Constitution Day

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
A big salute to former Democrat Senator Robert Byrd, WV (yes - I am aware of his long and ugly history). He lead efforts to pass a law requiring every single employee of the Executive branch (and that of course includes the U.S. President) to receive training about the U.S. Constitution every September 17th (the Constitution was signed September 17, 1787). The law also includes every school that receives federal funding (including universities) to cover the Constitution with all students as well on that day.

Of course, that isn't happening. Only 10% of high school students say that they've received such training. I think it is imperative that the American people start calling their representatives and demand that this federal law be followed. Even more importantly, the American people need to start calling their school board and demand that their local schools adhere to this federal law.

Constitution Day and Citizenship Day

Constitution Day (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's the Law: Government Agencies, Schools and Universities Mark Constitution Day | Fox News

I think congressmen are the ones who really need the class.

The reality is - 75% of America needs. Anyone outside of the Tea Party is in desperate need of it.
I went to public school decades ago and we NEVER studied the Constitution. So...this is nothing new. Since the Left took over the government school system in the 1960s, you find little Constitutional teaching.

The reality is - 75% of America needs. Anyone outside of the Tea Party is in desperate need of it.
I went to public school decades ago and we NEVER studied the Constitution. So...this is nothing new. Since the Left took over the government school system in the 1960s, you find little Constitutional teaching.
Sad isn't it? The left is so desperate for power and control over others that they will do anything to distort the Constitution and prevent people from understanding their rights. It's really something just to watch the little liberal minions here lose their mind when someone properly references the U.S. Constitution.

Problems Of Democracy used to be a basic high school course. Such a study is essential to citizenship in such a governmental system.

the Constitution needs more than just one day a year, it should be required in every class room from 4th grade thru high school one full subject every week. :up:

the Constitution needs more than just one day a year, it should be required in every class room from 4th grade thru high school one full subject every week. :up:
I couldn't agree more! But forcing the left to actually adhere to federal law is a starting point at least. Lets start from there and build on it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back