Conspiracy Theorist Dave Daubenmire Claims Democrats Have a Secret Plan to Make Obama President Again

Hey !! Sounds good to me. This guy is a nut case I'm sure that there has not been such a plan. However, he has planted a seed and maybe it will grow.

According to the Presidential Succession Act, if both the president and vice president are unable to serve, then the Speaker of the House becomes president. Right now that post is filled by Nancy Pelosi, but Daubenmire claims that Democrats will instead elected Barack Obama to serve as House Speaker, thereby allowing him to become president again.

Now lets look at what the Presidential Succession Act actually says:

Yes, the Speaker of the House is indeed third in line for the Presidency

According to the Presidential Succession Act, if both the president and vice president are unable to serve, then the Speaker of the House becomes president. Right now that post is filled by Nancy Pelosi, but Daubenmire claims that Democrats will instead elected Barack Obama to serve as House Speaker, thereby allowing him to become president again.

This, Daubenmire said, is all part of a plan to get around the 22nd Amendment, which prohibits anyone from being “elected to the office of the president more than twice.”

And he might actually be right. The 22nd Amendment states:

Twenty-Second Amendment Annotated Section 1 No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.
Note the wording: No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice,...
The operative word being "elected" Obviously, if the speaker of the house is elevated to the office of President, he is not being elected to that office. The tricky part is getting Obama elected to congress and then elected as speaker. But hell, I say go for it!!

I like Jo and Kamila but there is only one Obama

In order for Obama to be made speaker of the House, he would have to be a representative of the House. Currently, Obama is a civilian, and has not indicated any interest in running for office again.

Besides..................in order for that conspiracy theory to become reality, Obama would have to have been on the ticket this year to become a Representative, and then he would have to win a seat.

Sorry, but this theory holds no water.

(Yeah, I know, logic and reality are a bitch when it comes to conspiracy theories like this).

In order for Obama to be made speaker of the House, he would have to be a representative of the House. Currently, Obama is a civilian, and has not indicated any interest in running for office again.

Besides..................in order for that conspiracy theory to become reality, Obama would have to have been on the ticket this year to become a Representative, and then he would have to win a seat.

(Yeah, I know, logic and reality are a bitch when it comes to conspiracy theories like this).
Yes I know. Just playing with the idea. It is intriguing

"Ahh" no he does not! The house of reps can vote anyone into the speakership, anyone! :wink:

"Ahh" no he does not! The house of reps can vote anyone into the speakership, anyone! :wink:
He does not what?? We know that the house can elect anyone to speaker. What is your point? Biker is right. Obama needs to get elected to congress and it does not seem like that is about to happen.

In order for Obama to be made speaker of the House, he would have to be a representative of the House. Currently, Obama is a civilian, and has not indicated any interest in running for office again. Besides..................in order for that conspiracy theory to become reality, Obama would have to have been on the ticket this year to become a Representative, and then he would have to win a seat. Sorry, but this theory holds no water. (Yeah, I know, logic and reality are a bitch when it comes to conspiracy theories like this).
"Ahh" no he does not! The house of reps can vote anyone into the speakership, anyone!
Let's call a special session then. If confirming a SC justice only takes a couple of weeks, getting a Speaker before the election should be a piece of cake. Democracy on steroids!!!

After being in the Senate and then being President, I'm not sure why he'd even want to consider running for a House seat. No power in it.
I know there are people that want him to get back into politics by running for the Senate again, but I just don't see that happening. If I were him, I'd have had enough. :)

Forum List

Back