Convenient store stand-your-ground shooter charged

And that's exactly what happened. The black drug head you are defending attacked a guy and got shot. He deserved it.
And the shooter deserves the guilty of manslaughter verdict he received because he did not meet the legal threshold for the use of deadly force, the race of the individuals not withstanding.
Actually, he met the legal threshold at the time of the shooting; that standard has changed the consequence of the verdict.

And that's exactly what happened. The black drug head you are defending attacked a guy and got shot. He deserved it.
And the shooter deserves the guilty of manslaughter verdict he received because he did not meet the legal threshold for the use of deadly force, the race of the individuals not withstanding.
Actually, he met the legal threshold at the time of the shooting; that standard has changed the consequence of the verdict.
The law hasn't changed at all and THAT is what overturning of this poor verdict will be based on.

Manslaughter was the right call. So many wrongs here.

#1 The shooter knows he has a concealed weapon. Therefore he needs to stay away from confrontation and not initiate an argument. It's not his job to enforce the parking laws. (George Zimmerman comes to mind here) Call 911 if he feels the need.

#2 Don't push people. You never know who the other guy is and what he's capable of. Not to mention the shooter wasn't being physically aggressive at the moment. At that moment the guy who got shot was wrong.

However:

#3 The obvious, a push does not equal a gun shot. The shooters life was not in danger and he initiated the confrontation. It's more likely his pride was hurt.

Florida got this one right.

Ridiculous...drejka did nothing to cause the black dude to attack him. The black dude being high on drugs not even to mention stupid rushed out of the store having no clue as to what was going on and attacked a stranger for no reason other than that the stranger was a white dude arguing with his wife. He was trying to show off in front of his wife as in knock down the old man and be a hero in his wifes eyes.

If the nigah had any sense he would have tried to find out what was going on before he over-reacted.

I said that the black guy was in the wrong. Did you not see that? He had no right to shove the white guy. But a shove doesn't equal a gunshot. Like others, I saw the black guy shove him and then back off. Not to mention why the F is the white concerning himself this couple? It's not his job to enforce the parking laws. He knows he has a concealed weapon. It was his place to stay away from confrontation.
And this is the problem:

“like others”

“I saw”

Until this verdict the standard was what the person defending himself with lethal force saw, perceived, and believed – that he had reason to fear for his life, had no duty to retreat, and could stand his ground.

It’s perfectly reasonable that Drejka perceived an ongoing threat, his attacker was still facing him, and didn’t perceive his attacker as ‘backing up.’

Had McGlockton turned his back on Drejka and fled, the shooting would not have been justified.

But that’s not what happened.

Manslaughter was the right call. So many wrongs here.

#1 The shooter knows he has a concealed weapon. Therefore he needs to stay away from confrontation and not initiate an argument. It's not his job to enforce the parking laws. (George Zimmerman comes to mind here) Call 911 if he feels the need.

#2 Don't push people. You never know who the other guy is and what he's capable of. Not to mention the shooter wasn't being physically aggressive at the moment. At that moment the guy who got shot was wrong.

However:

#3 The obvious, a push does not equal a gun shot. The shooters life was not in danger and he initiated the confrontation. It's more likely his pride was hurt.

Florida got this one right.

Ridiculous...drejka did nothing to cause the black dude to attack him. The black dude being high on drugs not even to mention stupid rushed out of the store having no clue as to what was going on and attacked a stranger for no reason other than that the stranger was a white dude arguing with his wife. He was trying to show off in front of his wife as in knock down the old man and be a hero in his wifes eyes.

If the nigah had any sense he would have tried to find out what was going on before he over-reacted.

I said that the black guy was in the wrong. Did you not see that? He had no right to shove the white guy. But a shove doesn't equal a gunshot. Like others, I saw the black guy shove him and then back off. Not to mention why the F is the white concerning himself this couple? It's not his job to enforce the parking laws. He knows he has a concealed weapon. It was his place to stay away from confrontation.
And this is the problem:

“like others”

“I saw”

Until this verdict the standard was what the person defending himself with lethal force saw, perceived, and believed – that he had reason to fear for his life, had no duty to retreat, and could stand his ground.

It’s perfectly reasonable that Drejka perceived an ongoing threat, his attacker was still facing him, and didn’t perceive his attacker as ‘backing up.’

Had McGlockton turned his back on Drejka and fled, the shooting would not have been justified.

But that’s not what happened.

Exactly

Okay guys, put yourself in the place of the dude that was killed...................

You walk out of the store and find some random man yelling at your old lady. What would you do in that case? I'm pretty sure a shove or something like that would be done.

And, when the guy was pushed to the ground, he pulled out his gun and the man started to back away, then was shot, and went into the store and died.

No. The man with the gun should not have fired at the other guy when he was backing away. I think the manslaughter charge should stand.

You display a ignorance of the law on self defense in Florida. It has been posted...study up and get back with us.

BTW no reasonable person is going to walk out of a store and attack someone for merely arguing with his wife. This black dude was on drugs....the toxicology reports on his corpse revealed his system was overloaded with drugs. Thus the most likely reason he engaged in an irrational attack.

If he had been a rational person he would have engaged drejka in coversation to figure out what was going on and what the problem was. No reason to attack....especially in the presence of his children...what kind of example does that set. But also remember this black dude was driving his children around whilst high on drugs...he had no concern for his children or his wife...he was merely trying to show off by knocking some old white geezer down to impress his wife that he was a real man. Ridiculous.

What was the exact words of the person who went into the store and told the manager about the altercation going on outside? What did he say?

If you had not been too lazy to watch the trial you would know. He said to the store owner 'you have a problem on the parking lot--you might want to do something about that'

He is also the witness who heard the black bitch say to drejka 'when my man comes back we gonna fuck you up'.

I told you that I work for a living and am not a racist welfare case like you.

My money says you are simply making this up.

Have you ever been right about anything?

Last edited:
This guy was pushed to the ground (provocation could be argued), and that was it. The attack stopped. He drew and killed the guy without cause.
This fellow wasn't 'pushed' to the ground but rather he was forcefully and surprisingly 'knocked' to the ground in a manner which is best described as a disorienting attack by a menacing aggressor. His reaction was reflexive and entirely defensive.

Lot of conservatives here who would convict the guy ....the film is damning.......side angle especially.............
Florida man found guilty of manslaughter in parking lot shooting that led to 'Stand Your Ground' trial
Guy didnt take the stand in his own defense....

He made the classic mistake of talking to the police without a lawyer. He sat in a police interrogation room for over 6 hrs and talked and talked. He thought the police were his friends as in he identified with them so much. His father was a state patrolman for over 28 yrs.

He was so convinced he was in the right that he was apparantly not worried about his words being used against him.

The jury made a huge mistake and this case will have a lot of ramifications none of which are good for society in general.

The concept of self-defense was struck a huge blow by this fallacious verdict.

Everyone that carries a concealed weapon should be on notice that your right to use that weapon in self defense has been struck a huge blow.

The main thing most should learn from this case is how one should never talk to the police without the presence of your lawyer. As is plainly said in the miranda rights....what you say can and WILL be used against you.

I'm a CCW holder and a gun rights advocate. I watched that video when it first was released. This defendant was wrong and an idiot. Even without hearing him or his side, the video is damning. HE instigated the fight, HE had multiple chances to end it peacefully, HE didn't have to shoot the guy. The jury made the correct call.
Wrong.

McGlockton instigated the incident when he made unlawful contact with Drejka; absent such contact the shooting would not have occurred.

Or Drejka’s use of deadly force absent the attack by McGlockton would be unlawful.

There are two primary statutes in Florida outlining when the use of deadly force is justified so as to avoid criminal liability. Under Section 776.012, Florida Statutes, a person is justified in using deadly force (and does not have a duty to retreat) if he or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony or to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another.
Except you said he didn't apply the stand your ground defense!

That is correct his lawyers did not use the stand your ground law. The media is very confused about it. Which means since you follow their lead like a lil lost sheep you are confused as well.

The following was posted before but you must have missed it like you miss so much.

Or perhaps you are getting senile in your old age and cannot remember shit.

No 'stand your ground' immunity for Clearwater shooter Michael Drejka

Do you know the difference between 'the stand your ground law' and simple self defense?

Let me take you to school again. Under simple self defense the victim only has one option to preserve his life....lethal force. He is in no position to be able to escape or retreat. Got dat?

Why do i have to explain everything to you?

Here is another video of the event. Get your stop watch out and time how long it took for Drejka to pull the trigger after he managed to get his weapon out.

Gunman in parking space shooting not charged because of 'Stand Your Ground' law

The point is not how long it took him to shoot, but how quickly he shot!

He never had to pull that trigger. I don't understand why you cannot see that. Perhaps a trip to the optometrist is in order.

If your life is in danger and when you have been subjected to a felonious assault you best believe your life may be in danger and if you are interested in defending your life or limb then you must act as quickly as possible..though you do have two options....hope or pray your attacker does not kill your or maim you or you can choose to fight back.

What would you have done if it had been you?

Minded my own business first and then I would not have pulled that trigger in any case unless he tried again.

Nonsense. He had a disabled family member so he was justifiably irritated by folks parking illegally in handicapped spaces. He had every right to talk to the black woman and point out the fact she was illegally parked...and her reaction was to go off on him.

In hindsight and with the benefit of slow motion video it is easy to say you would not have pulled the trigger. But if it had been you who had been violently and feloniously assaulted you might have a different view.

Drejka did not have the benefit of watching a slow motion video or hindsight to determine whether or not he should shoot. He was in justifiable fear of his life...but due to the political climate today he has been convicted and most likely will spend the rest of his life in prison....he has health issues.

He could be sentenced up to 30 yrs. since mansalughter with the use of a firearm is a first degree felony. I do not think he will get 30 yrs. but it will be a long term he will be sentenced to...at his age and with his state of health it will amount to a death sentence.

His lawyer says there will be an appeal but I see no chance of success there.

Garbage.

As a CCW holder, you don't go looking for a fight like that. It wouldn't have been me but if it had, I would have de-escalated the fight before the guy even came out. Maybe, I would have just stated my peace to her and then walked off.

If you start a fight that you end up drawing your weapon and shooting at the end, you had better be right. The weapon was drawn and the guy backed away. there was NO reason to shoot. 100% his fault and the correct verdict.
Also wrong.

As a matter of law the incident didn’t start until McGlockton made physical contact.

Lot of conservatives here who would convict the guy ....the film is damning.......side angle especially.............
Florida man found guilty of manslaughter in parking lot shooting that led to 'Stand Your Ground' trial
Guy didnt take the stand in his own defense....

He made the classic mistake of talking to the police without a lawyer. He sat in a police interrogation room for over 6 hrs and talked and talked. He thought the police were his friends as in he identified with them so much. His father was a state patrolman for over 28 yrs.

He was so convinced he was in the right that he was apparantly not worried about his words being used against him.

The jury made a huge mistake and this case will have a lot of ramifications none of which are good for society in general.

The concept of self-defense was struck a huge blow by this fallacious verdict.

Everyone that carries a concealed weapon should be on notice that your right to use that weapon in self defense has been struck a huge blow.

The main thing most should learn from this case is how one should never talk to the police without the presence of your lawyer. As is plainly said in the miranda rights....what you say can and WILL be used against you.

I'm a CCW holder and a gun rights advocate. I watched that video when it first was released. This defendant was wrong and an idiot. Even without hearing him or his side, the video is damning. HE instigated the fight, HE had multiple chances to end it peacefully, HE didn't have to shoot the guy. The jury made the correct call.
Wrong.

McGlockton instigated the incident when he made unlawful contact with Drejka; absent such contact the shooting would not have occurred.

Or Drejka’s use of deadly force absent the attack by McGlockton would be unlawful.

Exactly. The morons on here do not have enough analytical skills to be able to understand that apparantly.

This guy was pushed to the ground (provocation could be argued), and that was it. The attack stopped. He drew and killed the guy without cause.
This fellow wasn't 'pushed' to the ground but rather he was forcefully and surprisingly 'knocked' to the ground in a manner which is best described as a disorienting attack by a menacing aggressor. His reaction was reflexive and entirely defensive.

Absolutely correct. The morons on the jury made a huge mistake.

Lookee here eienstein.....Drejka initiated no confrontation. He got out of his vehicle saw the other vehicle parked in a handicap spot....he checked the back of that car for a handicap placard and did not see one. Then he was checking the front of the car for a handicap placard when the black bitch rolled down her window and went off on drejka(if she was so scared as she claimed why did she roll down the window?) before the bitch rolled down the window due to the fact they were tinted drejka had no idea the vehicle was even occupied.

Drejka explained that due to the fact he has a handicapped family member people illegally parking in handicap spots is a pet peeve of his.

It was not that long ago the local news had ran a special on how so many people violate the handicap parking. So it is a big problem that a lot of people are concerned about.

During the jury selection process several potential jurors were dismissed because they voiced a concern about people violating handicap spots.

But it's not an offense punishable by DEATH and neither is pushing someone. smh Drejka should have called 911 if he was so upset. We all have pet peeves, but we all don't take the law into our own hands and cause a confrontation while armed.

Lookee here shit for brains....there is something known as the law on self defense....ever heard of it?

Drejka was not upset...he was calmly checking out the car to see if it had any handicap placards when the black bitch rolled down her window and went off on him. She is the one mainly responsible for the whole mess. Her drugged up boyfriend coming in second.

What would you do if some black thug came up and violently shoved you to the ground...let me guess....rolled over and cried?

What would you have done if after knocking you to the ground he then started kicking you in the head? Most likely died. How many videos circulate on the internet showing black thugs beating someone down and then kicking them in the head over and over. Not uncommon at all. You should take a course in how to think properly.

Pulling the gun was understandable. Pulling the trigger is manslaughter.

Obviously you cannot wrap your head around the fact that taking two steps back and turning to his side to present a smaller target is not retreating.

He was still in striking distance and still posed a deadly threat to Michael as we have seen time and again black thugs kicking their hapless victims to death.

Lookee here eienstein.....Drejka initiated no confrontation. He got out of his vehicle saw the other vehicle parked in a handicap spot....he checked the back of that car for a handicap placard and did not see one. Then he was checking the front of the car for a handicap placard when the black bitch rolled down her window and went off on drejka(if she was so scared as she claimed why did she roll down the window?) before the bitch rolled down the window due to the fact they were tinted drejka had no idea the vehicle was even occupied.

Drejka explained that due to the fact he has a handicapped family member people illegally parking in handicap spots is a pet peeve of his.

It was not that long ago the local news had ran a special on how so many people violate the handicap parking. So it is a big problem that a lot of people are concerned about.

During the jury selection process several potential jurors were dismissed because they voiced a concern about people violating handicap spots.

But it's not an offense punishable by DEATH and neither is pushing someone. smh Drejka should have called 911 if he was so upset. We all have pet peeves, but we all don't take the law into our own hands and cause a confrontation while armed.

Lookee here shit for brains....there is something known as the law on self defense....ever heard of it?

Drejka was not upset...he was calmly checking out the car to see if it had any handicap placards when the black bitch rolled down her window and went off on him. She is the one mainly responsible for the whole mess. Her drugged up boyfriend coming in second.

What would you do if some black thug came up and violently shoved you to the ground...let me guess....rolled over and cried?

What would you have done if after knocking you to the ground he then started kicking you in the head? Most likely died. How many videos circulate on the internet showing black thugs beating someone down and then kicking them in the head over and over. Not uncommon at all. You should take a course in how to think properly.

Sez the dopehead loving criminal lover.

Says the racist welfare cheat!

Sez the dopehead loving criminal lover.

Says the racist welfare cheat!
I'm not on welfare liar.

A lot of media confusion regararding the michael drejka case.

It was not a stand your ground case...perhaps this will help some to understand.

the other media mistake: they claim it was over a parking spot.

No....it was about a perp with a history of assault comitting another assault on Michael Drejka apparantly because Drejka was talking and arguing with his g/f.

What motivated that?

Perhaps being under the influence of a illegal drug that made him un-naturally aggressive? hatred of white folks as in how dare a white man argue with my g/f?

That would make it a hate crime....if a white man had done that to a black it definitely would have been considered a hate crime.

I think however his main motivation was to try and be a hero in the eyes of his g/f by taking out the white dude that dared to argue with her.

Which could still be considered a hate crime.

Last edited:
Good. Asshole deserves to be punished for what he did over a fucking parking space.
You didn't see where the guy he shot violently knocked him down?

He suffered no injuries and the victim was backing away at the time he fired
the good thing is he's dead and wont be assaulting anyone else.
Good to see you are happy to pay taxes that will now support his wife & children.

Good. Asshole deserves to be punished for what he did over a fucking parking space.
You didn't see where the guy he shot violently knocked him down?

He suffered no injuries and the victim was backing away at the time he fired
Good to see you are happy to pay taxes that will now support his wife & children.
Can 't prove that if you try.

But we for
Judging by the poll that was done here....the guy has no shot and should take a plea deal if offered

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa laughable. I case you have not noticed this discussion on the clearwater incident reveals a lot of ignorance.....first of all what the law says....and so many on here have no capacity to understand that law as simple as it is.

Do not take any poll conducted on this board as any indicator of anything....other than that so many on here are biased and believe the fake news that is drummed into them daily.

No ability to think for selves logically or even in a common sense mode.

Pathetic is the woid dat comes to mind boyo.
But we for sure should believe your expert opinion. Yeah pathetic would describe that

I am merely telling you what the law says. The law grants the defendant the legal right to use deadly force if he felt his life was in danger and or that he might suffer grievious bodily harm. Yet so many seem unable to grasp that???
No, you are doing more than that. You are also deciding the jury will find he acted in self defense according to the law. Maybe they will, maybe they won’t. Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a hung jury in this case. Regardless, you’re ignoringe that McGlockton was retreating when he was shot. You’re also ignoring the results from the 3D scanner which determined McGlockton was no less than 10 feet away from Drejka when he was shot. If that evidence is presented in court, I can see at least some of the jurors deciding there was no reasonable fear of death or great bodily harm at the moment Drejka pulled the trigger.

Get real boyo, I have no power to decide anything in regards to what the jury will do. I am merely saying I do not think they will be able to convict and yes there very well could be a hung jury because they will have to have at least a couple of negroes on it.

It really does not matter that the black guy took a step or two backward when he saw the pistol come out.. I would not call that 'retreating' I would call it a reaction of supprise at seeing the pistol. Kinda like when you touch a hot stove and jerk your hand back.

Retreating to me means that he is definitely not going to do anything else as in it is over for him. That is a matter of conjecture---maybe it was maybe it was not. No one really knows. Nor can anyone possibly know that.

Also...it is very likely perhaps even probable that the white guy did not even notice the black guy took a step or so backwards....remember he was totally supprised at being violently attacked...perhaps in a little bit of shock as he did not even see the black guy coming. However he quickly realized he was on the ground with a black dude hovering near by. I think most would be in fear of their life and or at least in fear of great bodily harm at that point...hence he reached for his weapon and then aimed and fired...all his
attention being on the target and aiming and getting off the round quickly. That is a key factor how quickly the shooter had to react to defend his life and limb. How quickly he had to make a decision to shoot.

Also...something else to consider--say the white guy did not shoot but simply pointed the pistol at the black guy. What would have then happened we do not know...and we must look at this from the shooters view point--he was on the ground with a black guy very close--6 to 10 ft. is very close. He really did not know what he was up against or what the black guy was capable of or what he might do next. He did know he had been violently attacked for no reason and that he was on the ground in a very vulnurable position, he was in a black neighborhood with the g/f also close by and she had already gone ballistic on him--so either one or both of them could have rushed him. Covering a distance of 6 to 10 ft. can be done extremely quickly.

Also we must consider what the black guy might have or might not have done....remember he had a history of being arrested for assault and battery. So, let us say the pistol comes up but the white guy does not shoot...what next? Well, when the black guy realizes the white guy does not
appear to be going to shoot him...he will most likely engage him in some sort of conversation...like...whats up dude? What you pointing dat pistol at me for? All the time trying to get a fix on or read the guy as in will he shoot or is he too big a coward to shoot me...sumptin like dat. Perhaps maneuvering even closer whilst engaging the white guy verbally. And, we must remember he had been arrested for assault before so that seems to indicate he had a violent nature.

Thus in a nutshell we can only conjecture at what might have happened if the white guy did not shoot...he was the one who had to make an extremely
fast decision, it was his life on the line. He chose to shoot...I do not think it can be denied that he was in reasonable fear of his life.

Also, a big mistake a lot of folks make is to think that violently prone people are logical, too often they are governed by emotion not logic and anyone familiar with these sorts of scenarios knows it is not uncommon for the perp to get even angrier when someone pulls a pistol on him. So this erroneous belief some have that just because a perp has a pistol aimed at him he is going to give up...maybe in some cases, maybe in even most cases...but not so in all cases. And if your life is on the line...should you gamble the perp is going to be logical and reasonable...especially when he has already violently attacked you for no reason? I don't think
so. It was as they say...a good shoot.

Thus I see no conviction.
"It really does not matter that the black guy took a step or two backward when he saw the pistol come out.. I would not call that 'retreating' I would call it a reaction of supprise at seeing the pistol. Kinda like when you touch a hot stove and jerk your hand back."

The jury called it retreating.

But surveillance video shows McGlockton taking several steps back in the moments before the fatal shot -- a point on which police have challenged Drejka.

"Thus I see no conviction."

Yet one more thing you're wrong about...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/florida-man-found-guilty-of-manslaughter-in-stand-your-ground-trial/ar-AAGeyht?ocid=spartanntp]Michael Drejka found guilty of manslaughter in parking lot shooting that led to 'Stand Your Ground' trial

But we for
bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa laughable. I case you have not noticed this discussion on the clearwater incident reveals a lot of ignorance.....first of all what the law says....and so many on here have no capacity to understand that law as simple as it is.

Do not take any poll conducted on this board as any indicator of anything....other than that so many on here are biased and believe the fake news that is drummed into them daily.

No ability to think for selves logically or even in a common sense mode.

Pathetic is the woid dat comes to mind boyo.
But we for sure should believe your expert opinion. Yeah pathetic would describe that

I am merely telling you what the law says. The law grants the defendant the legal right to use deadly force if he felt his life was in danger and or that he might suffer grievious bodily harm. Yet so many seem unable to grasp that???
No, you are doing more than that. You are also deciding the jury will find he acted in self defense according to the law. Maybe they will, maybe they won’t. Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a hung jury in this case. Regardless, you’re ignoringe that McGlockton was retreating when he was shot. You’re also ignoring the results from the 3D scanner which determined McGlockton was no less than 10 feet away from Drejka when he was shot. If that evidence is presented in court, I can see at least some of the jurors deciding there was no reasonable fear of death or great bodily harm at the moment Drejka pulled the trigger.

Get real boyo, I have no power to decide anything in regards to what the jury will do. I am merely saying I do not think they will be able to convict and yes there very well could be a hung jury because they will have to have at least a couple of negroes on it.

It really does not matter that the black guy took a step or two backward when he saw the pistol come out.. I would not call that 'retreating' I would call it a reaction of supprise at seeing the pistol. Kinda like when you touch a hot stove and jerk your hand back.

Retreating to me means that he is definitely not going to do anything else as in it is over for him. That is a matter of conjecture---maybe it was maybe it was not. No one really knows. Nor can anyone possibly know that.

Also...it is very likely perhaps even probable that the white guy did not even notice the black guy took a step or so backwards....remember he was totally supprised at being violently attacked...perhaps in a little bit of shock as he did not even see the black guy coming. However he quickly realized he was on the ground with a black dude hovering near by. I think most would be in fear of their life and or at least in fear of great bodily harm at that point...hence he reached for his weapon and then aimed and fired...all his
attention being on the target and aiming and getting off the round quickly. That is a key factor how quickly the shooter had to react to defend his life and limb. How quickly he had to make a decision to shoot.

Also...something else to consider--say the white guy did not shoot but simply pointed the pistol at the black guy. What would have then happened we do not know...and we must look at this from the shooters view point--he was on the ground with a black guy very close--6 to 10 ft. is very close. He really did not know what he was up against or what the black guy was capable of or what he might do next. He did know he had been violently attacked for no reason and that he was on the ground in a very vulnurable position, he was in a black neighborhood with the g/f also close by and she had already gone ballistic on him--so either one or both of them could have rushed him. Covering a distance of 6 to 10 ft. can be done extremely quickly.

Also we must consider what the black guy might have or might not have done....remember he had a history of being arrested for assault and battery. So, let us say the pistol comes up but the white guy does not shoot...what next? Well, when the black guy realizes the white guy does not
appear to be going to shoot him...he will most likely engage him in some sort of conversation...like...whats up dude? What you pointing dat pistol at me for? All the time trying to get a fix on or read the guy as in will he shoot or is he too big a coward to shoot me...sumptin like dat. Perhaps maneuvering even closer whilst engaging the white guy verbally. And, we must remember he had been arrested for assault before so that seems to indicate he had a violent nature.

Thus in a nutshell we can only conjecture at what might have happened if the white guy did not shoot...he was the one who had to make an extremely
fast decision, it was his life on the line. He chose to shoot...I do not think it can be denied that he was in reasonable fear of his life.

Also, a big mistake a lot of folks make is to think that violently prone people are logical, too often they are governed by emotion not logic and anyone familiar with these sorts of scenarios knows it is not uncommon for the perp to get even angrier when someone pulls a pistol on him. So this erroneous belief some have that just because a perp has a pistol aimed at him he is going to give up...maybe in some cases, maybe in even most cases...but not so in all cases. And if your life is on the line...should you gamble the perp is going to be logical and reasonable...especially when he has already violently attacked you for no reason? I don't think
so. It was as they say...a good shoot.

Thus I see no conviction.
"It really does not matter that the black guy took a step or two backward when he saw the pistol come out.. I would not call that 'retreating' I would call it a reaction of supprise at seeing the pistol. Kinda like when you touch a hot stove and jerk your hand back."

The jury called it retreating.

But surveillance video shows McGlockton taking several steps back in the moments before the fatal shot -- a point on which police have challenged Drejka.

"Thus I see no conviction."

Yet one more thing you're wrong about...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/florida-man-found-guilty-of-manslaughter-in-stand-your-ground-trial/ar-AAGeyht?ocid=spartanntp]Michael Drejka found guilty of manslaughter in parking lot shooting that led to 'Stand Your Ground' trial
The appeal will be sure to get an impartial judge that will actually allow the defense some room and it will be overturned so you bloody ghouls will have to jerk to some other miscarriage of justice.

Wonder how long his rap sheet is? Shooter most likely did society a favor. Guy was probably in the store to buy a couple 40’s and papers to roll some blunts. Could also have been buying items to smoke crack with.

It was proved in court that his system was loaded with high amounts of two drugs. He had been arrested before for assault.
He was all hyped-up on MDMA

Does that justify shooting him?

Under the law of self defense if you are in reasonable fear of your life you are entitled to use deadly force. Being violently shoved to the ground with your attacker advancing on you...clearly shown in the video should have been considered grounds to put drjeka in fear of his life.

How many times have we seen black thugs in videos beating some old guy to death?

The jury was incompetent.

It's not a reasonable fear when the person you fear is retreating.

Forum List

Back