Conservatives: Who would give you pause?

Dr Grump

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2006
From the Back of Beyond
Just reading another thread where somebody said that nutters were running the Dem party. IMO, the GoP aren't doing much better. Yet some say, Bush is not conservative enough. Can any conservative give me any member of their party that gives them the shits? Like, if they woke up tomorrow and read the headline "So-and-so in charge of the GoP", you'd go, "Man, are we in the crap now". And why? Just interested....

Just reading another thread where somebody said that nutters were running the Dem party. IMO, the GoP aren't doing much better. Yet some say, Bush is not conservative enough. Can any conservative give me any member of their party that gives them the shits? Like, if they woke up tomorrow and read the headline "So-and-so in charge of the GoP", you'd go, "Man, are we in the crap now". And why? Just interested....

Arlen Specter.

John McCain.

Mark Foley.

Sorry, Dr Grump - I missed the part where you asked why. Overall, I don't think any one of the three is terribly intelligent or scrupulous. By way of illustration - I don't think Gulliani is my idea of a stalwart conservative, but I consider him very smart and reasonably honest. I wouldn't turn away from the GOP out of hand if Rudy achieved some measure of ascendancy; I'd listen to what he had to say.

The aforementioned other three, I've heard and seen enough of...

Arlen Spector.
Bill Frist (recently).
John McCain (although if it was he or Hillary, he gets my vote).
In point of fact I'm very unhappy with most of the conservative leadership, not because I disagree with them philosophically, but they don't have any backbone in leadership these days, and the Dems will always fight dirty.

That said I won't vote liberal just to show my displeasure as that would be political suicide at a time when this country doesn't have the luxury to be in that position.

John McCain

Arlen Specter

The rest will never reach the top. Specter is too old to be the top guy but McCain seriously thinks he's going to get elected as the Rep nominee. That scares me. I don't mind some Democrats like Lieberman and such because they are truthful and call themselves Democrats. McCain calls himself a Republican when he undermines the Republican majority every chance he can. He doesnt push for Conservative ideals like SS Reform yet he wants people to consider him a tough conservative. I don't buy it. I'll never buy it.

Although this is just a hypothetical, and would never in practicality be in charge of the party... I would say the worst currently elected person in Washington on the GOP side is Ted Stevens.

Arlen Specter.

John McCain.

Mark Foley.

Nice list. I might add Karl Rove and Ken Mehlman, but they sort of ARE in charge of the party.

gopjeff said:
Pat Robertson.

David Duke.

Jerry Falwell.

Robertson and Falwell are jokers. I realize Duke is out there, but we'd have closed borders and deported illegals faster than you could say "Hey, Jose." And unlike Pat and Jerry, he's actually held elective office before.

http://www.davidduke.com/

WJ posts:

Robertson and Falwell are jokers. I realize Duke is out there, but we'd have closed borders and deported illegals faster than you could say "Hey, Jose." And unlike Pat and Jerry, he's actually held elective office before.

What IS the worst of many evils?

I want our boarders closed, NOW.

I want our leaders to stand for something, NOW.

I want people that are elected to political office, to do what they say they are going to do, NOW.

Duke is only "out there" because he is one of only a few, that actually does what he says he is going to do, how unusual, and at the same time REFRESHING.

Forum List

Back