Consumer Confidence Highest in Five Years

Aug 7, 2012
Consumer Confidence Highest in Five Years

Another sign that the economy is recovering is that consumer confidence in the economy is at the highest level in 5 years according to the October University of Michigan survey. Rising stock and property prices as well as falling unemployment are responsible for consumer having a brighter outlook. It is expected that an improving economy will blunt one of Mitt Romney's key arguments: that Obama has mismanaged the economy.

5 years ago, Bush was well into his 2nd term as POTUS. So you are implying that obama has finally risen to Bush's level.

Obama has finally got the country in recovery, after suffering through years of the Bush disaster. Bush delivered the greatest economic collapse since the Great Depression. Now Willard wants to return to the Bush days.

Consumer Confidence up and Unemployment is dropping. Obama will point these things out on Tuesday night.:clap2:

5 years ago, Bush was well into his 2nd term as POTUS. So you are implying that obama has finally risen to Bush's level.

Obama has finally got the country in recovery, after suffering through years of the Bush disaster. Bush delivered the greatest economic collapse since the Great Depression. Now Willard wants to return to the Bush days.

Consumer Confidence up and Unemployment is dropping. Obama will point these things out on Tuesday night.:clap2:

<ignoring your extreme ignorance about economics>

5 years ago was Bush's 7th year as POTUS, if his policies were that bad why did it take 7 years?

This is another fudged number just like the unemployment numbers released last week. The internet has exposed that. The corporate media won't do so since they are racist and refuse to call a black president a liar.

<ignoring your extreme ignorance about economics>

5 years ago was Bush's 7th year as POTUS, if his policies were that bad why did it take 7 years?

The down tick started in 2006...and we all know what happened that year. This was all predictable (and I did).

Hmmm the R said they didn't care about facts, then they said the unemployment numbers were not true ... What will their excuse be about this?

Its not like they have to get very creative - rw's will fall for any lie, even if they use it over and over again.

I hope it is a Romney presidency, but things are getting better under the Obama presidency without help from the GOP in Congress.

Hmmm the R said they didn't care about facts, then they said the unemployment numbers were not true ... What will their excuse be about this?

Its not like they have to get very creative - rw's will fall for any lie, even if they use it over and over again.

If God forbid, Romney was in the WH, these would be absolute, irrefutable facts! :tongue::D

So, it went up from 78 to 83 in one month, do you really believe that? Of course you do, just like you also believe that 873,000 people got jobs last month, which is how we dropped the UE down to 7.8%.

I've seen other confidence surveys that are less optimistic. Bloomberg does a weekly one, it had a drop last week, and I've also seen surveys of CEOs and employers who are indicating little or no optimism in the economy or in hiring at least until after the 1st of the year and the picture clears for the looming fiscal cliff. So you can pop the champaign if you want, but we've not been able to sustain any kind of decent recovery over the past 4 years. I think I'll wait a little longer to get excited.

Forum List

Back