Constitutional Rights Have Limits

Viktor

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2013
Southern California
The guarrantee of freedom of religion does not cover human sacrifice or multiple wives or use of dangerous drugs.

The right to bear arms does not cover bombs or machine guns or flame throwers or artillery. Private citizens may not own fighter jets or missiles.

The right of free speech does not protect Perjury, Obstruction of justice, extortion, obscenity or liable or slander.

These limits set forth in statutes or case law.

I never understood the more than one wife thing.....I mean if you are manly enough and can support them and the multiple children on your own dime then go for it. ;)
So the elite get thousands of wives in their harem raising armies of children, so you don't get any & must pleasure yourself.

I never understood the more than one wife thing.....I mean if you are manly enough and can support them and the multiple children on your own dime then go for it. ;)

By that measure, a woman should be able to have multiple husbands.....
I mean if she is womanly enough and can support them and the multiple children on her own dime then go for it. ;)

Equality eh ?

Private citizens may not own fighter jets

In fact, Americans CAN own fighter jets ... just not armed ones.

l39-albatros-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Attachments

• 27732_1518958866.jpg
    27732_1518958866.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 54
And if the wives don't mind.........

And a woman should be able to have multiple husbands.

The guarrantee of freedom of religion does not cover human sacrifice or multiple wives or use of dangerous drugs.

The right to bear arms does not cover bombs or machine guns or flame throwers or artillery. Private citizens may not own fighter jets or missiles.

The right of free speech does not protect Perjury, Obstruction of justice, extortion, obscenity or liable or slander.

If people could get the word "Rights" out of their heads and concentrate on "Responsibilities", the world would be a much better place.

Polygamy was common in the ancient world, but not anymore. I suspect its a morals question.

So the government is pushing it's religious values on the citizenry?

As far as government is concerned marriage is nothing but a property contract therefore if more than 2 people want to enter into that contract it is none of the government's business.

Just like the right to an abortion - it is neither unlimited or absolute, as set forth by Roe v Wade and the cases that followed.

Do you consider children to be property? Without them, adults can enter into any contract they want. Why bother calling some a "marriage contract?"

you don;t have to be married to be held legally responsible for your children.

Most people marry before they have kids anyway so once again the only real issue is property
More and more married people aren't having children as well.

Just like the right to an abortion - it is neither unlimited or absolute, as set forth by Roe v Wade and the cases that followed.
But it is a right, with limitations and responsibilities like any other right.

Roe v Wade was a bad ruling. The Constitution does not even mention abortion. A Texas law which ignored it was upheld by the Supreme ct and a direct challenge to it is now before the court.

Forum List

Back