Consumer safety board to weigh regulations on gas stoves

Who the fuck uses auto cook?
Never in my life have I felt the need to use that function.
Just like my damn refrigerator that can connect to my phone.
Who the hell uses shit like that?
I often cook pot roast all day while away at work in electric crock pot. There are many new auto cook options available.

That and with gas when you turn down the temp it happens immediately.
Once you get a practiced eye you can turn on a gas stove and know right off the bat just by looking at the flame how hot it's going to be.
I hate our electric oven. The temp will fluctuate plus or minus 30 degrees and it's a GE Profile.
I found this out by accident while reading about stoves and their temp holding abilities. It turns out all electric stoves are like this.
No, they're not. Indeed, many companies offer dual-fuel stoves, with a gas range and electric oven. (My mother has one.) It holds temperature perfectly.

Hotpoint, I think. Dual-fuel, with convection.

From what I just read they fluctuate as well.
Recicepes even account for oven fluctuation.
I found out about my oven fluctuating by accident. One of my temp probes somehow fell out of a roast I was making.
Went to check the temp and it read 300 degrees. Of course if your roast ever gets that hot it's waaay over done!!
When I finished the roast I put one of the probes I use to monitor my BBQ pit in the oven and sure enough it varied plus or minus 30 degrees so a 60 degree swing.
I thought the oven was fucked up so of course I got online only to find out this is standard with all ovens gas or electric.

Forum List

Back