Conservatives Developing New Movement to Fight Radical Islam

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
A New Movement against Radical Islam?
World Net Daily
December 2, 2006

Two conservative activists deeply involved in the anti-communism movement of the past are planning a broad strategy of re-creating those efforts in a new mass movement to fight radical Islam.

Jack Wheeler, a strategist credited with formulating "the Reagan Doctrine" that helped bring down the Soviet Empire, and Steve Baldwin, a former California legislator and the executive director of the Council for National Policy, have teamed up for what they describe as the creation of an "Anti-Islamofascism Movement."

"One cannot write the history of the Cold War without acknowledging the key role played by the American Anti-Communist Movement," they write in a memo to conservative leaders. "It was a broad movement involving many different organizations that, for decades, kept its focus on the defeat of the Soviet Empire. And it succeeded."

Wheeler and Baldwin say anti-communism was "the defining issue that brought hundreds of thousands of people into the conservative movement in the 1950s, 60s and 70s. There was a sense that this movement had to be successful if not only America but Western Civilization itself were to survive."

They say the current war of global conquest being waged by Islamofascists will be an even tougher fight than the battle that focused on the Soviet Union.

"But we don't seem to be prepared for this war," they write. "Unlike the movement created during the Cold War, there doesn't seem to be much of an infrastructure to combat Islamofascism."

The agenda for such a movement should include the following activities and efforts, they say:

--investigate radical mosques

--support anti-Islamofascist freedom fighters

--thwart attempts to impose Sharia law

--form an anti-Islamofascist publishing network

--create an anti-Islamofascist portal on the Internet

--establish an anti-Islamofascist speakers bureau

--wage an ideological assault on Islamofascism

--support efforts to evangelize Muslims in Europe and the Middle East

--create a global anti-Islamofascist coalition

--reframe the illegal immigration issue as one of national security

--end dependence on foreign oil that's funding the Islamofascists.

Planning meetings through regular teleconferencing are already underway. There is a new secure Internet forum where ideas are being exchanged. There is also an e-mail address where those interested in the "movement" can make their intention known – [email protected]. Those wishing to participate in the forum are asked to provide some information about their own background, interests and skills so they can be directed to specific project areas. Additional information is available at the 910blog.

"This needs to be done in order to preserve both America and Western Civilization," Wheeler and Baldwin say. "Without the anti-Communist movement, it's likely we would still be in the midst of the Cold War today. Wise men and women rose up to the challenge and created a movement that was very much opposed by the existing political and media establishment. But we won. Then we all went to sleep."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53190

Sounds good. The question is will we ever elect someone with the balls to do it.

My guess is no....

Tooooo late. Like Hawk said, 'will we ever elect someone with the balls to do it'.

I thought Bush would, but all he's done is lost the Congress, the White House and most of his supporters..Yeah, close that barn door now Bubba, now that they all got out already! Too late.

The agenda for such a movement should include the following activities and efforts, they say:

[1]--investigate radical mosques

[2]--support anti-Islamofascist freedom fighters

[3]--thwart attempts to impose Sharia law

[4]--form an anti-Islamofascist publishing network

[5]--create an anti-Islamofascist portal on the Internet

[6]--establish an anti-Islamofascist speakers bureau

[7]--wage an ideological assault on Islamofascism

[8]--support efforts to evangelize Muslims in Europe and the Middle East

[9]--create a global anti-Islamofascist coalition

[10]--reframe the illegal immigration issue as one of national security

[11] --end dependence on foreign oil that's funding the Islamofascists.

We already have much of this in place.
1. Patriot Act
2. Iraq and Afghanistan fronts
3. Not really an issue in the US. Europe is doing this, especially the UK.
4. Tons of stuff “bin” written
5. Dozens of web sites too!
6. Lots of ‘em already, though we could use more.
7. talk radio deals with this daily
8. The government should do this, but the “separation” issue won’t let us
9. The UN does not have the balls, but NATO could
10. Agreed
11. Agreed

So IMO Bush has done OK so far, in spite of being thwarted at every turn by the Democrats. He has fallen on his face on issues 10 and 11.

The President didn't lose Congress. They did a fine job of that themselves. I swear I will never understand why so many people think that ONE MAN makes all these decisions. Katrina was Bushs' fault, 9/11 was Bushs' fault, Gas prices are Bushs' fault. My, my, my.....Congress lost because they did nothing for the last 6 years. Same reason the Democrats lost it in 95. Congress always gets like that. They get burned out. They should just limit how long a Congressman serves. I like the 2 year terms, but let's say they can only serve 8 yrs total. Then you would have people in there that really wants to make a difference...Not someone in there that only wants to make a six figure salary for as long as no one in their district can beat them. Let's face it. The majority doesn't really give a crap about "America". They just don't. They want whats best for them. Not their friends, not their states, not the nation..But themselves. That's it. At least a President only has 8 years they can serve. That's smart. Lifelong Congressman is a bad idea. It's also pretty common. They make decisions too. Not just the President. Why limit one, and not the other?

The President didn't lose Congress. They did a fine job of that themselves. I swear I will never understand why so many people think that ONE MAN makes all these decisions. Katrina was Bushs' fault, 9/11 was Bushs' fault, Gas prices are Bushs' fault. My, my, my.....Congress lost because they did nothing for the last 6 years. Same reason the Democrats lost it in 95. Congress always gets like that. They get burned out. They should just limit how long a Congressman serves. I like the 2 year terms, but let's say they can only serve 8 yrs total. Then you would have people in there that really wants to make a difference...Not someone in there that only wants to make a six figure salary for as long as no one in their district can beat them. Let's face it. The majority doesn't really give a crap about "America". They just don't. They want whats best for them. Not their friends, not their states, not the nation..But themselves. That's it. At least a President only has 8 years they can serve. That's smart. Lifelong Congressman is a bad idea. It's also pretty common. They make decisions too. Not just the President. Why limit one, and not the other?

I agree. Seems to me that the overturn was BECAUSE the conservatives did not act like conservatives. Notices that the majority of dems elected ran to the right of their opposition? I'd say that will cause problems down the line, but really am not so sure, as there are many remaining 'republicans' that take the way of the left.

They should just limit how long a Congressman serves.

I like how you think, Roadhouse, and term limits for Congressmen should become law. But, unfortunately, it's those same Congressmen who make the laws--if you get my drift. :)

I got the impression--and it might be erroneous--this would be more of a “think tank” type organization. Since the government seems to need all the help it can get fighting the spread of radical Islam, I think development of such a conservative organization would be a good idea. Today our government too often cannot work though a problem with productive results because strong partisan ideology gets in the way. A think tank can come up with a broad, united, cohesive strategy with all the “whereas” and “wherefores” filled in to give strong support to what the government is attempting to do in its fight against terrorism.

But, as I stated in my first sentence, my interpretation of this article might not have been what the author had in mind.

Forum List

Back