Constitutional Carry signed by Governor in Arizona today!!!

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Today, Arizona Governor Jan Brewer (R) signed an important NRA-backed bill into law, which removes the licensure requirement for law-abiding citizens who choose to carry a concealed firearm in the state of Arizona. Senate Bill 1108 passed the state House on April 8, by a vote of 36-19 with five absent votes and the state Senate by a vote of 20-10 in late March.

“This is a major victory for gun owners in Arizona, and I would like to thank Governor Jan Brewer, as well as the primary bill sponsor, Senator Russell Pearce (R-Mesa), for their leadership in working to improve the self-defense rights of law-abiding citizens in Arizona," said Chris W. Cox, executive director of NRA-ILA. “Both Governor Brewer and state Senator Pearce have been strong supporters of the NRA. The NRA is also grateful to the legislators who voted for this measure making Arizona the third state in the nation behind Vermont and Alaska to offer its residents a constitutional carry option."

SB 1108 replaces Arizona’s former law, which required anyone who wished to defend themselves outside their home to possess a state-issued concealed carry permit. In Arizona’s constitution, Article 2, Section 26 states "the right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself or the state shall not be impaired…" The intention of this language could not be clearer.

Arizona residents will still be required to obtain a permit to carry concealed firearms across state lines in those states that have reciprocity agreements with Arizona.

"SB 1108 will enhance the rights of law-abiding Arizonans," concluded Cox.
The effective date for this bill has yet to be determined.

-NRA-
Established in 1871, the National Rifle Association is America’s oldest civil rights and sportsmen's group. Four million members strong, NRA continues its mission to uphold Second Amendment rights and to advocate enforcement of existing laws against violent offenders to reduce crime. The Association remains the nation's leader in firearm education and training for law-abiding gun owners, law enforcement and the military.

NRA-ILA :: Governor Brewer Signs Arizona Constitutional Carry into Law

This was posted Friday the 16th. :eusa_clap:

Last edited:
How long ago?

There is a violent crime every 18 minutes in Arizona

http://www.azdps.gov/About/Reports/docs/Crime_In_Arizona_Report_2008.pdf

Now that this was signed by the Governor of AZ, I think your comment should read:

"There WAS a violent crime every 18 minutes in Arizona" :lol:

Now maybe some of those criminals will think before they attack someone, they just might get shot, legally :clap2:

They wont be the only ones getting shot.

Do you remember the stories of the wild west?

There was a reason guns laws were voted in in hte first place

Now all the 65 year olds can have a gay ole time. :lol:

I think I know one young person who lives in Arizona. :lol:

The wild wild west is back

You retards keep saying that at every passing of an open or concealed carry law and it has YET to happen. For about 10 years now you have resorted to that claim and yet NOT once has it happened. Go figure.

I would be willing to bet you five thousand dollars that, at least once, in the next ten years, some innocent person is going to get shot by a civilian carrying a weapon in the state of AZ.

Wanna bet?

You retards keep saying that at every passing of an open or concealed carry law and it has YET to happen. For about 10 years now you have resorted to that claim and yet NOT once has it happened. Go figure.

I would be willing to bet you five thousand dollars that, at least once, in the next ten years, some innocent person is going to get shot by a civilian carrying a weapon in the state of AZ.

Wanna bet?
I am willing to bet you that, at least once, in the next ten years, some criminal scumbag is going to try and rob some innocent person and get shot in the face by a civilian carrying a weapon on the state of AZ.

Wanna bet?

Wanna bet?

So what? The odds are so small as to be insignificant, or are you saying that we should ban all cars because 40000 innocent people die a year in car accidents?

Forum List

Back