Conservatives riled up over registering women for draft

I'm not questioning the abilities of women. As you've describe what women are doing in the higher ranks is admirable... That is why I find that women should also be subject to the U.S. conscription laws. The service of women in the military is just as worthy as men serving in the military, but not on the front lines.

A few years ago, traveling in Israel, I saw a troop of female IDF soldiers jogging on Masada.....had to be 100°

1627256018018.png

Women want to be treated as equals? This is equal.

You can't say you want to be equal but also want to be treated special.

A few years ago, traveling in Israel, I saw a troop of female IDF soldiers jogging on Masada.....had to be 100°

View attachment 517318

As and example:
**********​
**********​

Women want to be treated as equals? This is equal.

You can't say you want to be equal but also want to be treated special.
The gentlemen are body slammed to the floor by their M.P.'s and superiors and their hats kindly removed for them out of respect for these ladies. That's your equality.

I care about them there's just nothing I can do about it and it doesn't impact me so why should I worry about it was more what I was saying.
Why?
What's your view on abortion? Opposed? You can't have one so what's your interest?

Even in this thread, what's your interest?
You won't get drafted so...

Better yet, since neither of these impact you directly, WHY OPPOSE THEM?

Lack of empathy in a defined mark of the GOP.

What's your view on abortion? Opposed?

Yes, but now we're getting off topic. Just because it doesn't impact me doesn't mean I don't have empathy for others,.. it just means that I don't care about myself in this situation since I won't be involved. I already specifically told you that.

The Senate’s NDAA, which the committee approved on July 21, contains an amendment by the panel's chairman, Jack Reed of Rhode Island, that would require women to sign up with Selective Service, just as men do between the ages of 18 and 25. If enacted, women could be drafted into military service in the event of a national emergency, though there is no prospect of that on the horizon, and no American has been drafted in nearly half a century.

If the bill became law in its present form, women would have to start registering one year after enactment of the NDAA, a knowledgeable Senate aide told CQ Roll Call.

But while most of the committee's Republicans voted for the amendment, five voted no, senators and aides disclosed. And two of them, who normally are strong advocates for supporting the military — Tom Cotton of Arkansas and Josh Hawley of Missouri — voted against the Pentagon authorization bill because of their concerns about the draft issue, their aides revealed Friday.

I continue to maintain the position that this is not equality. The pretense that it is pisses me off. It's about expendability. That said, my son is not expendable by virtue of being male.
Conservatives needlessly riled up over registering women for draft; this is a non-issue.

WTF are you talking about?
There are communists in the court martial district. Militant radical feminists who are of the Communist Party culture are given desk duty in control of personnel disciplinary proceedings.

So you've got "the usual" corporate sexual harassment lawsuits and the college campus rape claims, but it it's all that and much much worse on top of it because it's military, you've got actual criminal charges for allegations of male-female adultery or infidelity, there's an awful stench in the women's locker room, and they demand a strictly sexsegregated female only workspace not to be invaded by male personnel under any circumstances. Chelsea Manning not welcome.

Worse than the Muslim extremists these people fight in the Middle East — and that's where they learn all that sort of vice from.

Conservatives needlessly riled up over registering women for draft; this is a non-issue.
It's an issue for the 17 year olds. It's an issue for my own kid.

You and I don't have to worry about it as it pertains to us because we won't be included in any draft.

Riled up?

I doubt it. No one really cares. This is why this has not happened sooner. The draft is background noise at this point - no one is getting drafted from this generation or the next.

Yes, but now we're getting off topic. Just because it doesn't impact me doesn't mean I don't have empathy for others,.. it just means that I don't care about myself in this situation since I won't be involved. I already specifically told you that.
Aside from the fact you just admitted having no empathy while claiming to have empathy,

the simple fact, as pointed out in the question, you care about things without caring about the people involved.
You are the definition of a conservative Republican in 2021.

I don't mean that as an insult. It simply is. Like red hair or freckles. Pointing them out is not insulting and having them is neither good nor bad.

We return you to your regularly scheduled denials.

Aside from the fact you just admitted having no empathy while claiming to have empathy,

the simple fact, as pointed out in the question, you care about things without caring about the people involved.
You are the definition of a conservative Republican in 2021.

I don't mean that as an insult. It simply is. Like red hair or freckles. Pointing them out is not insulting and having them is neither good nor bad.

We return you to your regularly scheduled denials.

Whatever. You know what I said. :rolleyes:

New Topics

Forum List

Back