Constitutional Convention?

Me too They could dissolve the court too. I cant find legal, or Constitutional grounds for a state to withdraw. The Articles of Confederation contained the right for a State to withdraw, but the framers of the Constitution left it out. The reason for leaving it out was (Just conjecture) to keep every minor disagreement from becoming a threat to dissolve the Union

Art III authorizes the Court.

An amendment would be required to eliminate it.

Me too They could dissolve the court too. I cant find legal, or Constitutional grounds for a state to withdraw. The Articles of Confederation contained the right for a State to withdraw, but the framers of the Constitution left it out. The reason for leaving it out was (Just conjecture) to keep every minor disagreement from becoming a threat to dissolve the Union

The reason it was left out is that the Constitution changed the nature of individual States. Under the Article of Confederation, they remained sovereign....with the Union being merely a 'league of friendship'. Under the Constitution, the States ceased to be individual sovereigns and instead became members of a republic.

Ah well That's a long drawn out discussion, I don't even have the time for. Good call though maybe a little simplified like my "disagreement" Since the war powers, treaty limits, military appointments, and A myriad of other things changed from one to the other. Back in a few weeks to see whats up!!

Simply declare war and then win. That is how to leave the Union, good luck with that! Oh, and good luck with the UN also. Although that could change with Hillary or Bern in office. "What, me worry?" nah.

Cons should all move to Texas and get minimum wage jobs working in the oil fields, then secede.

I hear the cartels in Mexico are looking to invade a small country to make their new stronghold, you cons could fight the Alamo battle all over again! Yeeehawww.

Cons should all move to Texas and get minimum wage jobs working in the oil fields, then secede.

I hear the cartels in Mexico are looking to invade a small country to make their new stronghold, you cons could fight the Alamo battle all over again! Yeeehawww.

You don't need to secede.
All the millionaires know how to deduct enough business expenses where they can do what they want outside govt, and give the very minimum to govt.

Forum List

Back