Convenient store stand-your-ground shooter charged

You lay a hand on me much less push me down I will come out shooting to kill.

Nobody has to wait until their life is in inevitable danger to shoot. When he got pushed down he had no idea what the guy would do.

Why don't you go shove a cop to the ground and see if he doesn't come up popping hot lead at your ass.

Nex thing ya know, anyone that shoves or pushes someone else will be shot. Its bullshit. Dude was a pussy. Dude shoved him and he SHOT HIM. IF the guy was making a move to hurt him further..possibly self defense would come into play. But the guy didn't. He pushed, pansy ass fell down, pulled his gun when dude was backing up, and SHOT HIM.
Fucker needs to be in jail.
This misses the point, as usual.

One person pushing or shoving another person is in of itself a crime – if individuals stop committing that crime, then no one needs to worry about being shot.

then he should have gotten up and pushed him back...not shoot the guy....but then he knew he would have gotten his ass kicked....

According to the story, Drejka was shoved to the ground by McGlockton. McGlockton continued toward Drejka. Drejka sat up, pulled his weapon and fired. One has to expect this in a stand your ground state and a gun happy society such as the United States.
it didnt look that way to me....according to the story i read.....McGlockton leaving the store, walking toward Drejka and shoving him with both hands. Drejka lands on his back and McGlockton takes a step toward him. Drejka sits up, pulls his gun and points it at McGlockton, who takes three steps back until he is about 12 feet away (3.6 meters). Drejka fires, hitting McGlockton, who runs back into the store clutching his chest....if i was on the jury the guy is guilty....

Three steps back is 12 feet?
how far was he away from the guy before he began stepping back?......

"Drejka lands on his back and McGlockton takes a step toward him."

What would you have done being that you were in a stand your ground State?
i would have got up and pushed him back....unless the guy was on top of him beating the shit out of him or had a weapon himself there was no reason to shoot the guy....the guy was a paranoid pussy....

Good. Asshole deserves to be punished for what he did over a fucking parking space.

Drejka was shoved to the ground by McGlockton. Isn't that battery?
Yeah. And he should have been pushed back. There was no need to shoot the guy. Period.
Should have…

Could have…

Would have…

That’s not how the law works.

Mr. McGlockton committed the initial unlawful act, he placed himself in jeopardy, he alone is to blame.

Don’t push someone else.

Don’t shove someone else.

That’s not difficult to understand.

Good. Asshole deserves to be punished for what he did over a fucking parking space.

then he should have gotten up and pushed him back...not shoot the guy....but then he knew he would have gotten his ass kicked....

According to the story, Drejka was shoved to the ground by McGlockton. McGlockton continued toward Drejka. Drejka sat up, pulled his weapon and fired. One has to expect this in a stand your ground state and a gun happy society such as the United States.

Then you got the story wrong.

It's best to watch the video of it.

McGlockton was backing away. Not towards drejka.

mcglockton shooting full video

Both were deemed justified by investigators only to have politically motivated prosecutors champion the case for political reasons only to have their ass handed to them at trail and putting an innocent man through that.

Zimmerman was justified.

This other guy was not. Keep in mind that there is no one more pro-gun and self-defense than I am.

Zimmerman was not justified.

The jury seemed to think so.
The jury found him guilty of Murder 2...the prosecution over charged.

Care to post a link of your claim?

I posted the video.

And yes a tall man's normal stride can be several feet at a time.

it didnt look that way to me....according to the story i read.....McGlockton leaving the store, walking toward Drejka and shoving him with both hands. Drejka lands on his back and McGlockton takes a step toward him. Drejka sits up, pulls his gun and points it at McGlockton, who takes three steps back until he is about 12 feet away (3.6 meters). Drejka fires, hitting McGlockton, who runs back into the store clutching his chest....if i was on the jury the guy is guilty....

And that’s the problem with this unwarranted indictment: it needlessly muddies the legal waters as to how Floridians might lawfully use deadly force in self-defense.

However much one might disagree with the Zimmerman verdict, it nonetheless set precedent in Florida self-defense case law this State attorney is failing to follow.

Zimmerman was justified.

This other guy was not. Keep in mind that there is no one more pro-gun and self-defense than I am.

Investigators said this guy was justified.

Makes it hard in court. Bigley.

The video tape over rides what investigators said.

The self defense was the unarmed man defending the woman in the car.

Which the video tape more than justifies.

You don't get to pull your gun because you got punked.

Zimmerman was justified.

Investigators said this guy was justified.

Makes it hard in court. Bigley.

The video tape over rides what investigators said.

The self defense was the unarmed man defending the woman in the car.

Which the video tape more than justifies.

You don't get to pull your gun because you got punked.
Self defense ended once he drew his gun and the unarmed man backed away

And that’s the problem with this unwarranted indictment: it needlessly muddies the legal waters as to how Floridians might lawfully use deadly force in self-defense.

However much one might disagree with the Zimmerman verdict, it nonetheless set precedent in Florida self-defense case law this State attorney is failing to follow.
It rests solely on when you change from being the attacked to being the attacker

Manslaughter charge filed in Florida's latest 'stand your ground' killing

McCabe said his office’s inquiry determined manslaughter charges were warranted.

“Law enforcement does investigations; we determine who to charge,’’ McCabe told USA TODAY. “We conducted our own investigation, reviewed all their reports, interviewed the witnesses, looked at all the tapes and film, and I made the decision legally that this is a charge that we should file and we can prove.’’

Then you got the story wrong.

It's best to watch the video of it.

McGlockton was backing away. Not towards drejka.

mcglockton shooting full video
And ‘backing away’ as subjectively perceived by others isn’t relevant in Florida self-defense law.

What is relevant is the shooter’s perception, that he can claim in good faith he perceived a threat, that it did not seem to the shooter that his assailant was ‘backing away,’ that the shooter’s assailant was just as likely preparing to attack him again – all of which is lawful justification for the use of deadly force.

Nope, this was not self defense. The man did not approach the guy on the ground and backed up when the gun was pointed at him. When the shooter fired, that is when he gave up stand his ground.

The problem I have is that people misinterpret the statute and are emboldened to use a gun,’’ O’Mara said. “Look at this case. Pointing the gun? Absolutely. Shooting a warning shot? Fine. But shooting him?’’

McGlockton’s family and civil rights groups had held protests calling for Drejka to be charged. Benjamin Crump, who serves as the family attorney and came into prominence six years ago representing Martin’s family, said Monday’s decision was a long time coming.

“This self-appointed wannabe cop attempted to hide behind ‘Stand Your Ground’ to defend his indefensible actions, but the truth has finally cut through the noise,” Crump said in a statement. “I have full faith that this truth will prevail to punish this cold-blooded killer who angrily created the altercation that led to Markeis’ needless death.”

And ‘backing away’ as subjectively perceived by others isn’t relevant in Florida self-defense law.

What is relevant is the shooter’s perception, that he can claim in good faith he perceived a threat, that it did not seem to the shooter that his assailant was ‘backing away,’ that the shooter’s assailant was just as likely preparing to attack him again – all of which is lawful justification for the use of deadly force.

As degrading as this person is to other viewpoints, he/she has this right.

Nope, this was not self defense. The man did not approach the guy on the ground and backed up when the gun was pointed at him. When the shooter fired, that is when he gave up stand his ground.
Incorrect.

In Florida a self-defense claim is subject to an extremely low standard; a ‘scintilla’ of evidence is determined to be sufficient, including a self-defense claim that is weak or improbable, such as in this case the shooter’s perception that his attacker was backing up in preparation to attack him again.

It’s what the defendant believes and perceives – and the law requires a jury to be instructed accordingly.

Jones, I will listen to the DA and the sheriff for qualified legal points of view. You and Oodles can chime all you want, but the DA will easily pierce the self-justification and subjectivity of the defendant without any problem. Watch.

New Topics

Forum List

Back