CONSTRUCTION SPENDING The monthly changes are volatile but the trend is strongly DOWN

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
CONSTRUCTION SPENDING

The monthly changes are volatile, but the trend is strongly DOWN and offsets the slight gain in manufacturing we have seen in the past few months. (i.e. we are still collapsing.)

FEB 2010 – 1.3%
JAN 2010 – 1.4%
DEC 2009 – 1.2%
NOV 2009 – 0.6%
OCT 2009 – 0.5%
SEP 2009 – 1.6%
AUG 2009 + 0.1%
JUL 2009 – 1.1%
JUN 2009 + 0.1%
MAY 2009 – 0.9%
APR 2009 + 0.6%
MAR 2009 + 0.3%
FEB 2009 – 1.0%
JAN 2009 – 3.5%
DEC 2008 – 2.4%
NOV 2008 – 1.2%
OCT 2008 – 0.4%
SEP 2008 0.0
AUG 2008 + 0.3
JUL 2008 – 1.4
JUN 2008 + 0.3
MAY 2008 0.0
APR 2008 – 0.1
MAR 2008 – 1.1

You have never followed the construction industry have you?

Construction is always fucked in any downturn especially in one that was created by a mortgage free for all in which anyong who breathed could get a loan.

We have a home and comercial glut.

It will not recover until everhything else is recovered.

Truthmattersnot continues in her state of denial.

The economy is not getting better:

Big losers in the ADP report were the construction industry, which lost 43,000 jobs in March, and factories, which shed 9,000 jobs.

washingtonpost.com

Temporary census jobs for ACORN workers aren't going to save us. Nor will 16,500 IRS agents to do monthly checks on our health care status. Nor will the staff for 159 more government agencies to decide who gets health care...

Of course manufacturing output is up. Last year companies liquidated tons of inventory. We are in a replacement cycle with grossly underutilized capacity being put into production.

Manufacturing employment declined. That tells the truer picture.

You have never followed the construction industry have you?

Construction is always fucked in any downturn especially in one that was created by a mortgage free for all in which anyong who breathed could get a loan.

We have a home and comercial glut.

It will not recover until everhything else is recovered.
There have been many recessionary episodes in which construction did not collapse like it has in this Depression. What you say about a mortgage free for all is the truth and it does matter, so in your post, you have earned your name back. Now, Truthmatters, the fact remains that this is a catastrophic collapse, not just a recession. How long the Obama administration can delude the ignorant public into believing that we are in recovery I do not know, but when the general awareness does occur people will start pulling their life investments out of stocks and we could see a market collapse surpassing the one of a year ago.

The Obama administration has not given us jobs. In my opinion, we have to play hardball with the Chinese who are undercutting our currency with their grossly undervalued Yuan. I think it is time for us to take the ball and the bat and go home. (i.e. shut down the ports to imports of Chinese goods!)

When the Chinese come to our door with cap in hand and beg for us to come out to play, we must insist on an equal playing field. Either that or we become isolationistic and ask our neighbors if they want to form a United States of North America and trade within our own economic block. The governments of Mexico and points south will not go for it, but the people of Mexico and those little countries will vote for union in overwhelming numbers. We need to develop our oil shale deposits in both Canada and the US. We need to drill off of the North Shore of Alaska where the world's richest oil deposits lay untapped but charted. We need to turn this into a continental paradise where we can all retire to Panama (I really like that last idea. I am getting fed up with all of this cold weather.)

Forum List

Back