great Goose

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2015
A transgender woman's truck was spray painted with the words "Trump" and torched in her driveway as she and her 3-year-old son were inside their Cookeville home early Saturday morning.

The victim said police told her Monday morning that they are investigating the incident as a hate crime.

A spokesperson with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office confirmed they received a report of the burned and painted truck early Saturday morning and are investigating. But the office did not return a message about whether they are investigating the incident as a hate crime.

Because the incident may have been a hate crime, The Tennessean is identifying the victim as "Elle."

Elle said she heard a noise outside her home at about 3:30 a.m. She went out and saw the door to her 2006 Harley Davidson edition F-150 pickup truck open. Thinking she'd forgotten to lock or close the door, Elle shut the door and went back inside.

About 30 minutes later, she said she heard a horn honk and looked outside to see her truck engulfed in flames.

"Most of (the paint) got burned off, but one of the police officers pointed out that it said 'Trump' on the hood and the back," Elle said. She said she had no idea who would have done this.

“It just breaks my heart every time I walk past the driveway.”

She said her toddler is still frightened.

A disabled veteran, Elle served eight years in the U.S. Army. She was medically retired in 2007 after suffering from a severe brain injury and post-traumatic stress disorder while on tour in Iraq in 2004.

While she said she hasn't experienced any discrimination in Cookeville since she came out two years ago, traveling outside of the city has proven dangerous.

"I’ve been in altercations out of town because I’m transgendered," Elle said. "The last altercation was there (in Crossville) when a man took a swing at me in a bathroom."

There are no Hillary Clinton signs on her lawn or in her windows, although she said she is active on social media against Donald Trump. She said a Trump presidency would harm the LGBTQ community.

Elle said she would like to ask the person or people who committed the crime why they did it.

"I’m just trying to live my life," she said. "I wouldn’t hurt anyone."

Cookeville transgender veteran's truck painted 'Trump,' lit on fire

That's nothing compared to what is going to happen. No matter who is elected.
I really hope some inbred cave monkey comes my way. I'm itching to euthanize one that gets brave.

If you hang black people and then swing the bodies, is there extra points for hitting a moving target
You should try and find out in person if you get brave enough. Like I said i cant wait to euthanize one of those inbred cave monkeys. :laugh:

I really hope some inbred cave monkey comes my way. I'm itching to euthanize one that gets brave.

If you hang black people and then swing the bodies, is there extra points for hitting a moving target
You should try and find out in person if you get brave enough. Like I said i cant wait to euthanize one of those inbred cave monkeys. :laugh:
See we have something in common after all. That something in common should cover this entire country like a blanket.

See we have something in common after all. That something in common should cover this entire country like a blanket.
You want to kill a white cave monkey that gets brave? I was unaware of that. I guess we do have something in common.

You want to kill a white cave monkey that gets brave? I was unaware of that. I guess we do have something in common.
It's time to end the controversy and prove that Charles Manson was a prophet after all.

It's time to end the controversy and prove that Charles Manson was a prophet after all.
Charles Manson was just another cave chimp like yourself. He was no prophet. If so he would have predicted little people like you would only talk on the internet instead of actually doing something. Trust me. I am waiting. We all know you and your kind dont want any. We know because all you do is talk.
laugh.gif

Oh really, and what is going to happen?
Last time people just groused around and insulted obama. This time it will be random and targeted attacks against the voters. On both sides. No one gets a pass. Just like this truck fire.

Wow, I just don't know what to say, are you coming to my house, I voted for Clinton a month ago. I will be waiting with my hornets spray.

Oh really, and what is going to happen?
Last time people just groused around and insulted obama. This time it will be random and targeted attacks against the voters. On both sides. No one gets a pass. Just like this truck fire.

Your dreams are coming true, aren't they Tipsy?
Almost. It gets closer all the time.

Forum List

Back